Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621933 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1575 on: November 21, 2013, 05:00:41 pm »

Is there a different method of disarming people than simply grabbing their weapon and moving away, hoping it stays in your grasp?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:03 pm »

Is there a different method of disarming people than simply grabbing their weapon and moving away, hoping it stays in your grasp?

You can attempt to wrestle it off of them. When you grab onto their weapon, open the item interaction menu and select the weapon. You will be given the option to wrestle for control. This can be done with any clothing as well. The wrestled item should be coloured differently from all the other items in your inventory.

Or you can hit their weapon arm, and hope that they drop their weapon from pain/nerve damage.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 21, 2013, 05:34:15 pm »

Or you can hit their weapon arm, and hope that they drop their weapon from pain/nerve damage.
Yeah, I used to do it that way, but I just eventually used wrestling, cos it's easier IMO.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 23, 2013, 05:57:26 pm »

How do you examine your histfig/entity links? Outside of temporarily retiring in a town.

I'm just wondering as quietust mentioned about it in a bug report, so I'm just asking what he was referring to.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 06:03:52 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 25, 2013, 02:32:16 pm »

I was messing around with goblins and kobolds as adventurers and having all races (aside from Kobolds. I tried giving them cities but they pretty much exploded in population) and I get attacked by my own civ as both.

For kobolds I guess it's because of utterances. However, when I played as a goblin, I went to another goblin civilization and somehow became an enemy of that civ as I didn't attack anything (well, I did kill someone in there while I tried to get out) and when I went to my civs capitol, I got attacked by soldiers even though I was still friendly with that civ. So, what the heck happened with me while playing as a goblin? According to legends, the ones I did kill during my suicide run in the capital and one of those that killed me became an enemy of my site group which I'm still a member of.

I was also unable to get any quests in the starting village for some reason.

Edit: I think I read somewhere that the babysnatcher tag causes problems when playing as adventurer?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:35:17 pm by smjjames »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 25, 2013, 02:37:15 pm »

I was messing around with goblins and kobolds as adventurers and having all races (aside from Kobolds. I tried giving them cities but they pretty much exploded in population) and I get attacked by my own civ as both.

For kobolds I guess it's because of utterances. However, when I played as a goblin, I went to another goblin civilization and somehow became an enemy of that civ as I didn't attack anything (well, I did kill someone in there while I tried to get out) and when I went to my civs capitol, I got attacked by soldiers even though I was still friendly with that civ. So, what the heck happened with me while playing as a goblin? According to legends, the ones I did kill during my suicide run in the capital and one of those that killed me became an enemy of my site group which I'm still a member of.

I was also unable to get any quests in the starting village for some reason.

Edit: I think I read somewhere that the babysnatcher tag causes problems when playing as adventurer?

There's an entity tag called [LOCAL_BANDITRY], it is likely what is making them all hostile to you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »

Oh, okay. I couldn't speak as a kobold adventurer anyway.

How come I couldn't get any tasks in my starting village? Same tag?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 25, 2013, 03:23:55 pm »

Oh, okay. I couldn't speak as a kobold adventurer anyway.

How come I couldn't get any tasks in my starting village? Same tag?

It could be. What exactly do you mean by not being able to get tasks? Do they say they have no need of you, or do they not speak at all?

If they say they have no need of you, then it's because there isn't anything dangerous nearby for you to kill, or that the only animals nearby have a [DIFFICULTY:11] or higher, which means they won't get assigned as targets. If they can't speak at all, it's probably because kobolds can't speak. If you give them a language, they will be able to give you tasks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 25, 2013, 03:32:23 pm »

They were just saying i have no need of you. I did stop worldgen at year 100, so that may have had something to do with it. It's also possible that the local banditry bit screwed with the quests as I was only friendly to the village I started in.

blazing glory

« Reply #1584 on: November 25, 2013, 09:24:43 pm »

any way I can avoid being slowed by becoming a vampire?

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 26, 2013, 06:19:25 am »

Drink blood.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Rencini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: November 26, 2013, 07:24:08 am »

If I were to retire my adventurer due to a missing limb, severed nerve, or just plain boredom and take on about two or five years of Fortress Building in a proximate (close) area, would that adventurer be perfectly healthy when I play him/her again? Would he/she be able to have children during this period? Can they die or worse not regain any lost limbs?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 26, 2013, 07:37:07 am »

If I were to retire my adventurer due to a missing limb, severed nerve, or just plain boredom and take on about two or five years of Fortress Building in a proximate (close) area, would that adventurer be perfectly healthy when I play him/her again? Would he/she be able to have children during this period? Can they die or worse not regain any lost limbs?

If you retire them in a mountainhome, they may show up as a migrant in your fort. They won't magically heal by being retired, though anything that can heal will heal. Severed nerves and missing limbs don't heal, unless you are a were-beast. They won't have children or go on other adventures while you are in Fort Mode, since history stops once you start to actually play. Though this will change in the next version. There is a risk of them dying, but only from old age.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 28, 2013, 07:04:29 am »

In my experience, infection does not heal without magic in adventure mode by retiring and unretiring.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

MeTekillot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 28, 2013, 03:56:43 pm »

Vampirism doubles your strength, which doubles your muscle mass. IIRC, it also doubles your toughness, which makes a lot of your tissues and bones heavier. That's why you slow down.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 327