Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190109 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 12 [In which Marcus beats down a werewolf]
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2011, 01:44:00 am »

Alright, I will take 2 new skills if I can? 1 Point into Tracking (+1 to Tailing/Tracking rolls (One of the two)) and 1 point into Evasion (+1 to dodge rolls)

Marcus grins, seeing Saddler go down and the Werewolf going down, he pulls out one more vial of Holy water and throws it directly at the Wolf.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2011, 11:09:19 am »

Strike a fancy pose while everyone else kills the wolf.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2011, 04:48:29 pm »

Friar Greenmoore intones "Strike it down now! A werewolf that is near dead is at its most dangerous!"

Friar Greenmoore tries to make a low wall of fire to prevent the werewolfs escape
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2011, 09:54:39 pm »

Gotcha. Will update Marcus's Skills once the turn is finished.

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

GREATER WEREWOLF

(Attack Roll: 7. Malleus Defense Roll: 5+1. Werewolf Damage Roll: Major Success; 2d4 damage dealt. 4-1 damage dealt) The werewolf immediately turns and lungs for Malleus. It bulls him down and tries to bite his head off...

WYMAR SANE

(Attack Roll: 7. Werewolf Defense Roll: 8. Wymar loses 2 MP) The werewolf looks up and snarls as you cast your spell. It leaps away from Malleus, evading the blast of light.

MICHEAL WARD

(Attack Roll: 5. Werewolf Defense Roll: 3. Ward loses 1 MP. Ward Damage Roll: Massive Failure; Werewolf counters. Werewolf Attack Roll: Minor Success, 1d4 damage dealt. 3 damage dealt) It turns out the werewolf was targeting someone else, and charges into Micheal as he finishes reloading his pistol. It hits him low in the stomach with its shoulder and knocks him aside.

MALLEUS RAULAT

(Attack Roll: 7. Werewolf Defense Roll: 4. Malleus Attack Roll: Major Success; 2d4 damage dealt. 6 damage) You get to your feet and raise your axe. You'll not fall to a creature of the night! As it recovers from tackling the watchman, you cover the distance and swing your battleaxe. The blow is not fatal, but it is powerful enough to throw the creature to the ground, stunned.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

(Cast Roll: 6. Greenmoore loses 2 MP) You encircle the square with a wall of flame. No one is getting in or out until you end the spell.

MARCUS RAUST

(Attack Roll: 1. Werewolf Defense Roll: 2. Marcus loses 1 MP; Werewolf evades) You throw the water at the wolf at about the same time Malleus attacks it. The water hits him in the back and although he is merely annoyed by it, his body serves to shield the monster from your attack.

NAZARA

(Attack Roll: 6. Werewolf Defense Roll: 1. Nazara Damage Roll: Major Success; 2d4 damage dealt. 5 damage; kill) Yelling fiercely, you run over to the fallen werewolf and swing your warhammer in a low arc. It connects solidly with the side of its head, and there is a loud snap as its neck breaks. You have done it; the monster is dead.

PIERRE Dé GRASSI

(Pose Roll: 7+1 Sleep Bonus; last round, should've had it earlier but I forgot. -__-) You flourish your rapier and strike a fancy pose, stealing Nazara's thunder as she finishes off the werewolf. Somehow, you're gonna get the credit for this.

META

All right, we made it through the introductory mission. ^^ After another turn or two we'll be heading towards the castle proper. As a reward for defeating the first boss, everyone gets to choose one of the following as their reward from Aguemort:

5 HP
5 MP
New or Improved Weapon
New or Improved Subweapon
New Skill
Random Artifact
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:57:35 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 13 [In which Pierre steals Nazara's glory]
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2011, 10:38:19 pm »

Improve my mighty Rapier.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:34 pm »

Improve my longsword.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2011, 12:45:19 am »

Friar Greenmoore lets the wall fire burn down to nothing. He walks over, and looks down upon the bisected body of Elizabeth Saddler and sighs, placing a hand over her eyes.

"A pity she will soon learn the forces of Hell will torment her all the more for allying with them...what a waste of potential..."

His eyes are drawn to a small black bag she was carrying, laying by her side. No doubt an artifact of some sort she was unable to use before being struck down...Greenmoore can feel some power within, but what it could be, he cannot tell. The tools of the enemy are often a great boon in the right hands.
He reaches for it tentatively...

Friar Greenmoore takes a random artifact.
Edit: Oh yeah, cancel the ring of fire spell too!

OOC: Psh, weapons and skills. I'll take the MYSTERY BOX!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:54:03 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2011, 12:58:51 am »

Jump on the sword improving bandwagon.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2011, 01:09:55 am »

the random artifact:D
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2011, 01:26:48 am »

Friar Greenmoore weighed the bag carefully. He didn't want to inadvertantly set off some magical trap set by the late Saddler witch...to his surprise he felt more than one artifact within! The kinght Malleus was also looking curiously at it, so Greenmoore offered to share what he had found...

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2011, 03:48:47 am »

Doh ho ho

New skill : "Blitzkrieg : +2 to Movement rolls, -1 to Tailing rolls"

Please tell me that "Movement" also includes speed

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2011, 05:28:34 am »

GENERAL

The group is led back to the town hall the next day, where they meet with Micheal Ward. "Thank you for all your help, and for going above and beyond the call of duty, Nazara," he says. "I'm prepared to give you whatever reward we can." Marcus, Wymar, and Pierre ask for improvements to their weapons. Friar Greenmoore asks if he and Malleus can keep the relics they took from Elizabeth's body. Nazara asks for special training. Micheal nods to the three. "Visit our blacksmith. I'll give you a missive to let him know why you're there." To Greenmoore and Malleus, he says, "that's a good idea. I'd prefer those stones be as far from Aguemort as possible." To Nazara, he hands over a parchment. "If you train in this way, you'll become faster, but it'll be harder for you to switch direction at will."

Every splits up to go about their tasks, with Marcus, Wymar, and Pierre heading for William Hayes's forge. He takes the missive and reads it. "Aye, I can help out the saviors of our town. What d'you want done with your blades? I can sharpen them or balance them." (Sharp = +1 damage, Balance = +1 Accuracy)

Greenmoore and Malleus return to the inn to study the relics in further depth. Eventually they discover their purposes: One is similar to a rosary, with black beads streaked with deep red. This relic absorbs the blood of its owner in exchange for greater magic output. (Owner of the Blood Rosary can exchange HP for additional damage when using a Subweapon at the rate of 1 = 1. You have to sacrifice the blood first, though, so if the attack misses...) The other is a small figurine. It is utterly unremarkable now, but the pair are able to divine its intent. (The Wax Doll will absorb the first hit the owner takes in battle, as long as it's not a killing blow. Too bad for Elizabeth.)

Nazara heads home to train.

META

Movement covers such things as sprinting, platforming, and climbing. It's a broad category. I should mention, however, that avoiding traps and sudden attacks is Sensing Danger, which is what Wymar has; since everyone else has to choose what they get this round, you can change your mind if you want something else. Once all of that's settled, we'll be moving on.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 14 [In which there are rewards]
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2011, 06:22:47 am »

Confirmed, someone has to be able to cross big Distances in a short time

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:29 am »

Friar Greenmoore studies both items intensely. One seems to be a wax figure of an ancient fertility Goddess, possibly ancient Ethopian. He can feel a powerful energy within-on close inspection, this power seems defensive in nature, like a loving mother sheltering her young. "Such an item would be of use to anyone in our line of work...I don't like to rely on such trinkets, though."

He turns toward the dark red rosary and examines it in turn. As he feared, it's not an earthly material it's made of-it looks like obsidian to the untrained eye, but one can tell it's not something that came from our Earth. It's the way the material seems to subtly swell like a swamp leech as it sucks in moisture from its enviroment that worries him...it's like touching a living thing.

He can sense the spirit trapped within..not exactly evil, but ancient and very, very hungry. And of course, a massive store of hidden power, waiting for use.
He guesses that the spirit is propiated with blood sacrifice...but it's not the worst thing the friar has sacrificed...
He picks it up gingerly and stores it away from his skin.

Friar Greenmoore claims the blood rosary

Later, speaking to Wymar, he remembers to ask him if he managed to grab that book of fire the saddler woman was using...

OOC: Hmm, I could take the wax doll, but if all goes well, I shouldnt be hit anyway, right?
I should be able to do some really overpowered fire damage with this. :)

Ahra, are you okay with taking the tanking trinket? lol warcraft memories...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:34:15 am by Dwarmin »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:22 am »

Marcus looks down at his blade, then shakes his head slightly. "I'm sorry, I'm happy with my blade the way it is. Sorry, again." He walked out, and headed back to Michael, slightly ashamed. "Er, Mr Ward? I'm sorry, but I'd like to request a training method. I should've been able to reach the Werewolf much before it reached Aguemort... I'd like to request a way of moving faster, to help me in my hunt. Or, rather than moving faster, moving more efficiently. Being able to cross any terrain or obstacle as quickly as possible. Can you help?"

(New Skill instead, if I may; Parkour: +1 to movement rolls)

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 288