Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 142

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 614121 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1560 on: December 16, 2021, 04:55:26 pm »

Toss a coin to your witcher, oh valley of plenty....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw3Jfw0AO7E

Reminder that the offer is still valid since a couple of years : Witcher 1 is free to claim on gog if you go there :
https://www.gog.com/gwent-welcome-bonus

You can uninstall gog's galaxy/gwent after that without problem as Witcher 1 will be moved in your library anyways (so you can get the offline installers as usual)
While there are some annoying design decision (the horrible "rythm click" combat system in comparison to the other Witcher games, or the hilariously bad writing of some npc) , the game is still good enough with lot to explore around.
Oh and it's one of the best "drunk character" simulator :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 05:11:49 pm by Robsoie »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 16, 2021, 09:39:15 pm »

Care to specify? Don't remember coming across exactly "hilariously bad npc writing", so I'm kinda curious now.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 17, 2021, 06:03:24 am »

When i meet women npc on the street in the 2nd chapter and for some reason they need a bread for whatever food they're cooking, and i happen to have one, "let's fuck" is the reward, yeah no joke such fantastic writing for some of the NPC.

Problem i have with Witcher 1 is that i played it after Witcher 2 in which the characters and dialogues are really well made and more developped, that made the shortcomings of the sloppy writing in Witcher 1 popping up a lot more.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 08:06:55 am by Robsoie »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 17, 2021, 07:14:12 am »

Yes she should at least have asked for sausage or a bit of pork, now that would have been some inspired writing
Love, scriver~

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1564 on: December 17, 2021, 10:40:08 am »

They were asking for "bread", aka cash, and the whole cooking bit is keeping it all in code. Goes with the profession. :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 17, 2021, 02:10:55 pm »

Press any button is currently free on Steam.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 17, 2021, 04:25:35 pm »

Toss a coin to your witcher, oh valley of plenty....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw3Jfw0AO7E

Reminder that the offer is still valid since a couple of years : Witcher 1 is free to claim on gog if you go there :
https://www.gog.com/gwent-welcome-bonus

You can uninstall gog's galaxy/gwent after that without problem as Witcher 1 will be moved in your library anyways (so you can get the offline installers as usual)
While there are some annoying design decision (the horrible "rythm click" combat system in comparison to the other Witcher games, or the hilariously bad writing of some npc) , the game is still good enough with lot to explore around.
Oh and it's one of the best "drunk character" simulator :D

Yep. Tried and this still works. Had to start the installation process for Gwent before it registered in my library, but I aborted it and everything worked fine.
Then uninstalled Galaxy.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 17, 2021, 06:11:26 pm »

Epic has switched to its "Christmas mode", i.e. a new freebie offered daily instead of just once per week.

For today there is Neon Abyss, "a frantic, roguelike action-platformer". Let's see what the upcoming days will be about.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 18, 2021, 12:01:03 pm »

Today's epic store is Remnant: From the Ashes , that is apparently a dark soul-like with ranged weaponry with lot of randomisation.
If interested don't wait too much to claim it will be replaced tomorrow by another game.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 12:05:52 pm by Robsoie »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 19, 2021, 01:06:12 am »

Remnant is rubbish, for what it's worth. As a soulslike sluggish shooter thing, it works, but it's got just a wretched number of rough edges and the plot's a mess.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 19, 2021, 11:08:37 am »

So far in early game it's nice.

Anyways, the free game on the epic store has changed and today it's "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter"
Looks like a game in the same genre as Myst but more real time walking around (visually it looks rather amazing) and with less puzzles , just clues to find.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 11:11:16 am by Robsoie »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 19, 2021, 11:11:14 am »

Am I misremembering that it's literally just walking around, listening to a narrator?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 19, 2021, 11:16:42 am »

From what i watched in a "gameplay" video it looks like it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 19, 2021, 03:30:30 pm »

There's one totally out-of-place stealth/jumpscare sort of sequence. You'll know when you get there, though. Other than that, it's pretty and you walk around and see it be pretty. I enjoyed it, but I've never been even remotely tempted to replay it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 03:32:03 pm by E. Albright »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 20, 2021, 11:28:24 am »

Today's Epic free game is Loop Hero.
I might actually try that one today.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 142