Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 191095 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 121 (Losses on both sides)
« Reply #3030 on: August 23, 2011, 04:12:59 am »

Wait.

I seem to have missed something vital here.

Malakai wasn't Talarion's Character.

Seriously, why do I keep mixing them up all the time?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 122 (Two sides of the coin)
« Reply #3031 on: August 27, 2011, 03:24:25 am »

So I finally put aside bullshit going on IRL and decided to write a turn. (If you're curious, it's health related and will involve surgery, most likely sometime next month. That's really all there is to say on the matter.)

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 99-10 (8)
2x Cross -> Earth Malakai (?)
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 24-10 (6)
Hit somebody with doublecast holy fire. Whoever has the least health left. Unless it's the light- or fire-Malakai. Fuck those. While using my protection skill. I mean. Shit. That came out wrong.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 90-10 (4)
Throw my boomerang in such a way as to knock all the books out of their hands.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 43-10 (2)
KARMA COIN!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 80-10 (8)
Karma Coin x2 Combo; Without waiting for it to hit the ground, she cocked her pistol, loaded with a kraken's bullet, and focused cold into her cutlass. If these things were so concerned about the physical one being harmed, that's who she was going for.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 30-10 (8)
Stare at the spot the doctor once was... "............I had grown to like him too..." Twirl whip into the air, fling it at the red gatekeeper and pull him towards me ''Get over here and just die you monster of the darkness!" Kick him to the ground, rip the spellbook away, and proceeed to kick it and whip it to death.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 97-10 (8)
Triple Lightning Supercharged on Physical Malakai

Quote from: Malakai, Physical / SeriousConcentrate: 31
Magic -> Greenmoore
Quote from: Malakai, Fire / SeriousConcentrate: 31
Magic -> Zathyran
Quote from: Malakai, Light / SeriousConcentrate: 31
Magic -> Wymar
Quote from: Malakai, Lightning / SeriousConcentrate: 31
Magic -> Zathyran
Quote from: Malakai, Wind / SeriousConcentrate: 31+25
Magic -> Wymar
Quote from: Malakai, Earth / SeriousConcentrate: 31-100
Magic -> Zathyran

Malleus reached for his cross! (2 MP. 7+2 vs 3; Minor Success, autosoak. 7+2 vs 4; Major Success, 2d6; 8 damage) The earthen Gatekeeper grabbed the cross and tried to push it back against Malleus. For a moment it looked like he would manage it, but then the cross broke through his defensive powers and he was force to release it with a step back, the palm of his hand burnt and smoking. Zathyran, meanwhile, clenched his fists together; this was the last bit of mana he possessed, and he was going to make it count! (-6 MP. 8+2 vs 7; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d8x2+1d8x2; 26+16=42 damage. 2+2 vs 4 (7+2 vs 2); 6+2 Massive Success, 2d8x2+1d8x2; 20+12=32 damage. 2+2 vs 2; 7+2 Critical Success, 2d8x2+25% + 1dx2+25%; 40+20=60 damage. Total: 132, kill. Zathyran loses 1 HP) With overwhelming power, he struck down the gray Gatekeeper.

But before he could celebrate victory, he noticed that the only change was one less Gatekeeper, and the disappearance of Avira. The remaining five Gatekeepers were still in the fight. Pierre was well aware of that fact and already moving to continue the battle, flinging his boomerang! (F: 7 vs 1. Li: 8 vs 4-2. Lg: 7 vs 5+1. W: 1 vs 3. E: 5 vs 7. Fire, light, and Lightning take 1d4+1d4 damage, total of 6 damage) The boomerang sliced into the right hand of the red, white, and yellow Gatekeepers, harming them but not inflicting significant damage. The green Gatekeeper ducked the boomerang and the brown one deflected it with his staff.

Claire removed the coin Jonas had given her in the caverns and flipped it into the air. As it came down, she fired her pistol at and rushed (random target: 1, Fire Malakai) the red Gatekeeper! (-3 MP. 7 vs 6; 8-1 Major Success, 2d6; 9 damage. 4, defense lowered by 2 for 2 rounds. 3 vs 4-2; 8-1+3 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50%; 18+50% elemental weakness = 27 total damage. 2, no elemental infliction. Karma coin is... 2, major amount of healing to all players. Each player regens 15 HP and 5 MP!) Caught off-guard by the pistol, Malakai was shot and slashed severely as the coin landed. It bounced and hung in the air, revealing a set of white scales in perfect balance. A soft light emanated from the bowls, filling the party with renewed vigor!

The wind Gatekeeper continued to focus on Wymar. (1+2 vs 5. 2+2 vs 4 (1+2 vs 1); 6+1 Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage) A powerful blast of wind rolled the gypsy back and slammed him painfully into the ground, but he was by no means out of this fight. Friar Greenmoore pulled out his own karma coin and launched it skyward! (5, minor damage to all enemy units. All suffer 1d6 damage; 4 to each.) The coin hung in the air before it ever landed, showing a pair of unbalanced black scales. Spears of darkness shot from the bowls, embedding themselves in each Gatekeeper and draining their energy to balance the scales before the coin vanished.

Although injured, the remaining Gatekeepers moved to attack, with the fire and lightning Malakais going for Zathyran as the light Gatekeeper joined the assault on Wymar. (F: 5 vs 5 (6 vs 8). 7 vs 7 (1 vs 8). Lg: 7 vs 3; Massive Success, 2d4x2; 12-2=10 damage. 7 vs 5; Minor Success, 1d4 damage; 4-2=2 damage. 12 total. Li: 3+2 vs 5 (2+2 vs 7). 7+2 vs 1; 6+1 Major Success, 2d4; 6 damage) A beam of light struck Wymar as he stopped rolling from the wind spell, burning him badly... but the fortune teller just could not die! Evar, from the looks of things. >.> Meanwhile, Zathyran evaded a large gout of flame, only to be caught by the yellow Gatekeeper's lightning bolt, striking him squarely in the chest!

Frenz had had enough of the fire Gatekeeper. (5+2 vs 5; 8+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+100%; 44 damage and kill) His whip caught the elemental around the neck and he dragged him over, where he proceeded to work him over with ground melees that added five seconds to the clock and looked to give the team a SS ranking for the run despite losing a party member. Finally - FINALLY - Wymar recovered from the beating he had just taken and pulled himself to his feet yet again, making him nearly as tough as Rocky Balboa. (-4 MP, targeting Wind. 6+2 vs 6; 7+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50%; 36 damage. 7+2 vs 1; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d6x2+25%; 20 damage. 56 total) Lifting his hands as if raising a great weight, Wymar formed a column of holy fire below the green-cloaked Gatekeeper and enveloped him in unnaturally hot white flames! The elemental was still too powerful for the attack to finish him off, but he was certainly in bad shape afterward...

(1 vs 3. 1 vs 5.) The earth Malakai elected to troll Claire instead of actually attack anyone. It wasn't even good, creative trolling. He was just like 'lol you slept with Pierre.'

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Riccto is next on the waitlist, add him during or after boss fight? Leaving it up to the party. :3 Also, eights. Zathyran got both his five and six in a row this turn as well as his twentieth, so he gets three.

EDIT: To turn off smilies. Whoever decided that 8) should be a smiley is going to get hurt, it makes things look stupid.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:33:10 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 121 (Losses on both sides)
« Reply #3032 on: August 27, 2011, 03:32:14 am »

Damnit Malakai, just kill them already! :P

In all seriousness though, Hope you do get better.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 121 (Two sides of the coin)
« Reply #3033 on: August 27, 2011, 03:44:38 am »

Thanks, Taric. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 122 (Two sides of the coin)
« Reply #3034 on: August 27, 2011, 04:09:29 am »

Increase Mana by 5, Increase Health by 5, will keep the last one free for ideas (I dont have any, dont want to increase mana/hp more yet)

SUPERCHARGE Lightning Electric Malakai as much as I can.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: August 27, 2011, 04:11:25 am »

Erk. Good luck with that. :-\

Also I has all the mana. Allll of it. :3

Ice pistol on least weakened Gatekeeper, ice cutlass on most weakened Gatekeeper! Also respond to earth troll with "Yep, pretty awesome."

Leaning towards letting the new guy in after boss fight, but either way works.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: August 27, 2011, 04:25:59 am »

How did I just manage to both survive and get damaged at the same time. By now those seem almost mutually exclusive.

Shit, lets be weird. All aboard the pain train!

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: August 27, 2011, 06:32:19 am »

Stab Earth gatekeeper while nodding. "Yep, pretty awesome, indeed."
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: August 27, 2011, 06:35:39 am »

Hmm, about my skill, I want something that really hurts.

Mostly so that Taric will wish that I'd never had died. Heheheh.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: August 27, 2011, 06:36:30 am »

WHY WONT U DIE? strangle him with the cross
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: August 27, 2011, 06:38:28 am »

How would that work? oO

Hey, can I add a DoT effect to my casts?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: August 27, 2011, 06:41:06 am »

Wait huh what

Fire Greenmoore knew the coins had bought them a little time...

Fire shields on me, Zathyran and Wymar!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:47:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: August 27, 2011, 10:33:27 am »

@Darvi: Given that this is Castlevania, those crosses are fairly large; at least as long as the hilt of a zweihander and maybe a bit longer. If you were to hold it by each end, you could probably strangle someone with the area between. Anyway, about the skill. You know me, I like to ask people to explain what they want in detail.

@Dwarmin: Huh?

@Talarion: You already used up your supercharge. :P If I was you I'd rip off Darvi's criticals skill for your third. I'd recommend that to Grimmjow6th too since he has the possibility to hit criticals a lot with that whip of his. >.> It's only +10% at Lv1 but at Lv2 you get +25% on 8 and up.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: August 27, 2011, 11:03:08 am »

Something along the lines of "a point damage per degree of success on the hit roll for 3 turns". I dunno.

But I definitely wanna get rid of the penalty on high-power casting first.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: August 27, 2011, 09:47:49 pm »

Look over to Wymar and think........ "Wymar, light my whip with your holy fire!" once he does that, strangle the lighting one!
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 288