Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622057 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1455 on: July 17, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

1. So, while I've figured out how to easily obtain water with rivers and wells and blood spatterings and such, it seems food is a lot more rare. Is there any easy way to obtain food like water? The only times I have food is when I randomly come open some animals, or I find a meat storage place and loot it.

2. This one I've been trying to figure out for years: How do you get into Dwarven Forts/Dark Goblin Fortresses/Elven Retreats/etc.?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 17, 2013, 10:04:19 pm »

1. So, while I've figured out how to easily obtain water with rivers and wells and blood spatterings and such, it seems food is a lot more rare. Is there any easy way to obtain food like water? The only times I have food is when I randomly come open some animals, or I find a meat storage place and loot it.

2. This one I've been trying to figure out for years: How do you get into Dwarven Forts/Dark Goblin Fortresses/Elven Retreats/etc.?
1. I just butcher every animal I kill. Do that and you shouldnt have problems with food shortages.
2. You cant. In the current release they dont have "overworld locations."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 17, 2013, 10:32:42 pm »

1. I do that, but it seems animals just appear randomly, are there certain types of locations they appear more frequently at?

2. Ah damn. I remember watching a LP a while back where the Hero's party invaded a goblin city and massacred them, igniting a war. Is there any hope of that stuff coming back?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 17, 2013, 11:07:07 pm »

1. Oh one ambush by giant dingoes and your set ;)
2. I think it can be modded so they have overworld locations but those locations are just copy and pasted from human settlements. It might have been that?

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 18, 2013, 09:15:28 am »

Is there any hope of that stuff coming back?
Yes. In fact, this is one of the major things that's going to be in the next version.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

George7823

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 23, 2013, 07:29:03 am »

Could someone be Nice of to do a Step by Step to mod in Bronze Colossus to be Playable in Adventure mode!  :D I'm very new to the Modding in DF and I tried doing it myself but the world are tried to make keep rejecting and starting over. So it was a Fail ! :'(

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 23, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »

Could someone be Nice of to do a Step by Step to mod in Bronze Colossus to be Playable in Adventure mode!  :D I'm very new to the Modding in DF and I tried doing it myself but the world are tried to make keep rejecting and starting over. So it was a Fail ! :'(
First, undo anything you've done.
Then, go into raw/objects/entity_default.txt and add this right at the bottom:
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:BRONZE]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
A couple of general tips:
  • We have a modding questions thread here for things like this, you're much more likely to get help if you post there.
  • If anything goes wrong when modding, check your errorlog.txt in your main DF folder. It is invaluable.

Kelenius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 28, 2013, 02:53:33 pm »

So my adventurer has, hm, torn apart chin whiskers. And also infection. In the head hair.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42049925/dwarf.png

Should I be worried about it? Is there a way to cure it?

And how is it even possible to have infection in the hair?

PS: he drips pus occasionally on the head. Helps to have a source of water at any moment... *cough*

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 29, 2013, 06:11:32 am »

So my adventurer has, hm, torn apart chin whiskers. And also infection. In the head hair.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42049925/dwarf.png

Should I be worried about it? Is there a way to cure it?

And how is it even possible to have infection in the hair?

PS: he drips pus occasionally on the head. Helps to have a source of water at any moment... *cough*
I've never heard of hair infection before, but maybe it can be solved by adding [HEALING_RATE:100] (or 1000 or whatever number you like) to hair and whiskers in the raws. Then rest ot fast-travel to let it do its instantaneous magic.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 29, 2013, 03:43:59 pm »

I've just discovered that the dollar signs surrounding objects meant it was yet to be bought (as I suspected) after finding an abandoned town's abandoned weaponsmith shop. I've just a couple of questions about how it works.

• I don't suppose there's a way to buy the stuff from an abandoned shop?
  • When do the people of world label you as a THIEF? Is it when you pick up an unpaid item, when you leave the shop with it, or when you encounter someone whilst holding it?
  • If the answer to 2 is "when someone sees you holding it", would it be safe to assume then that the news is instantly known by the whole world?

Currently I've picked up $objects$ but have yet to leave the shop. I'm wondering if I should dare step outside, or if I'm already labeled a stealer and should just keep the stuff at this point.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Norkrak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 31, 2013, 04:08:05 pm »

I just started playing a new adventurer and I went to a fort to get some friends. There was a item inside the fort that was simply called "It Is Death" what does this do? is it a easter egg?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:48 pm »

I've just discovered that the dollar signs surrounding objects meant it was yet to be bought (as I suspected) after finding an abandoned town's abandoned weaponsmith shop. I've just a couple of questions about how it works.

• I don't suppose there's a way to buy the stuff from an abandoned shop?
  • When do the people of world label you as a THIEF? Is it when you pick up an unpaid item, when you leave the shop with it, or when you encounter someone whilst holding it?
  • If the answer to 2 is "when someone sees you holding it", would it be safe to assume then that the news is instantly known by the whole world?

Currently I've picked up $objects$ but have yet to leave the shop. I'm wondering if I should dare step outside, or if I'm already labeled a stealer and should just keep the stuff at this point.

Though I can't remember what triggers the Thief flag, you cannot buy items unless there's a trader present, and the Thief flag travels by telepathy. so if you take the item, everyone in the civ will Hate you, and that includes tame creatures.

If you need items, any in the forts and local warehouses are free for the taking.

I just started playing a new adventurer and I went to a fort to get some friends. There was a item inside the fort that was simply called "It Is Death" what does this do? is it a easter egg?

There are no Easter eggs in DF, and what the found item is, I don't know.  If it were me and my adventurer was new, I'd take the risk and try to interact with it.  You never know, some dwarf might engrave a wall about it some day.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 31, 2013, 07:16:37 pm »

Sounds like a book about necromancy. Try reading it.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 31, 2013, 08:18:00 pm »

Sounds like a book about necromancy. Try reading it.

If it were a book, it would be identified as a book rather than "It Is Death".  :P
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Kelenius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 01, 2013, 12:15:06 am »

Maybe it was an artifact? A screenshot maybe?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 327