Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620810 times)

blazing glory

Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1590 on: November 28, 2013, 11:25:58 pm »

any way I can avoid being slowed by becoming a vampire?

Vampirism doubles your strength, which doubles your muscle mass. IIRC, it also doubles your toughness, which makes a lot of your tissues and bones heavier. That's why you slow down.

pfft I know WHY I get slowed but can I avoid it?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 29, 2013, 01:36:12 am »

Does retiring and unretiring remove the mummy curse? I've read a couple tines that it does, but when I tried that, it didn't work.

blazing glory

« Reply #1592 on: November 29, 2013, 12:24:07 pm »

Does retiring and unretiring remove the mummy curse? I've read a couple tines that it does, but when I tried that, it didn't work.

how good is your character?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 29, 2013, 01:53:35 pm »

I was using the modded armok adventurer.

blazing glory

« Reply #1594 on: November 29, 2013, 08:16:28 pm »

then you probably should restart

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 29, 2013, 08:48:14 pm »

If I was playing a dwarf adventurer, would that trick have worked?

MeTekillot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 29, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »

Vampirism doubles your strength, which doubles your muscle mass. IIRC, it also doubles your toughness, which makes a lot of your tissues and bones heavier. That's why you slow down.

Don't become a vampire?

blazing glory

« Reply #1597 on: November 29, 2013, 10:24:33 pm »

Don't become a vampire?

that's what i've been doing so far

Pagz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 30, 2013, 07:43:39 pm »

So I've been playing a goblin adventurer, I want to retire them however everywhere I go and ever town I visit I can only "die of starvation". Where do I need to go to retire an adventurer?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 30, 2013, 07:51:36 pm »

So I've been playing a goblin adventurer, I want to retire them however everywhere I go and ever town I visit I can only "die of starvation". Where do I need to go to retire an adventurer?

If you can find a goblin owned territory, you can retire there. It may also be possible to retire in a bandit camp, though it's unlikely.

Pagz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 30, 2013, 08:37:06 pm »

Goblin owned territory gives me the same result, although bandit camp is something I haven't tried. How would I go about tracking one down?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 30, 2013, 08:45:27 pm »

The normal way would be to ask some random townsfolk about the surroundings, or asking for a task and hope they assign a bandit. But it sounds like you aren't very welcome in human territories. I think that's a problem most goblin adventurers have, since goblins aren't even friendly with each other, let alone other races.

I'm not entirely sure of how you could track down a bandit camp without asking for directions or through blind luck. Though there is a way to find one, but it's a bit tedious. You could create a copy of your save, start a new adventurer in the copy, then ask about the surroundings. Take a screen-cap of the map, go back to your goblin, then compare the screenshot with your goblins map and go from there.

EvgEn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 04, 2013, 08:00:49 pm »

I am new to adventurer mode. Played a few hours and have some questions:
1) (How) can i eat, for example, wild strawberries growing somewhere? Looks like i can neither eat them as is nor pick them up. Or adventurers eat only meat?
2) Where all the wildlife is? I only found a lone fish while training swimming skill, but it escaped. I am starving! (well, only hungry by now)
3) Any way to stop bleeding? I just got an (un)lucky arrow in my guts and died of blood loss fairly soon.
4) I went to a "Dark fortress" but the whole site was just empty. No fortress or anything, just trees! Also map showed a river in this site but i found nothing but a few puddles. What does it mean / is it ok?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 04, 2013, 08:26:18 pm »

I am new to adventurer mode. Played a few hours and have some questions:
1) (How) can i eat, for example, wild strawberries growing somewhere? Looks like i can neither eat them as is nor pick them up. Or adventurers eat only meat?
2) Where all the wildlife is? I only found a lone fish while training swimming skill, but it escaped. I am starving! (well, only hungry by now)
3) Any way to stop bleeding? I just got an (un)lucky arrow in my guts and died of blood loss fairly soon.
4) I went to a "Dark fortress" but the whole site was just empty. No fortress or anything, just trees! Also map showed a river in this site but i found nothing but a few puddles. What does it mean / is it ok?

1) You can't pick wild-growing plants. You will either need to take food from villages or butcher your own meat. There's usually bags full of food in random houses that you can take without anyone caring. The only time you will be restricted to eating meat is if the race you are playing as is carnivorous, which none of the playable races are.

2) Most wildlife are scared off the second they see you, which is from a much farther range than what you can see. Keep searching, you should find some eventually.

3) Bleeding has to go away on its own, unfortunately.

4) Dark Fortresses, Mountain Fortresses, and Forest Retreats aren't in game yet. They will be next version.

blazing glory

« Reply #1604 on: December 05, 2013, 12:31:57 am »

If I was playing a dwarf adventurer, would that trick have worked?

sorry only noticed this right now no it wouldn't as far as I know but since it would be a easily replacable armok it wouldn't matter
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 327