Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 142

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 614058 times)

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2011, 01:48:12 am »

I mean, will I be able to download it on another PC after the 14th?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2011, 09:26:48 am »

This i can't say for sure, not being a customer on thier website i don't know their policy.
But on Bluesnews related article i noticed :
I grabbed it. You don't have to download it right now, you can just add it to your account. Very quick. Then can grab it later once the traffic subsides.

But can't confirm then it works like this.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2011, 04:13:10 am »

This i can't say for sure, not being a customer on thier website i don't know their policy.
But on Bluesnews related article i noticed :
I grabbed it. You don't have to download it right now, you can just add it to your account. Very quick. Then can grab it later once the traffic subsides.

But can't confirm then it works like this.
Well it's the fourteenth today, I'm going to assume that you have it free forever because it's still up for download :)

zekiel321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 14, 2011, 10:10:51 am »

I don't know if this has been stateed or not in the previous pages, but steam has a lot of high quality free games. Team Fortress anyone? :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2011, 06:13:43 pm »

I looked around and apparently these are the mentionned free games (but only if you're having steam, unfortunately can't work without it) :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2011, 06:25:39 pm »

I looked around and apparently these are the mentionned free games (but only if you're having steam,which is also free, unfortunately can't work without it) :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »

Oh hey this is still getting used I take it. Got distracted, lost the link and forgot about it for a while. I'll go read through some of the previous pages tomorrow while not even pretending that I'm working at work, since everyone will be on vacation. See if anything has come up.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 27, 2011, 01:28:56 pm »

Apologies for double post, wanted to make sure this was known to those interested though: I went ahead and temporarily set it editable to all with the link. I have a backup copy created, and will make an effort to watch for spam/troll edits. If they crop up again, it gets locked down again. Anyone who has a google account can, of course, PM me for edit access even when it's locked down.
Free Game List

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2012, 11:22:15 am »

I updated the list with some of the previously mentioned games, and also made edits to remove most of the 'Awesome' types, since they are, indeed, quite useless. I left Dwarf Fortress as awesome though, since it's reasonable to assume that anyone who is here already knows what it is.

Bunny Must Die!!!/Chelsea and the seven devils
http://indygamer.blogspot.com/2006/11/bunny-must-die.html
Action|Platformer|Castleveinia
Single player
Windows
Epic game, pretty hard too. Humour is off the charts awesome, in the same way as Elona.
That game's download links are dead, so it was not added.

I'm not planning to add the other lists that were mentioned to the OP; I'm actually planning to remove the one I already put up and simply mentioning that there are several other lists linked to in this thread, so that the Bay12 list is allowed to be the main focus (I'm assuming, after all, that people in this forum area are more interested in what other Bay12ers think than random people elsewhere).

I might go through and add some of the free Steam games, possibly in their own category or even their own tab, just to make it clear that they require Steam. It does need to be clear that you have to have steam to play them though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:42:21 pm by creodor »
Free Game List

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2012, 12:20:24 am »

PlaneShift
http://www.planeshift.it/index.php

An MMORPG that is supported by donations from the community. The game is COMPLETELY free and open source. The last time I played this game was years ago in early alpha, so there wasn't much to do except walk around a little town and try to cause glitches. Of course, today there is substantially more adventure to be had. The game itself is lightweight enough to play on a netbook, and it has fantastic cross-platform support.

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2012, 11:57:12 am »

PlaneShift
http://www.planeshift.it/index.php

An MMORPG that is supported by donations from the community. The game is COMPLETELY free and open source. The last time I played this game was years ago in early alpha, so there wasn't much to do except walk around a little town and try to cause glitches. Of course, today there is substantially more adventure to be had. The game itself is lightweight enough to play on a netbook, and it has fantastic cross-platform support.

Added it in. Surprised it wasn't already listed, honestly.
Free Game List

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2012, 10:37:04 am »

Ok i hereby refuse to download anymore games from this list for at least a month,

i already have 20 of them so far...

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2012, 11:26:45 am »

Treasure Adventure Game, a sidescrolling pirate-themed Metrodvania / Zelda / Monster-Boy sort of thing where you sail from island to island exploring dungeons and retrieving lost treasures.  It's huge!
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Malumium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2012, 07:09:05 am »

Nice :) I'll use this list.

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2012, 03:01:54 pm »

Great list! :)

http://fleet.sylfex.com/account.php  <--fleet
a mmo~browser space game  in open-beta stage 
free, with option to pay for some not really needed stuff "building pop up trade screen,some other crap"
good game only  needs more players.. 

i a playing from when there was only one sector and no combat, but now its a full univers with lost of stuff to do, no bug.
need help ingame then you can always bug some one in chat
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 142