Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621852 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3075 on: December 12, 2015, 12:44:31 am »

You need help with help? o3o

Knowing how the game can be, I'd bet it has to be epic, heartwarming stuff like leading a former goblin captive to reunite with their family. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: December 12, 2015, 02:55:25 am »

How do I create dance and music forms? All I can do is make songs and such for an existing form but I cannot make an entirely new one.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: December 12, 2015, 09:23:37 am »

How do I create dance and music forms? All I can do is make songs and such for an existing form but I cannot make an entirely new one.
Use 'x' menu.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

DanielJG

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: December 13, 2015, 07:11:50 am »

Is it not possible to ask a person for directions to a trade city? I ask someone in town who they trade with, but then that place doesn't appear in the list when asking directions. I'm playing an outsider peasant and I'm trying to obtain a backpack.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: December 13, 2015, 08:25:59 am »

Ask them for criminal organisations (and/or beasts - and wait til they mention a vampire) - chances are that your town is mentioned, as I never encountered a town which wasn't plagued by bandits/outcasts.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3080 on: December 13, 2015, 02:37:37 pm »

Yeah, you can't ask about the whereabouts of something until somebody's complained about something there. Annoying.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3081 on: December 13, 2015, 05:56:25 pm »

Can I make an adventurer of a different race (or intelligent wilderness creature) and join a retired fort somehow?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: December 13, 2015, 05:59:22 pm »

If you manage to ask to become citizen, yes.
Some races work.
In some cases you will be marked as hostile.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3083 on: December 13, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »

If you manage to ask to become citizen, yes.
Some races work.
In some cases you will be marked as hostile.

What do I have to do to ask that? I tried talking to the mayor, but there was no option like that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 13, 2015, 06:52:24 pm »

It might be based on your skills? I had ask to become performer but not citizen, I think anyway

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 13, 2015, 10:44:54 pm »

How do I find a beast in adventure mode now?  I head of peopled troubled by them and cant figure out how to see them in the quest log like before

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #3086 on: December 14, 2015, 10:19:10 am »

How do I find a beast in adventure mode now?  I head of peopled troubled by them and cant figure out how to see them in the quest log like before

What's the last version you've played?
It was changed so you only know about rumors and no longer have actual quests.

You just sort of... have to write down where the place actually is or just remember the name of the location.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3087 on: December 14, 2015, 11:03:49 am »

Ask the local lord about problems, ask for the location. See it under sites in quest log.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3088 on: December 14, 2015, 12:05:56 pm »

I have been taking to keeping a notebook to just write down the names and everything myself. You get way more into the game if you can recognise a name from a conversation and see that it has to do with this person who was a lord of your civ a century ago. (Especially because dead people don't seem to be possible to ask about, nor are registered in your quest log, despite everything else including that cat you knocked over)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 14, 2015, 12:15:16 pm »

I have been taking to keeping a notebook to just write down the names and everything myself. You get way more into the game if you can recognise a name from a conversation and see that it has to do with this person who was a lord of your civ a century ago. (Especially because dead people don't seem to be possible to ask about, nor are registered in your quest log, despite everything else including that cat you knocked over)

Which seriously makes me wish we had an in-game way to better flag stuff we want to remember, or an in-game note feature. Like fortress mode notes. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 327