Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620799 times)

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1665 on: January 30, 2014, 03:02:18 pm »

Exactly, kuudou.  Throwing, at a high enough level, simply does not give a fuck.  It will go through anything and fuck up everything.  Admittedly, not as much as in the past, where a single Thrown Fluffy Wambler killed a Bronze Colossus (no comment on the state of the Wambler), but it will still ruin anything's day when used correctly.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 30, 2014, 04:13:49 pm »

It's becoming very clear now that throwing is still overpowered since I can kill things more consistently with throwing than any amount of level in my weapon skills.

I got another question now though. I like clearing necromancer towers since I can sometimes find Steel weapons on the bodies. One problem among many (since zombies are super strong and can punch through just about anything) is that necromancers will raise zombies at the most inopportune times (like when I'm trying to hobble away). Since necromancers are friendly to begin with, does killing one make me hostile to all nearby human settlements in the region? I'm not entirely sure how this works since I recall killing tamed animals will enrage everyone and I've been cautious since then.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 30, 2014, 04:19:53 pm »

It's becoming very clear now that throwing is still overpowered since I can kill things more consistently with throwing than any amount of level in my weapon skills.

I got another question now though. I like clearing necromancer towers since I can sometimes find Steel weapons on the bodies. One problem among many (since zombies are super strong and can punch through just about anything) is that necromancers will raise zombies at the most inopportune times (like when I'm trying to hobble away). Since necromancers are friendly to begin with, does killing one make me hostile to all nearby human settlements in the region? I'm not entirely sure how this works since I recall killing tamed animals will enrage everyone and I've been cautious since then.

No, necromancers are separate. You're lucky that they aren't hostile, that would make dealing with them much more difficult.

Try luring the zombies out of the tower where the necros don't have line of sight to resurrect the corpses.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 30, 2014, 04:33:11 pm »

No, necromancers are separate. You're lucky that they aren't hostile, that would make dealing with them much more difficult.

Try luring the zombies out of the tower where the necros don't have line of sight to resurrect the corpses.

I try to do this. But they sometimes run outside for some reason.

Also do they come hostile for some people? Mine are perfectly ammicable for some reason. No matter what region I travel to.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 30, 2014, 04:36:20 pm »

Also do they come hostile for some people? Mine are perfectly ammicable for some reason. No matter what region I travel to.

They turn up as hostile fairly often for me. Though sometimes I'll have a tower where only some are hostile but others aren't, oddly enough.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 30, 2014, 05:03:56 pm »

Necromancers are [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE].  If you're Undead (i.e. a Vampire), they love you.  If you're not, they will try to make you one (i.e. Undead, not a Vampire).  Zombies will still be hostile to Vampires, I think(?) but if you become a Vampire Necromancer, you should be fine.

If some of them like you and others don't, that's a bug.  They should all love you or loathe you, no middle ground when it comes to Necromancers.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 30, 2014, 05:09:16 pm »

Necromancers are [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE].  If you're Undead (i.e. a Vampire), they love you.  If you're not, they will try to make you one (i.e. Undead, not a Vampire).  Zombies will still be hostile to Vampires, I think(?) but if you become a Vampire Necromancer, you should be fine.

If some of them like you and others don't, that's a bug.  They should all love you or loathe you, no middle ground when it comes to Necromancers.

Err, no. Necros aren't [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE]. If they were, then adventurer necromancers would never be able to get close to towns or have non-undead followers without being chased around by an angry mob of peasants. Zombies are opposed to life though, meaning they get along fine with vampires and some werebeasts.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 04, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »

In Masterwork, I'm a necromancer with a quest to kill an elf necromancer in a tower. Everyone in the tower is currently friendly to me. If I were to attack my target, would everyone in the tower become hostile to me?

I'm kinda hesitant to trigger everyone attacking me at once. There's a couple special spell-users that could possibly wreck me with their spells.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 04, 2014, 02:36:00 pm »

In Masterwork, I'm a necromancer with a quest to kill an elf necromancer in a tower. Everyone in the tower is currently friendly to me. If I were to attack my target, would everyone in the tower become hostile to me?

I'm kinda hesitant to trigger everyone attacking me at once. There's a couple special spell-users that could possibly wreck me with their spells.

Potentially yes, they would turn on you. Except the zombies, they would just stand there.

Try to see if you can enlist the elf as a companion, lead them away from the tower, then kill them.

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 05, 2014, 10:13:45 am »

I have question.
I tried murdering a village but they where respawning is this normal and if normal how do I stop them spawning

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:09 am »

I can't remember if that's normal or not, I seemed to recall that you could exterminate the entirety of the world's population in Adventure mode to reach an Age of Emptiness, but that might've been in an earlier version.  Could someone confirm that for me?

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 08, 2014, 07:25:47 pm »

Question: Whats a mod or other easy way to play with other races or special beings , dragons , goblins, etc

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 08, 2014, 07:46:27 pm »

I have question.
I tried murdering a village but they where respawning is this normal and if normal how do I stop them spawning

Yes, that's normal. Historical figures stay dead though.

I can't remember if that's normal or not, I seemed to recall that you could exterminate the entirety of the world's population in Adventure mode to reach an Age of Emptiness, but that might've been in an earlier version.  Could someone confirm that for me?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=46033.0

It was done quite a while ago.

Question: Whats a mod or other easy way to play with other races or special beings , dragons , goblins, etc

Go to the raw folder, open up entity_default.txt, and create an entry at the bottom like this:
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:ADVENTURER]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:DRAGON]
[CREATURE:HYDRA]
[CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]
[CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
[CREATURE:MINOTAUR]
[CREATURE:GIANT]
[CREATURE:ETTIN]
[CREATURE:CYCLOPS]
This will allow you to play as a megabeast outsider.

To play as a creature that already has an entity, such as goblins and kobolds, add [ADVENTURE_TIER:#] to them. You can put any number you want into the adventure tier tag.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 08, 2014, 08:29:35 pm »

I have question.

Yes, that's normal. Historical figures stay dead though.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=46033.0

It was done quite a while ago.

Go to the raw folder, open up entity_default.txt, and create an entry at the bottom like this:
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:ADVENTURER]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:DRAGON]
[CREATURE:HYDRA]
[CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]
[CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
[CREATURE:MINOTAUR]
[CREATURE:GIANT]
[CREATURE:ETTIN]
[CREATURE:CYCLOPS]
This will allow you to play as a megabeast outsider.

To play as a creature that already has an entity, such as goblins and kobolds, add [ADVENTURE_TIER:#] to them. You can put any number you want into the adventure tier tag.

Thanks, it works, but then how do I eat? I cannot butcher the animals I kill and apparently dragons can't eat unbutchered animals...

Also the dragonfire is surprising weak, is it based on a skill in the adventurer create screen or just bugged?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:32:45 pm by mosshadow »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 08, 2014, 08:38:45 pm »

Thanks, it works, but then how do I eat? I cannot butcher the animals I kill and apparently dragons can't eat unbutchered animals...

Also the dragonfire is surprising weak, is it based on a skill in the adventurer create screen or just bugged?

You will be unable to eat unfortunately. Dragons cannot grasp items, and an edged weapon or tool is needed for butchering in adventure mode. You could always add [NO_EAT] to dragons so that you do not have to worry about food.

Interactions do not use a skill. How is dragonfire weak? Are your targets just not melting quick enough? If you are hoping to start a wildfire, you won't be able to because dragonfire is hot enough to completely disintegrate grass and plants.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 327