Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621967 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3765 on: May 12, 2016, 09:26:14 pm »

Digging isn't in as of yet, hopefully just a matter of time.

falcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 12, 2016, 10:12:33 pm »

Is there any way to stop being a brigand? I accidentally started at a camp and now everyone dislikes me and innkeepers demand a fortune to stay the night in town.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: May 13, 2016, 08:10:56 am »

Is there any way to stop being a brigand? I accidentally started at a camp and now everyone dislikes me and innkeepers demand a fortune to stay the night in town.

Ask to being someone's hearth-person? Maybe they will see you as a protector again.

Talking about hearth-persons....

I remember people saying that there is a way to conquer lands and make them pay hostage, but was said that it doesn't changed much the game.

the most close trade partners of my fort is a human town that is getting destroyed by some elves, that are my BFF forever because they bring giant animals.

Isn't possible that i, don't know make an elf adventurer and conquer human towns in a desert far away so my elves could bring me creatures from the desert? (reading Wikipedia it says that elves can bring any animal of the biomes they call home, so it's a possibility that they will bring giant camels, or something more fun right?)

Or make an human hearth-person(or animal-men hearth-person whatever) and conquer someone else so their civ will not die? i even think in the possibility of feeding the necro tower with my companions so it will not die and i will keep farming their weapons/necromancers. in fort mode

I am still playing 0.42.06, waiting to be sure that DFhack and PyLNP will be working in the new 0.43.xx version yet

I dont even know if will be enough creating a tower in the middle of the mountains/desert and give to my trade partners with the new version.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: May 13, 2016, 02:20:16 pm »

So. The new site construction stuff. Anyone figured out how all assigning zones to companions works? I built some rooms for my pals, assigned them, and tested by unrecruiting one of them. He seems to be loitering in the room I assigned him, which seems to be a success.

But I also assigned him the tavern. Will he become a tavern keeper eventually?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: May 13, 2016, 02:37:34 pm »

Hopefully!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: May 14, 2016, 06:39:27 pm »

WHY do I no longer seem to be able to convince people to become hearthpeople?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: May 14, 2016, 08:19:58 pm »

How many do you have, and how much fame do you have?

I run around telling people that I killed a roc, a dragon, and beat up or killed fifteen or twenty bandits, and with absolute crap for social attributes I was still able to get 19 companions for adventuring.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 14, 2016, 08:48:49 pm »

I run around telling people that I killed a roc, a dragon, and beat up or killed fifteen or twenty bandits, and with absolute crap for social attributes I was still able to get 19 companions for adventuring.

Wrong type of recruitment. I got 12 drunks doing nothing but a dance for them. What I want is to ask them to become hearthpeople of my tavern-fort-camp.

And now, after having killed night trolls, I can get drunks to say yes. Yeehaw.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: May 14, 2016, 09:30:28 pm »

Is there a key to repeat the prior action, or is that only doable with macros?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: May 14, 2016, 11:46:23 pm »

I'm sure this question has been asked, but how do you chop down trees (what key) and what can you use for chopping down trees?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: May 15, 2016, 12:58:15 am »

I'm sure this question has been asked, but how do you chop down trees (what key) and what can you use for chopping down trees?
Chopping trees down is under (g)et, and uses weapons or tools that use the axe skill (so it might even work with a cleaver.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: May 15, 2016, 01:30:29 am »

Chopping trees down is under (g)et, and uses weapons or tools that use the axe skill (so it might even work with a cleaver.
Building is cool, but I just got killed by bogeyman.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: May 15, 2016, 07:14:38 am »

Wrong type of recruitment. I got 12 drunks doing nothing but a dance for them. What I want is to ask them to become hearthpeople of my tavern-fort-camp.

And now, after having killed night trolls, I can get drunks to say yes. Yeehaw.
Same type of fame requirements though. If you can recruit someone to adventure you can make them a hearthperson.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: May 15, 2016, 10:41:59 am »

Building is cool, but I just got killed by bogeyman.

Same type of fame requirements though. If you can recruit someone to adventure you can make them a hearthperson.

Uh...nope. At least not anymore. Again, the entire reason I got confused was because I had to do MORE than what I did to recruit multiple companions. Key point being that I could ask my companions to become hearthpeople, and they'd refuse until I killed more stuff.

Unless you're referring to the same basic, Captain Obvious restrictions like the target can't be a lord or child. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: May 15, 2016, 03:24:37 pm »

im currently playing as a brown recluse spider man, and upon biting, there gets venom injected into the opponent, but, does it work?
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 327