Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621872 times)

CBlackrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1635 on: January 05, 2014, 06:08:52 pm »

Go to the fast travel menu and run around a bit, and you will be able to eat again, but you won't lose as much nourishment. After a few tries, you can get to a stable point.

Hint: For some reason, you can drink the blood of enemies with no repercussions, and saltwater if you use a simple trick. Jump into the ocean, jump out immediately, drink the water off your body.

Cool, I'll give this a shot. I just got finished a fortress that forged a spare set of adamantine armor, so I hope I can recover it with my adventurer. Should make for a fun time :)

CBlackrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 05, 2014, 07:28:50 pm »

Sorry for the double post, I have one more question. I accidentally mistook a giant crow for a regular one and tried to train wrestling on it. This did not end well, and now my leg is hurt and I have a couple of broken toes. I had read that fast travelling was supposed to rapidly heal you, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all for me. Is there any other ways I can mend my leg? I'm moving so slowly right now it hurts.

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 05, 2014, 07:40:50 pm »

I believe there was a bug in the current version where toes and fingers never heal (which leads to inevitable death from infections in fortress mode).

It seems your adventurer has a motor nerve severed in his leg which means he will never walk again, the only thing you can do is find a crutch (can be found in large city keeps and warehouses) and walk around until you get legendary at the skill and are almost as fast as a regular creature.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 06, 2014, 02:46:26 am »

I'm thinking about making animal man adventurers. What kind of snake person has the nastiest venom?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 06, 2014, 03:02:03 am »

I'm thinking about making animal man adventurers. What kind of snake person has the nastiest venom?
Serpent man venom paralyzes victims and rots their lungs, leading to a quick death by suffocation.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 06, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »

Ah, this thread is a brilliant idea.

I modded in dwarf-towns, meaning easy steel, if I can get there.

But would it be possible to get adamantine in adventure mode without digging to the center of the earth in Fort Mode?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:16 pm »

Ah, this thread is a brilliant idea.

I modded in dwarf-towns, meaning easy steel, if I can get there.

But would it be possible to get adamantine in adventure mode without digging to the center of the earth in Fort Mode?

Not without toying around with adamantine's raws. Adamantine is marked as [DEEP_SPECIAL], so it shouldn't show up in most instances.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 07, 2014, 07:45:12 pm »

Is there a limit to the number of undead minions you can raise? And does removing the upright weapon open the clown car in adventure mode?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

blazing glory

« Reply #1643 on: January 07, 2014, 08:18:15 pm »

Is there a limit to the number of undead minions you can raise?

No,but there are several factors that make having lots and lots of minions a bad idea.

1 Lag,there will be lot's of lag if you have to many minions.

2 Ambushes,an ambushes size depends on your party size,so if you get 20 goblins if you have 10 party members,what do you think you are gonna get if you have 300 party members?

3 Entering towns,getting rid of 300 zombies doesn't sound easy to me.

blazing glory

« Reply #1644 on: January 07, 2014, 08:25:56 pm »

sorry for the double post but how do I find caves?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 07, 2014, 09:21:57 pm »

sorry for the double post but how do I find caves?

Same way you find lairs. Pester peasants about the surrounding area. Or you can set caves to be visible by default in the Advanced World Generator.

As for zombie minions, getting rid of them is easy. If you hit one, they will all stop following you. Though getting them all back would be difficult, since you would either have to kill them all or find new corpses.

TortuousAugur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 08, 2014, 07:53:29 pm »

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to increase the capacity of waterskins by modifying the raws? Three water is not realistic at all for a waterskin, especially how often you have to drink, and for some reason, I'm having an excessive amount of trouble finding any for sale in the towns. Please don't suggest drinking blood/moisture from your clothing, as it is not reliable enough for me (not to mention, I don't want to turn vampire until I'm ready).

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 08, 2014, 08:23:42 pm »

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to increase the capacity of waterskins by modifying the raws? Three water is not realistic at all for a waterskin, especially how often you have to drink, and for some reason, I'm having an excessive amount of trouble finding any for sale in the towns.

Waterskins are hard-coded, so they can't be changed.

Please don't suggest drinking blood/moisture from your clothing, as it is not reliable enough for me (not to mention, I don't want to turn vampire until I'm ready).

You can bottle water at rivers and streams using the (I)tem interaction menu. You can also store other liquids if there is enough on the ground, which includes blood. If a waterskin can't hold enough for you, try filling small bags, quivers, or backpacks instead.

TortuousAugur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 09, 2014, 04:43:58 am »

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to increase the capacity of waterskins by modifying the raws? Three water is not realistic at all for a waterskin, especially how often you have to drink, and for some reason, I'm having an excessive amount of trouble finding any for sale in the towns.

Waterskins are hard-coded, so they can't be changed.

That sucks... oh well...

Please don't suggest drinking blood/moisture from your clothing, as it is not reliable enough for me (not to mention, I don't want to turn vampire until I'm ready).

You can bottle water at rivers and streams using the (I)tem interaction menu. You can also store other liquids if there is enough on the ground, which includes blood. If a waterskin can't hold enough for you, try filling small bags, quivers, or backpacks instead.

This, however, I didn't know you could do. I'll have to make one of my bags a waterskin, and put the blood of my vampire quest into the waterskin for later use... hehehhe

TortuousAugur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 09, 2014, 05:48:12 pm »

I downloaded and installed Wanderer's Friend and Blacksmith's Friend, but I can't seem to get the "tool production" reactions to show up on my create list? All the files seem to be in the correct spot according to the readme included, but I'm only really seeing what looks to me like reactions from BF, and nothing from WF... but I was an idiot, and didn't quite read the install correctly, and now I have to basically reinstall the mods, correctly this time.
However, I rather like my map, and was wondering if it was possible for me to acquire the world gen seeds from the region folder somehow?

I found the answer to my question.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:06:53 pm by TortuousAugur »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 327