Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621922 times)

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4275 on: April 30, 2017, 04:07:47 pm »

If I personally kill all the megabeasts but dragons, will the age progress to the Age of Dragons? Or do ages change only in fortress mode?
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: April 30, 2017, 04:41:25 pm »

Has anyone ever made it to the Age of Death ? Or even just the Age of Civilization ?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:44:11 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: May 01, 2017, 06:42:36 am »

So my lord just gave me a quest to eradicate skulking vermin, but I can't ask for directions to their camp or anything else related to the quest. What do? For now I just exited the game hoping I'll get a different quest on relaunch. He said "drive the skulking vermin Tutlayger out of Seekis", and I can't ask about Tutlayger or Seekis in any of the menus at all.

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: May 01, 2017, 06:46:45 am »

Has anyone ever made it to the Age of Death ? Or even just the Age of Civilization ?
In fortress mode, yeah. I'm just not sure if the game still checks the requirements in adv mode...
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: May 01, 2017, 06:55:53 am »

"The short milkfish stands up."     Wait - it what?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: May 01, 2017, 09:36:31 am »

"The short milkfish stands up."     Wait - it what?

Pretty much anything can be forced prone, somehow. A game quirk. Even flying creatures can be forced prone by hitting the legs. In midair. >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: May 01, 2017, 09:48:15 am »

Interesting. Upon investigating the wiki supposedly milkfish "enjoy" luring dwarves into deep bodies of water to drown - and I believe it was on the side of the bank before flopping into the water when I walked by.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: May 01, 2017, 10:52:37 am »

This is the goal of my current adventurer on a pocket world island.

Its laborous trying to track down everything so you can kill it. Have to rely on randomly bumping into lairs. Also the kobold civ is in a cave site with no physical entrance and they don't spawn anywhere in fortress mode. So they'll hold back progress forever.

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: May 01, 2017, 02:32:27 pm »

Its laborous trying to track down everything so you can kill it. Have to rely on randomly bumping into lairs. Also the kobold civ is in a cave site with no physical entrance and they don't spawn anywhere in fortress mode. So they'll hold back progress forever.

Have you had a change of age of any sort happen in adventure mode though? My goal is similar but I'm worried that my efforts are futile.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: May 01, 2017, 03:07:25 pm »

Have you had a change of age of any sort happen in adventure mode though? My goal is similar but I'm worried that my efforts are futile.

No and I killed the crap out of almost everything, too. I think ages only change in Fortress mode. I'd just start one and see what if you get an announcement.

Haven't got there yet, I was going to quit then randomly found a giant in a lair so I'm still going to keep hunting.

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: May 01, 2017, 03:17:20 pm »

No and I killed the crap out of almost everything, too. I think ages only change in Fortress mode. I'd just start one and see what if you get an announcement.

Haven't got there yet, I was going to quit then randomly found a giant in a lair so I'm still going to keep hunting.

Might just have to retire the adventurer and start a fort... Have you killed all megabeasts and titans yet? I think that's the easiest  age-changer -- as in, the least numbers to kill. I'm getting there, but I'm playing on a medium world and I still have a couple left.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: May 01, 2017, 04:39:59 pm »

Every titan and megabeast is dead, the clown that ran the goblin civ is dead (I deeply regret not making a figurine of him with his own bones) but there are still forgotten beasts underground and some semi mega beasts. Should be enough to change ages but I intend to be thorough. I might make a fort to lure the FBs but they're not really hurting anyone down there. No vampires or necromancers I know of since the world is only 54 years old, sure some should crop up if evervything works right.

Half the reason for the crusade was I have a low-end netbook and wanted a mini world with some of everything for fps reasob, but the goblin civ genocided absolutely everyone 9/10 times within a couple hundred years. So I started early in history to see if I could alter fate by killing everything dangerous and culling the number of goblins to reasonable numbers.

By a lucky fluke, around the time I retired my first fort, the main goblin tower was subject to a intense series of brutal military raids by some random human group, which sent almost the entire surviving population of gobbos into refugee groups that I cut down to the last. FPS was still agonizing in the tower though but helped complete my objectives I think if I help the process out the goblin civ might be wiped out after I retire my adventurer. Wondering if retiring my adventurer and his companions in a town would be better then having them hang out in the cool clubhouse I built out in the hinterlands. They might particpate in wars that way?

Next step is making a time warp fort with 7 dwarf monk dudes writing books to see how history progresses.

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: May 01, 2017, 05:03:00 pm »

(I deeply regret not making a figurine of him with his own bones)

This is my favorite thing :P You can't make stuff out of sapients' parts, though.

I see. So it seems like ages don't change in adv mode. Drat.

Your game sure sounds fun. I think the location you retire at doesn't matter, my experiences with unretiring show that the adventurer goes as they please anyway.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: May 01, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »

(I deeply regret not making a figurine of him with his own bones)

This is my favorite thing :P You can't make stuff out of sapients' parts, though.

I see. So it seems like ages don't change in adv mode. Drat.

Your game sure sounds fun. I think the location you retire at doesn't matter, my experiences with unretiring show that the adventurer goes as they please anyway.
It has been fun! I hadn't played DF in years and its the first time I had a long term goal and actually followed through and powerleveled an adventurer.

Yeah I really just wanted one piece of him to keep at the clubhouse, cause I'm bad with names but the skull alone weighed 200+ Urists and my fps was already agonizingly slow and there were still trolls and beakdogs everywhere.

Cool, my idea is to retire at the clubhouse as lord and hope nobody kills him in a coup d'etete so I can use him still down the line.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:54:48 pm by Rusty Shackleford »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: May 02, 2017, 09:23:49 am »

Age changes happen in adventure mode but it happens on the year. Age of Death is hard without screwing around enough that the world generates > remains playable > everything dies anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 327