Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 191077 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 131 (Shopping; The Towers of Magic and Science)
« Reply #3315 on: October 19, 2011, 04:50:17 am »

Hmm... yeah, I thought it was kinda weird that Darvi hadn't posted anything. He's quite active usually. :-\ Well, if need be, I'll kill Wymar off. Not because I dislike Darvi or something stupid like that, but because he's expressed interest in getting Wymar in as a boss before the game ends (he even PMed me a few ideas for the boss he wanted him to be :3). That way that can happen and Taric can get in. ^^^ I might even let Darvi control boss Wymar. >.> *anticipates Darvi sitting out for a month to ensure that happens*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: October 19, 2011, 04:55:12 am »

Ah, if I could get an artifact that would heal me for damage mitigation to my allies as well as directly healing them, then I would take it.

Otherwise, I'll just take the gold and buy some meat. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:10 am »

Dwarmin: are you cool with the effect I suggested
a percentage chance to get back a certain amount of HP restored would be fair, or what? Like, say, a 25% chance to get 50% of the HP you heal back?

:3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: October 19, 2011, 05:02:09 am »

Whatver. Too tired to dicker.  ???

If it's cool, I'll accept it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: October 19, 2011, 05:03:37 am »

Well, you have all day to think about it so there's no real rush, I just wanted to make sure you saw it. ^^^ I gotta be up in three hours myself...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: October 19, 2011, 08:15:31 am »

Damn you, Darvi. Damn you.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: October 21, 2011, 11:24:53 am »

:3

(random posting FTW)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:03 am »

lol. ^^^ Thanks, Ahra. I needed that. To explain myself, I dunno, I just haven't been feeling overly great lately. A lot of stress finally caught up to me, y'know? I had a lot hanging over my head, and while I've got the actual problems mostly sorted out now I'm still a little blah. It's just stupid things, like next semester at college I'm going to have to take a public speaking class and I really don't want to do that; it may not seem like it to you guys but I'm actually quite shy. (I've had a year to warm up to the lot of you. :3) Basically the only thing holding this up right now is me being emo, but I'll try to have a turn out later today. Sorry for making you guys wait. (>_\\\)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: October 21, 2011, 12:24:07 pm »

meh im shy as hell as soon i am to stand in front of more than what? 15-20 people.
take your time :3
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 132 (Entering the Towers)
« Reply #3324 on: October 21, 2011, 02:58:09 pm »

OK, I'm going to get this started then. One last thing to vote on during the next turn: Boss-ify Wymar, Y/N? If no, is anyone willing to control him until Darvi's back?

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
-Conversation with Rinaldo-
Quote from: Wymar Sane / {Darvi} SerCon
Knowing Darvi, I'd say: Derp around in such a manner as to screw over Pierre. :3
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Watch other people go about their business. In the meantime, tell the shopkeeper tales of my glory and hit on Claire. Preferably at the same time.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Volunteer to fight through the tower of science; healing artifact get!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Hit on random occupant of room.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / {Grimmjow6th} SerCon
Volunteer for Tower of Science.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Volunteer to banish the Tower of Magic's Guardian!
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
"I Vill go with the Holy Man into the...uh..Science."

Malleus and Rinaldo spoke for a moment, the knight confirming that his holy powers would be enough to banish the beast. After they were done talking, Claire asked what they could expect to find in the Tower of Magic, and the shopkeeper turned to her. "Beasts of magic, of course. Witches, demons, ghosts. Things not easily explained or understood for those lacking the arcane arts. As for the Tower of Science, you'll find mechanical monstrosities, strange beasts put together from random parts of other creatures, strange weapons, and reanimated corpses." He looked out the window. A swarm of bats flew by it, causing the shutters to bang closed loudly and crack the window slightly.

"The count's lieutenants," he said. "They patrol the castle grounds at night. Anyone not inside the castle itself or in here will be dragged away. They got a pair of men recently, both foreigners, who had tried to avoid the Gatekeeper by climbing the mountain at the rear of the castle instead of coming in through the front." He sighed. "It's too long a climb for that. They never had a chance to make it before moonrise." He turned back to Malleus and, at the knight's request, pointed out the rooms again. There were ten in a basement below the storefront, to provide a little extra security for the occupants. Pierre decided now was the time to tell Rinaldo all about his adventures and settled in to do so. (Charisma roll: 7+1 o.O. Wymar interference: 3.) Rinaldo was understandably impressed! "I have something that might interest you," he said, reaching under his counter and withdrawing a thin, amber-colored length of cloth. "Legend says that the last Belmont wore this around his head when he fought the Count. It's said to bring good fortune." He handed it to Pierre. (Pierre gets a new hat: Belmont Headband! Pierre's Greased Lightning ability has a +25% chance to succeed while wearing this headband.)

Pierre tucked it away and hit on Claire (1+1Fabulous+1Hat) but she was having none of it at the moment! Instead she was interested in (5) Zathyran. (2) But she, too, had no luck. In fact, while trying to look smooth, she accidentally slipped and fell through the door leading downstairs, ending up in a crumpled, bruised heap at the bottom. She figured the best thing to do was just follow Frenz, Biernat, Malleus, and Greenmoore's example and just go to bed, sleep it off. Everyone retired shortly thereafter and in the morning picked up their gear from Rinaldo. (Malleus gets: Heavy Cold Silver Warhammer! Malleus gets: Reinforced Paladin Armor! ...and a ridiculous defense score of +8 >.>... Claire gets: Moroaica Cutlass! Frenz gets: Reinforced Plate Armor! Greenmoore gets: Guardian Angel Pendant!) Once their gear was collected, Rinaldo led them outside.

"This is it then. Good luck to you," he said, before returning to his hut. He was too old to be involved in this fight any longer, but maybe it was enough he could provide assistance to those who still had the strength to do so. The eight looked at each other, and after a brief conversation eventually settled themselves into two teams of four. Zathyran, Malleus, Pierre, and Claire headed for the Tower of Magic while Greenmoore, Biernat, Wymar, and Frenz entered the Tower of Science.

Magic Team
After Claire - the last in line - entered, the door closed itself with a loud bang that reverberated around the room. As a starting point for a tower supposedly full of dark magic, it was rather innocuous; there was an open closet with a few broomsticks in it, a staircase leading down, and two doors, one leading forward and the other to their right. A shelf was constructed in the far corner, but it was clearly bare. Other than that and a cold feeling about the room, there was nothing...

Science Team
Wymar impulsively pushed the door open first. Unlike the other tower, one could immediately tell what this place was going to be all about. A grandfather clock stood next to the door, ticking away loudly, while another had been abandoned mid-repair on a workbench. Tools were scattered along it. Also on the workbench was a gun that, to Greenmoore's experienced eyes, looked suspiciously like the one that Jonas had been carrying when he had briefly traveled with them... but this one was broken apart into several pieces, and he had no idea how to go about putting it back together. In a corner of the room was a small pipe, leading from the ceiling into the floor. It sounded like a liquid of some sort was traveling through it. As for exits, it was the mirror image of the other; a staircase leading down, a door to their left, and one straight ahead...

Final change: We're late enough in the adventure everyone should be stronger, so now everyone deals d6 damage on a Minor Success with their weapons/subweapons (Weapons and subweapons that are more powerful due to the item itself or class skills, like Zathyran's book or Frenz's greatsword, now do d8) unless the enemy is strong against that particular weapon, in which case they would go back to dealing d4 on a hit. An enemy being weak to a weapon still inflicts +50% damage, and standard enemies will still inflict d4s since the PCs have considerably less health.

Finally, HP/MP status will return next turn.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 132 (Entering the Towers)
« Reply #3325 on: October 21, 2011, 03:04:50 pm »

"Soo... i open mibble door first or waddaya say people? "eh wait i mean middle"

skill up eh? what about an broken damage reduction of 25% on an roll of 6? called Bulwark of faith?
just remembered it :3
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:09:52 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: October 21, 2011, 03:06:40 pm »

Turn him into a boss!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: October 21, 2011, 05:05:43 pm »

"Go ahead, Malleus..." Let him open the door. Take cover behind him and prepare to attack any hostiles.

As I see it, I can just hide behind Ahra and let Irony/Krath clean everything out. Feel like being my tank, Ahra? :3

As for Darvi.. Bossify him. I want to see someone get one-shot critical'd.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: October 21, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »

i was made to tank.  :P
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: October 21, 2011, 05:36:39 pm »

I think Malleus's defense is comparable to an actual tank at this point. >.>
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 288