Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Game over!  (Read 54746 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 1 begins with blood and tears
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2011, 01:52:11 pm »

Janus:  That's the one point in my post you respond to?  Specifically, you didn't answer my question:

Specific question to Janus next:  How is MBP "trying to conform to the norm" here?  It looks like you say he's conforming by... asking questions?  I don't understand.

Also:

Yes, he is, isn't he? I do it because you're being wilfully inconsistent, which is intrinsically scummy. That you are doing it to defend someone who I think is scum is even scummier. Something smells funny...

*sniff*

Yeah. Scum. I thought so.

Oh noes, that's the third time!
Do you really think that either Jim or I would do that? (Attach ourselves openly to the other if both were scum)

This is WIFOM and you know it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2011, 01:55:19 pm »

I did... where did it go?

'conforming to the norm':
When I said he was conforming I wasn't refering to the post which I quoted. I was referring to back at the beginning when he double posted to have the actual vote with his random vote (thus conforming to the norm of RVS). I probably could have made that more clear in the post you linked.

WIFOM:
Yes, it could be interpreted as such. But is the statement wrong?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2011, 02:45:23 pm »

Jim:
So, if JTF was trying to intimidate the new guy, wasn't I doing the same thing? What makes it okay for me to do but not for JTF?
Uhhh...
I should mention that I'm satisfied with his answer, given his utterly mangled previous experience with mafia, and you're entirely full of crap, so I'm going to unvote him, and vote you instead.

Zathras.
So, you accept his innocence because of pretty shitty explanation and make a totally OMGUS vote. Why do I feel that I will be next in your list, Jim?

I see that JTF has fallen pretty quiet lately, which may or may not mean a thing, but my points against him still stand.

Fuck what some shitty mafia wiki says on something. Also what JTF said about it. I didn't even look at the link.

I was pointing out inconsistencies in Zathras' argument by comparing what he accused JTF for with previous actions other players had done that were somehow okay. I was the other player. It's still just as valid as if it were somebody else, and I'd still be here pointing out the inconsistency.

And yes, I believe Jack A T's explanation, and no, it was not an OMGUS vote, and what in the flying fuck do either of those two things have to do with you and why you are voting me?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2011, 03:08:24 pm »

Leafsnail:  What is your read on MBP?  Do you suspect anyone other than Janus and Ottofar?
I don't suspect Janus and I never said I did.  Interesting you're railroading people into taking sides on Janus vs MBP, though.  I mean, it's two mislynches for the price of one, right?  In other words, I'm suspecting a classic day one town v town fight (Player A attacks player B for dumb reasons, justifies it later with their reaction, Player B reacts to dumb reasons saying the person's scum for using dumb reasons...) with the scum laughing and taking sides in the background.

Dear god Ottofar was on today but clearly didn't think it was worth posting since noone else is gonna vote him.  Well, the uphill struggle to get anyone to even notice him certainly makes him seem more scum to me.

1) It's a safe mislynch. After all, it's day 1, it's somewhat normal to lynch town day 1. There not really any stigma about.

2) People can't argue with you that you are useless. Sure, you caused a mislynch, but it's all understandable, and few people would look back.
I don't agree with the conclusion he draws from it, but this is entirely correct.  Scum is actually generally most careless on day one.

By the way, Dariush is also scum and I'll get behind a lynch on him if Ottofar remains invisible.
JTF, you tried to pressure both MBP and Archangel, got an overreactive reaction from the former and got the bandwagon rolling. I don't think many people wouldn't react like that after seeing arguments you used...
Sensing a fight breaking out, Dariush votes Janus early.  Well, Janus is probably too tunneled to notice much anyway.  Easy target.

So, you accept his innocence because of pretty shitty explanation and make a totally OMGUS vote. Why do I feel that I will be next in your list, Jim?

I see that JTF has fallen pretty quiet lately, which may or may not mean a thing, but my points against him still stand.
OMGUS isn't a scumtell, and you're annoyed that he finds someone innocent who... you also seem to find innocent?  Huh?  If the explanation is so shitty, why haven't you criticised it directly?

The thing about JTF just isn't true.  The post before yours was his for chrissake.

...Now this becomes just plain idiocy. I knew I would be asked about why I didn't add a question to my randomvote, so I added a joke one before the aura of paranoia and utter seriousness came on. I certainly didn't expect an accusation based on it...
It occurs to me that in your previous post you said
I randomvoted the one I suspected
That's a contradiction in terms.

Care to elaborate?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2011, 03:13:36 pm »

Leaf, Posting from Phone.
And I said I'd give reasons about MBP's scumness. When I get my hands on a computer. Well. That didn't happen (except for five minutes), so I didn't. I could do it on the phone, but with quotes, it'd take long.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2011, 03:41:05 pm »

Leafsnail:  You're right about you not attacking Janus- I misread my notes on that point.  My fault.

Ottofar, while scummy, is acting entirely within his meta.  He said way back at the beginning of RVS that I can't read him and he's right; I always think he's scum.

I am curious on one thing: why do you think OMGUS isn't scummy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2011, 04:53:36 pm »

Ottofar, while scummy, is acting entirely within his meta.  He said way back at the beginning of RVS that I can't read him and he's right; I always think he's scum.
I can't remember having much interaction with him.  Would you mind a bit of explanation of this meta?  Preferably with at least one example of him acting scum and one of him acting town.

I am curious on one thing: why do you think OMGUS isn't scummy?
It's usually motivated by anger or irritating ("Damn!  Why the hell would he do something like that?!  He must be scum!").  Sure, it's emotional and often irrational, but I don't see any reason why that response should be triggered more as scum.  Heck, you'd probably want to avoid it as scum since it attracts a lot of attention (see: MBP and Janus made the centre of attention).

There are some exceptions.  OMGUS is scummy if it seems to be motivated by desperation - ie the only way you think you can escape an attack is to undermine your attacker (calling them scum in the process).  I'm not seeing that here though.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2011, 05:17:26 pm »

Archangel:  What have you learned in recent games that you feel you can apply to this one?
Nothing, because all my mistakes are ones I've always made. Flaws that I would have at least somewhat fixed in the last Supernatural if I had continued what I did D1.

I am rethinking my pre-game argument. Arch, you said "I'll play this game to the best of my ability, because I can play well and want to prove it." Does that still stand? When will you start?
When I actually have time to do a proper post. Both yesterday and the day before I had to leave right after I posted the little I posted.

Archangel has 2 posts; the last 16 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2]
Org has 2 posts; the last 45 hours ago. Red text: Posts: [1][2]

This is inexcusible. You have 2/3 as many posts PUT TOGETHER as the MODERATOR for crying out loud.
I have an excuse, which I've given far too many times and you a far too active for you not to be aware of it. Org, however, does not. Usually, he's also far more active than me. I find what he's doing suspicious.

Now I'm going to go back to the start and begin a proper look through. Some more should be coming in about 15 minutes, then I'm going to go wash.

Okay, let me start, I guess. Awesomeeee.
Org is a busy guy somedays that aren't weekends. He can pop in a few times, but sometimes his manager is a bitch and makes me work on Friday. Like Today, herpa derp derp.

Nice deflectyion, don't say it wasn't I misspelled deflection but I am too lazy to fix it and whatnot. Anyway, yes, nice slip.

Oh, are you playing the "if you lynch me you'll regret it!" card? Yeah, that's another nail in your coffin.
I hesitated posting that because I knew that's how you (and possibly others would react), but it's exactly my point.  If you lynch me today, the Mafia kills an another of the more active players tonight, and one or more of the remaining ones is scum, they can easily just lurk to victory. Happened before, sure it will happen again. Would rather it not be this game.
There are *always* mislynches built into Mafia. I really do think that even if you're 80% convinced I'm scum, you can always lynch me later.
Bah. I want to be clear: you are definitely scummy enough to hang. However, I will concede that Org is nearly as much, and your continued presence is better for the day game than his, so I'll go on record and say: I'm ready to support a lynch of Org, who is my second scummiest target, if it seems like it's doable by the end of the day. If we decide to go this route, then I request investigative roles, blockers or somesuch to try to get a reading on Janus.

If I could, I'd vote them both.
[/quote]
I must say this. If I can make two posts, and be considerably scummy, IM DOIN IT WRONG.
If , somehow, I can be scum with two posts, that a bunch of bullshit. Anyway, Zathras, trying to get a bandwagon by pointing your finger at me and saying I'm scummy is not generally something town does, and I do believe your reasoning, as I could find, was that I was lurking and you had some stupid preconceived idiocy about me and Janus as scum. I must say, this is generally a bad way to bandwagon. Something town doesn't do. Man, and I thought you played better scum than this Zath. Heh. I wouldn't mind lynching Janus either, seeing as how bad at playing scum he is, generally as bad as him playing town. Bussing a pretty bad tactic. Also, meta. Silent Org is scum Org MY ASS. You guys say I am unreadable, but the fuck. I mean, its pretty laughable. One, usually my scum game involves me actually playing and not lurking. I mean, you are kinda waffling there too. You were like, lol org oh wait Janus.

Herpa derp. Janus is bad at playing scum.
Oh, and this.
So, Zathras, explain my scummitude for me, will you?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2011, 06:49:31 pm »

Say what?

We waited days for this barely coherent mess?

Yes, you can be scum with two posts. How often you post has nothing to do with the the roles, they're chosen before you post at all. In fact, it wouldn't be that hard to imagine you just not posting to avoid getting lynched. Lovely bit of WIFOM there about how you're normally more active as scum.  Of course it doesn't matter, as I cannot remember the last time you did the town any good as town or scum.

So far as saying that I'm bad at playing scum, that seems to imply that you think I'm scum. With Zathras, so far as your vote is concerned (looks like a pretty blatant OMGUS to me). So you think that Zathras is trying to bus me? Or what exactly? You're not making much sense.

About the only part that makes any bit of sense is saying that Archangel was deflecting. Which looks like you deflecting back at him by bringing it up. Whoo deflection loop.

If you really are this busy, stop joining games for a while. You're not actually playing them anyways.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:29 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: Toaster
JanusTwoface: Jack A T, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Zathras
Jim Groovester: Dariush
Mysteriousbluepuppet: JanusTwoface, Mr.Person, NativeForeigner, Ottofar
Ottofar: Leafsnail
Zathras: Jim Groovester, Org

The scribe calls out the final tally, and Mysteriousbluepuppet is called forth. A pair of guards grab his arms and lead him up to executioner's platform.

Shaking, in fear or rage, he turns to all of you. "Curse you all! You'll regret this, all of you!"

The executioner grabs him and hauls him up. As the rope is tied around his next he glares down at you.

With a quick kick the log he's standing on flies out from under him and you a quick snap as his neck breaks.

The High Priest walks up and places a hand on his chest.

"I can see his spirit quite clearly. He was an honest man, good and true. And a Dreamwalker, able to view the actions of others while he slept. I fear we have only weakened ourselves this day."

Night begins to fall and the crowd quickly disperses. No one wants to be caught out at night. Not at a time like this.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Night 1
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2011, 04:51:01 pm »

The day dawns bright and cold, the sun shining dispassionately down on your little home.

Slowly, you all begin to gather in your town’s square.

It appears that you all made it through the night - which means another long day of arguing is ahead of you.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 3 - Day 2 dawns peacefully
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »

As lovely as it is that everyone survived, I *really* don't like these mornings... :-\

For now, Org.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2011, 05:00:13 pm »

Well this is strange. Org, JTF, do you think that lack of a NK was intentional?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2011, 05:03:27 pm »

Three possibilities:
- The nightkill was blocked / the target was protected.
- The scum team relies on conversions.
- The entire scumteam lurked enough to not send in an action.

I'd say probably 75% / 20% / 5%.

Hope it's not conversions. Those always seem more troublesome to deal with.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2011, 05:10:37 pm »

Good morning, Dariush.  Care to expand on what the hell you were doing yesterday?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24