Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621926 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3105 on: December 14, 2015, 03:45:34 pm »

I'm using AdventureCraft, and I didn't use an advanced worldgen. Only special thing I did was stop the history progression at year 30, because I think 5 is too little and 125 is too much.

Hmm. A few versions of it ago, there was that "removing RCP upper spines disables necromancy" bug I'd fixed a while back, I can't recall if it had messed with vampires but it might have. That got quashed a few updates into the 42.02 version and likewise shouldn't recur in the 42.03 version though. @_@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: December 14, 2015, 06:37:31 pm »

Then it's reasonable that you don't have any vampires or werebeasts.
Too short for a history - at least to develop things like these or necromancers.

Edit: Btw, why is 125 too much?
My earliest stopping for WorldGen occurs around 500.
Then you have all of these nice little wars and secrets around your travels.
I wouldn't want to miss that.

On smaller worlds, all the monsters are dead by 100
Or if you make more monsters, all the civs are dead by 100

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: December 14, 2015, 08:28:28 pm »

How do I find a beast in adventure mode now?  I head of peopled troubled by them and cant figure out how to see them in the quest log like before

What's the last version you've played?
It was changed so you only know about rumors and no longer have actual quests.

You just sort of... have to write down where the place actually is or just remember the name of the location.

I last did Adventure mode in any serious capacity before v0.40

Thank you

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: December 14, 2015, 10:15:50 pm »

Are boogeymen no longer around in 42.x?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: December 14, 2015, 10:43:40 pm »

Should still be around. Do you have a companion with you? Bogeys only appear when you are alone, and will not appear in mountains, beaches, lakes, or oceans. Supposedly they may not appear in deserts, either.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: December 15, 2015, 12:08:17 am »

My adventurer knows several music form, which involve only "stimze" and "asteri", while now he finds a "jekash".

How can he play the "jekash"?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: December 15, 2015, 06:18:29 am »

Musical instrument skills are based solely on the mechanical operation of the instrument, i.e, wind, percussion, stringed, not specific instrument types.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: December 15, 2015, 07:37:12 am »

Then it's reasonable that you don't have any vampires or werebeasts.
Too short for a history - at least to develop things like these or necromancers.

Edit: Btw, why is 125 too much?
My earliest stopping for WorldGen occurs around 500.
Then you have all of these nice little wars and secrets around your travels.
I wouldn't want to miss that.

By 125, on my latest attempts, the world was too homogenous because civs conquered one another, and many of the semi-megabeasts were dead, leaving mostly the bigger, badder megabeasts.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: December 15, 2015, 07:37:34 am »

Should still be around. Do you have a companion with you? Bogeys only appear when you are alone, and will not appear in mountains, beaches, lakes, or oceans. Supposedly they may not appear in deserts, either.
I spent half the night running around a city solo, trying to get just one more vampire. I expected to have to duck into a building for cover, but it never happened. If they're in the world, would they appear in the populations list?

Musical instrument skills are based solely on the mechanical operation of the instrument, i.e, wind, percussion, stringed, not specific instrument types.
No, you do have to know the musical form that employs the instrument before you can start using it. If you're playing as an outsider, you can't even use the sing, dance or poet skill until learning a form from any culture.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:39:11 am by Uzu Bash »

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: December 15, 2015, 07:47:24 am »

I spent half the night running around a city solo, trying to get just one more vampire. I expected to have to duck into a building for cover, but it never happened. If they're in the world, would they appear in the populations list?

Nope.
Bogeyman are the same as before.
There is a chance they attack you, not a given certainty.

By 125, on my latest attempts, the world was too homogenous because civs conquered one another, and many of the semi-megabeasts were dead, leaving mostly the bigger, badder megabeasts.
To circumwent this I always use AdvWorldGen:
Make more civs, make more sites, raise semi-/megabeast/nightcreatures/savagery (by a lot)/secrets/disturbance/historical-persons-limit (by a lot)/caves/titans.
After this I always get worlds in which I have a lot to do (even after 500/1000 years running) - and these worlds I wouldn't call homogenous, as there are wars raging on permanently.
I never got a race wiped out and semi-/megabeasts didn't accumulate horrendous kill-list (sometimes I even encounter one with no kill whatsoever).
Only problem is that vampires are badass killing machines with 2k or even 8k kills.
But these you could turn off.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:49:07 am by SaD-82 »

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #3115 on: December 15, 2015, 07:51:31 am »

Only problem is that vampires are badass killing machines with 2k or even 8k kills.

"Please, great warrior, kill this dragon! It has killed two people in 500 years!"
"Could you kill this guy for us? I think he's a vampire. No rush though, he only killed eight-thousand citizens."

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: December 15, 2015, 09:37:41 am »

I have been taking to keeping a notebook to just write down the names and everything myself. You get way more into the game if you can recognise a name from a conversation and see that it has to do with this person who was a lord of your civ a century ago. (Especially because dead people don't seem to be possible to ask about, nor are registered in your quest log, despite everything else including that cat you knocked over)

Which seriously makes me wish we had an in-game way to better flag stuff we want to remember, or an in-game note feature. Like fortress mode notes. ;w;
Well, toady did say that the next quality of life UI improvements would be focussed around adventure mode's questlog.

My day was just made. :D

Now the big question is: When will Toady come around to working on the UI...?  ???
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: December 15, 2015, 10:59:10 pm »

So, am I missing something when interacting with bandits and criminals?  I have a ring leader that I heard a rumor about but I don't seem to have the option to confront him on his criminal behavior.  I have been walking up and bashing them in the face but... that seems a bit unlawful.  The same occurs when I run into a goblin gang in a friendly village.  They sorta surround me and after a while they will attack but I can't verbally confront them or anything.  Demanding people to yield don't result in much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3118 on: December 15, 2015, 11:31:20 pm »

If you scare them enough they will yield. Also you can avoid no quarter and lethal combat usually by putting away your weapons and having a fistfight just make sure you are not in no quarter or lethal combat first.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:33:47 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: December 16, 2015, 08:26:35 am »

A non-lethal victory wouldn't get them out of the town, though. Grabbing and breaking the first fist one swings at you will make them go lethal, so you can draw weapons and clean them up without a murder or 'unhinged' accusation.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 327