Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621968 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3525 on: March 04, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »

Its easy to attain, much harder to keep, people can rebel against you and stuff.

Make sure to hire alot of hearthpeople to keep the peace if you want to keep a town longer then a week.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: March 04, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »

The only sure ways to retain a lordship are 1) never leave the seat of power and 2) offload the site and never return. Insurrections can begin and succeed only while the site is loaded. And other lords from the site's previous civ will come to claim the site, which they can only do if the site is loaded and you're not in the seat of power.

How do I rule or subjugate people? What does it do?
I was being facetious. Currently you can only subjugate people with the power of your own inventive narrative; the game mechanics do nothing to support it.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: March 04, 2016, 06:23:49 pm »

I was being facetious. Currently you can only subjugate people with the power of your own inventive narrative; the game mechanics do nothing to support it.

Forcibly reanimating their corpse doesn't count?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3528 on: March 04, 2016, 06:28:56 pm »

The only sure ways to retain a lordship are 1) never leave the seat of power and 2) offload the site and never return. Insurrections can begin and succeed only while the site is loaded. And other lords from the site's previous civ will come to claim the site, which they can only do if the site is loaded and you're not in the seat of power.

I have had insurrections happen while the site is offloaded, thats because we have world activation, hiring non-aligned  hearthpeopel will keep that to  a minimum. If you have enough you can read about how the insurrection was squashed. Hiring local farmers and killing previous hearths works well.

Proof:

Took over the site and wandered the world, then.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:34:41 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: March 04, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »

Hm. Last city I claimed, my rule went unchallenged for ~4 months with only 1 hearthman. When I joined a troupe and lost all memberships, that hearthguy became lord and a bloodless insurrection immediately transferred rulership to a different lord.

Proof:

Took over the site and wandered the world, then.
Well, that's proof that an insurrection can begin while the site is offloaded. Can you get proof it will succeed while the site is offloaded?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:37:45 pm by Uzu Bash »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3530 on: March 04, 2016, 06:35:48 pm »

Hm. Last city I claimed, my rule went unchallenged for ~4 months with only 1 hearthman. When I joined a troupe and lost all memberships, that hearthguy became lord and a bloodless insurrection immediately transferred rulership to a different lord.

I added a picture to my post
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3531 on: March 04, 2016, 06:38:11 pm »

We need to figure out how this stuff works internally, there may have been several reasons that happened. But we don't yet know for sure.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:41:10 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: March 04, 2016, 06:40:16 pm »

We need to figure out how this stuff works internally, there may have been several reasons that happened.
I actually had tried to transfer lordship to him myself and he refused with "I cannot accept this honor." So maybe it was easy for another lord to convince him to join him.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3533 on: March 04, 2016, 06:42:16 pm »

Hehe, I need to stop editing my posts to add more info.

Perhaps if you had more hearthpeople it may have went differently. But we just dont know for sure.
I am an indie game dev!

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: March 04, 2016, 09:26:09 pm »

And what happens if you acquire hearthpeople (not that I ever have, yet)? Do they then wander to your meadhall or keep? Do they stay where they are, but are retained on some kind of count that quantifies the safety of your stronghold?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3535 on: March 04, 2016, 09:29:59 pm »

And what happens if you acquire hearthpeople (not that I ever have, yet)? Do they then wander to your meadhall or keep? Do they stay where they are, but are retained on some kind of count that quantifies the safety of your stronghold?

They go on patrols and stuff, but they basically just hang out at the mead hall.
And your entity tracks them.So it does know how many hearths you have, and you can look it up later in legends.

They definitely will participate in world activation attacks to defend the hamlet and such (since they do that when they arent your hearthpeople so presumably it works for yours aswell) but presumably they prevent insurrection aswell, they also defend you if they see you attacked of course.We arent sure about the defense against insurrection bit.

I just asked on the fotf reply about it so next month we will know how that stuff works for sure, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:33:32 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: March 04, 2016, 09:37:10 pm »

They'll always come back to either meadhall or keep of the earliest group lordship you currently have. So if you're lord of one settlement, anyone you recruit as a healthperson will make their way to settle there, hang out in the meadhall/keep, go on patrols, etc. But currently, if you take lordship of another while still possessing the first, the next hearthfolk will still go back to your first, and your hearthperson limit will be limited to that group.

Gah, 'hearthperson' is such an awkward term.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: March 04, 2016, 09:40:47 pm »

They'll always come back to either meadhall or keep of the earliest group lordship you currently have. So if you're lord of one settlement, anyone you recruit as a healthperson will make their way to settle there, hang out in the meadhall/keep, go on patrols, etc. But currently, if you take lordship of another while still possessing the first, the next hearthfolk will still go back to your first, and your hearthperson limit will be limited to that group.

Gah, 'hearthperson' is such an awkward term.
Ah, thanks to both of you. Looks like a good reason not to take on too much real estate.

So...to acquire hearthpeople, you have to build status in the same way you do to get followers?

I've been running a few adventurers, and several times managed to acquire a keep. This last one applied to be the hearthperson for his predecessor, and was turned down until he'd gone into the town and knocked out some invaders. The lord then thanked him and took him in as a hearthperson.

It made sense, and I like it when this game makes sense. 

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: March 04, 2016, 10:38:39 pm »

How do I deal with Criminal Organizations?
I received a quest from my liege and he said to go to a nearby town and deal with the criminal organization that's running the place.

I went to the town and haven't found any sign of disturbance, the local leader is a lady from the Light Fellowship. I asked her about troubles, she said there are criminal organizations in another town, I asked if anyone have stakes on the land and she said that "There are no fewer than thirteen groups vying for control" but no further options.

The quest compass shows *** when I'm in the local tavern, but nobody there has a clue about the criminals. I thought it might be some kind of underground base and since there's a graveyard/catacomb nearby, I went there looking for it, but I found nothing, just a chaotic maze with skeletons, loot and cats. No sign of criminals or anything.

Also, what do I have to do in the 'skulking vermin quest'? I got this quest from the same person, and when I go to the place it's just empty, I use L(intense search) and found some ticks, beetles and worms, but can't attack them.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: March 04, 2016, 10:42:21 pm »

I've sometimes found stray fighters down in the depths of the meadhall or castle, but it takes some serious exploring to find them. If there is, there'll be one person named "boss" or "chief" or somesuch. Kill that one, and any others who say they're lieutenants.

Or maybe look closely at the folks around town, maybe it's one of them?

That said, I've also noticed that quests aren't always reliable.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 327