Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 191134 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 50 [In which Nazara has a very good arm]
« Reply #780 on: April 09, 2011, 09:46:37 pm »

Whew, a breather. Thank goodness.

Search the room for anything useful. Hopefully medical supplies.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 09, 2011, 10:42:45 pm »

I choose... Rune Mage

Before I post an action, how do we regain energy?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 09, 2011, 11:33:33 pm »

Using items, it's right there on the OP

Also, said basement sounds suspiciously like a Forbidden/stronger-then-player trap, you know, these "Incidents" where the players open a secret door, go in, and get attacked by Monsters far way stronger then said players

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 09, 2011, 11:46:50 pm »

As Ze Spy said, but also between Missions you get a full HP/MP restore. ^^ Anyway, nah, there might be a boss down there but once you kill it then your team's cleared Mission 2. @Draignean, I should've said beforehand that creating a rune takes MP. It just gives you the opportunity to attack twice a turn. Still want it?

So... no comments?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:48:37 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 10, 2011, 12:10:27 am »

As Ze Spy said, but also between Missions you get a full HP/MP restore. ^^ Anyway, nah, there might be a boss down there but once you kill it then your team's cleared Mission 2. @Draignean, I should've said beforehand that creating a rune takes MP. It just gives you the opportunity to attack twice a turn. Still want it?

Yes.

Would it help with understanding the runes that Nazara is carrying around?

Can I make different specific glyphs, or is it just a stored bolt of freebie energy that I shape as I use it? (One that creates an ice barrier, another for a cloud of frost, another for a suit of hyperborean armor?)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 10, 2011, 12:13:37 am »

It's pretty good. I've noticed combat tends to be pretty hit-or-miss, as in, either you miss or you clobber something in one hit. Which might be a good or bad thing, depending, and it's not overly severe.

Combats also aren't all that challenging, from what I've seen, but I tend to favor a more casualty-heavy system than many others. I also happen to be on the waiting list, so, you know.

The graveyard thing was pretty boring, since the first few turns consisted of "Go north one. What happens?" and then the answer is "You go north and the noise goes south. Have a map." Contact with the groundskeeper made it more interesting, but it still had a lot of "We all move north one, what happens?"

I'm somewhat conflicted about the puzzle element you were trying to add with it. It seems to be more of a "right answer" type of puzzle, where you have to do X, then Y, then Z, as opposed to more of a "here's a situation you can't stab, figure something out" type deal. I tend to prefer the latter, but I can appreciate the former.

Trouble is, it wasn't especially clear that it was a puzzle, and what kind of puzzle it was; I think you mentioned something about it, and you certainly said the groundskeeper was invincible and they needed to figure out a way to escape, but that's not exactly a graceful solution. There also should have been better clues about what they should have been doing next, since currently the answer is "wander around until we stumble upon a key, head for a gate, get meta-informed by the GM that we need to go to the shed instead, go to shed." I think there either should have been more room for improvisation, or more thought into what clues should have led players to the right answer, how they'd know they were wrong if they didn't get it right the first time, and so on.

I also think the other party's journey through the mansion could have been a bit more graceful. There's nothing innately wrong with it, but it kind of feels like just letting them explore the mansion in one turn, or giving everyone their own room or two to explore, might have been quicker with basically the same result. I didn't particularly get any kind of suspenseful "what's behind the next door" vibe, so I'm not sure having an enemy or two justifies the dungeon crawl style. I suppose it makes good filler to keep one party from finishing before the other, but that would seem to indicate a different sort of problem.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 10, 2011, 04:15:11 am »

Search aswell.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 10, 2011, 04:28:30 am »

Poke my pole inside every nook and cranny.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 10, 2011, 04:44:35 am »

@Darvi: You would, wouldn't you? :p

@IronyOwl: Yeah, your thoughts on that are pretty much close to my own. I was worried that by trying to keep the combat from getting boring from overuse I was instead introducing something else that would get old quick. :-\ I do want there to be some elements of exploration but maybe either the graveyard or the mansion would have been better served by having all eight party members together so they could split off into four groups of two and cover much more ground that way, I dunno. The way it turned out does feel a little like filler, unfortunately. But I had a similar thought, which is why I let Draignean open five doors on one turn.

As for combat, you're probably right. It was better in my head than how it turned out; I was wanting to go with the old P&P standard of keeping damage and hit rolls separate, but maybe I would've done better by lowering the HP amounts of PCs and enemies alike and just having it be a straight roll vs roll with attack roll - defense roll = damage formula. I'm somewhat tempted to change it but we've gotten through 50 turns so far and this one's pretty well-entrenched, plus other than the aforementioned type I really have no idea what I would change it to.

Still, thanks for letting me know your opinions. I appreciate it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 10, 2011, 04:51:47 am »

I would've put it in the out of context thread, but selfquoting is frowned upon.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 10, 2011, 07:41:52 am »

go east,open any door i stumble upon.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 10, 2011, 08:20:06 pm »

Well, sorry if I was seeming rude there last time SeriousConcentrate. I had a bad turn on Fiefdoms that day...  :(

Ransack the old shack (lol?)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 10, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »

I can understand being frustrated. Stuff happens. *shrug* So, uh, waiting on Ze Spy, I s'pose.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 10, 2011, 10:03:22 pm »

I can understand being frustrated. Stuff happens. *shrug* So, uh, waiting on Ze Spy, I s'pose.

And myself sorta since I didn't make a real action.

"The former, or perhaps present residents of this place we're not the nicest people it seems... Demon summoners and perhaps worshippers, it would seem that the passage you just opened leads to where they did the dirty work of it. Their journal does have some interesting things to say on runecraft though..."

Etch and charge a Rune that will manifest a barrier of ice like the one I created before onto one of the coins I'm carrying.

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 10, 2011, 10:11:50 pm »

That's true. I updated your status, and I'll list your available Rune in the HP/MP spoiler from now on.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 288