Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621861 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3780 on: May 15, 2016, 03:27:20 pm »

im currently playing as a brown recluse spider man, and upon biting, there gets venom injected into the opponent, but, does it work?

It takes a while, but yeah.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: May 15, 2016, 03:31:11 pm »

im currently playing as a brown recluse spider man, and upon biting, there gets venom injected into the opponent, but, does it work?

It takes a while, but yeah.

sweet :)

currently biting a sasquatch and pumping him full of venom, found out i needed to be careful since i already punctured a lung, 20 shots of venom XD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: May 15, 2016, 03:36:39 pm »

The biggest problem is adventure-mode syndrome timers progress DAMN slowly relative to fortress mode.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: May 15, 2016, 11:49:50 pm »

Building is cool, but I just got killed by bogeyman.

Same type of fame requirements though. If you can recruit someone to adventure you can make them a hearthperson.

Uh...nope. At least not anymore. Again, the entire reason I got confused was because I had to do MORE than what I did to recruit multiple companions. Key point being that I could ask my companions to become hearthpeople, and they'd refuse until I killed more stuff.

Unless you're referring to the same basic, Captain Obvious restrictions like the target can't be a lord or child. :V
At a given fame level I was able to recruit 19 companions and turn them all into hearthpeople. Trying to recruit more companions got the "with a party this large" and asking about hearthperson got "I can not accept this honor" or something similar, might have been no room for me, but either way it is the same size limit. I hack this sometimes when I'm not interested in tracking down a hearthperson to do the cuckoo maneuver I just open up the lord/lady in gm-editor, check their squad id, then go into df.global.world.squads, find theirs, scroll down to positions and clear the unit_id of one. There's always 20 of them max. Only performance troupes work on a different system from the fame caps due to heroism, you can have people asking to carry your books and starry-eyed over what a Big Damn Hero you are, then you ask them to go entertain with you and they stop, look you up and down, and laugh dismissively. "I'll need to see something impressive first."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: May 16, 2016, 01:24:25 am »

Strange. Maybe it's because fame as an adventurer and fame as a bard are different? I was at the point where I got all those drunks as performers, but I think my number of adventurer companions was still at a max of 2. So I assume hearthperson fame looks at adventurer fame, not bard fame.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: May 16, 2016, 03:10:24 am »

That's what I said.

Slim Kermie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: May 16, 2016, 03:21:10 am »

I'm randomly finding myself unable to sleep or fast travel in towns and hamlets. Sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't. Even if I go to the tavern and rent a room, I get the message, "you cannot rest until you leave this site." Does anyone know why?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: May 16, 2016, 04:42:09 am »

I'm randomly finding myself unable to sleep or fast travel in towns and hamlets. Sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't. Even if I go to the tavern and rent a room, I get the message, "you cannot rest until you leave this site." Does anyone know why?
Is your civ at war with whoever owns/is occupying the town?
Seems like it might actually be a new bug. Someone reported to Mantis that mountains and retired fortresses aren't letting you sleep any more (you can build a camp to get around that in the mountains at least). 

Slim Kermie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: May 16, 2016, 04:56:52 am »

Is your civ at war with whoever owns/is occupying the town?
Seems like it might actually be a new bug. Someone reported to Mantis that mountains and retired fortresses aren't letting you sleep any more (you can build a camp to get around that in the mountains at least).

The town is owned by the civilization I originated from. The merchants are all friendly to me, but I did run across a bowman who spat at me when I tried to talk to him. He no longer has arms. (note that this happened after I already couldn't sleep)

This has also happened before during this same adventure. After two days of sleeping in the wilderness, I found myself able to fast travel and sleep inside of towns and hamlets again.

EDIT: I am indeed not at war, as I am both a hearthperson and a devoted member of the site's government.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:21:58 am by Slim Kermie »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: May 16, 2016, 06:57:43 am »

Did you ask them for a permission to stay for a night?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Slim Kermie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: May 16, 2016, 03:13:23 pm »

Did you ask them for a permission to stay for a night?

Yes. When this bug (calling it that for now until I learn otherwise) occurs, I can't bring up the sleep options at all by pressing Z. The travel screen appears normally, but has the "you cannot travel until you leave this site" message at the top.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: May 16, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »

Not being able to sleep in mountains has now been fixed for the next version. Just wait and see if it works in 42.03 I guess.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: May 16, 2016, 04:53:50 pm »

Not being able to sleep in mountains has now been fixed for the next version. Just wait and see if it works in 42.03 I guess.

The hype is real. I'm also eager to have the fix for my constant failures to build due to it not calculating my wood correctly.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: May 16, 2016, 06:06:57 pm »

The hype is real. I'm also eager to have the fix for my constant failures to build due to it not calculating my wood correctly.
Wasn't that fixed in 43.02? It was calculating wood that you'd already used, right? Doesn't do that any more as far as I can tell.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: May 16, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

Wasn't that fixed in 43.02? It was calculating wood that you'd already used, right? Doesn't do that any more as far as I can tell.

Fucking nope. I've still had that issue CONSTANTLY. It says it's set to be fixed in next version.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 327