Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 142

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 614018 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2011, 05:41:38 pm »

The list seems to lack Simutrans, which trumps Transport Tycoon if you ask me. I might add it myself later.

It's basically OpenTTD, which itself is Transport Tycoon. They are improvements. Feel free to add it, but it's practically there already.

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2011, 10:15:42 am »

Added POWDER, a Nethack-inspired graphical roguelike.

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2011, 02:20:09 am »

Added Xonotic

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2011, 04:30:08 am »

Been adding bits and pieces here and there as I find them. Age of Conan is the latest - that one snuck up on me in it's transition from subscription-only to freemium

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2011, 07:29:23 am »

The list seems to lack Simutrans, which trumps Transport Tycoon if you ask me. I might add it myself later.

It's basically OpenTTD, which itself is Transport Tycoon. They are improvements. Feel free to add it, but it's practically there already.

You kidding? It's similar, but not OpenTTD. Simutrans has, based on my experiences, a much more sophisticated cargo handling system and a much more difficult business model.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:16 am »

Just need to follow this thread. :)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2011, 01:53:20 pm »

You kidding? It's similar, but not OpenTTD. Simutrans has, based on my experiences, a much more sophisticated cargo handling system and a much more difficult business model.

And runs like shit (FPS down to 5.) Also it lacks the polish of OpenTTD.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2011, 01:15:01 am »

And runs like shit (FPS down to 5.) Also it lacks the polish of OpenTTD.

Runs much better than that on my machine. It does lack polish though. The last time I played it some of the vehicle names were still in German. However, it has much more sophisticated cargo handling system, as I said. Unlike Transport Tycoon (and OpenTTD, by the last time I tried), Simutrans is actually challenging. You could become a millionaire in TT by having a single bus tour around a single town. In Simutrans you'll need a big network, because your customers actually want to be taken somewhere specific, not just anywhere. Different traffic options support each other much better than in OpenTTD. Overall, Simutrans has got the concept of building a transport network much better than TT.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2011, 12:32:27 pm »

You could become a millionaire in TT by having a single bus tour around a single town.

In 50 years, and without any competition whatsoever. Not to mention boring yourself to death. :P

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2011, 10:12:55 am »

Added Kerbal Space Program.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2011, 09:06:26 pm »

Someone posted it on another thread: http://people.umass.edu/jvight/3059/
If anyone wants to put it on the list.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »

Added MegaMek.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45:13 am »

Added http://www.raceintospace.org/ a freeware port of 1993 Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, done by the orginal developers.  http://peyre.byethost8.com/BARIS/index.htm has the manual and strategy tips/discussion.

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2011, 04:14:44 pm »

Added 0ad which has a massive amount of potential and I would encourage others to go check it out

http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2011, 11:51:14 pm »

Added http://www.raceintospace.org/ a freeware port of 1993 Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, done by the orginal developers.  http://peyre.byethost8.com/BARIS/index.htm has the manual and strategy tips/discussion.

This wasnt on it before? HERESY.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 142