Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190178 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 18 [In which a magician enters the battle]
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2011, 04:55:47 pm »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
It looks like a group of people are attacking a house? What's going on here?

The narrator is God.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2011, 04:57:54 pm »

ooops forgot that. whatever my armor will (hopefully) probably hold.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2011, 06:49:38 pm »

OK, we'll never discuss it again Ahra. ^^ In any case, I'm gonna go play Oblivion for awhile, will check back in a couple of hours to see about the turn. (Yep, I'll cause in-fighting and then vanish like it's not my fault in the slightest.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2011, 12:28:49 am »

Marcus growls, deciding that his aim must be failing. "Only one way to fix this." he charges at the serpent that has taken the least damage, and tries to jump on it's back, sword raised to strike...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2011, 12:36:01 am »

OOC: Well, now we have *two* players trying to jump on the backs of the skeletal serpents.

This will all end in tears.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2011, 12:38:06 am »

ooc: If they get good rolls they can ride the serpents into each other and each will have their serpent devour the other entire.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:39:53 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2011, 01:35:22 am »

OOC(Totally off topic question): SeriousConcentrate, Draignean, where did you get your truly epic avatars?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2011, 02:01:18 am »

SeriousConcentrate made them.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2011, 02:06:50 am »

"The hell you screaming about, Mister Priest?"

Warhammer that goddamn skeleton dragon

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 11, 2011, 02:23:41 am »

SeriousConcentrate made them.
Epic. I would say I want one, but.. aww heck, who am I kidding? I want one. ;D

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2011, 02:53:37 am »

Well, technically. Draignean improved his. ^^ Thanks for the compliment, though. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's everybody, so running turn 19.

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

WHITE DRAGON 1

Injured but determined to keep fighting, the dragon snaps at Nazara. (WD1AR: 1. NDR: 2; Nazara evades) However, she's too nimble for it and dives away from its jaws.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

Those things move in such an interesting way, you think jumping on one might be fun. So you attempt it. (Random Target: WD1. PAR: 6+1. WD1DR: 5. PDR: Minor Success; 1d4 damage. 3 damage) No one is as experienced in flashy techniques as you, and you prove it as you bait the skeleton into snapping at you and then vaulting onto it as if it were a horse. You lock your legs around one of the many vertebra and stab it in the next bone up, causing it to rear back in pain and attempt to buck you off.

MALAKAI RITT

Although at first you may have thought it was a bandit siege, that perception changes entirely when you see a huge, snake-like skeleton rise into the air with a mercenary on it, trying to stab it a second time. Whether or not these people need help, you're going to destroy these things. For her. (Ritt summons Eagle, -3 MP. Random Target: WD2. RittAR: 7. WD2DR: 3. Ritt loses 2 MP. RittDR: Massive Success; No special effect; 2d4x2 damage. 10 damage and kill. Eagle Target: WD3. EAR: 5.  WD3DR: 8; WD3 evades.) You summon the spirit of an eagle to assist you, and it manages to distract the far right White Dragon long enough for you to unleash a glacial blast on the center one. It freezes solid, then shatters.

NAZARA

After asking Friar Greenmoore what he's on about, you turn to pulverize the White Dragon that had just attempted to bite you. (NAR: 5. WD1DR: 4. NDR: Major Success; 2d6 damage. 8 damage) you make the monster pay with a crushing blow that whips it up into the air, almost throwing Pierre off. Lucky for him he has a secure hold on the vertebra!

FRIAR GREENMOORE

This requires divine intervention! You throw more holy water at the monsters. (Random target: WD3. GAR: 2. WD3DR: 4; WD3 evades, Greenmoore loses 1MP.) It just so happens that the dragonyou were aiming at chooses that moment to snap at Malakai's eagle, moving itself out of the path of your toss.

MARCUS RAUST

You're not going to let that Frenchman show you up AND have all the fun. You're going to ride that dragon so hard he'll look like an amateur! ...Wow that sounded all kinds of wrong. You're going to do it anyway. (Auto-target WD3 since Pierre's on WD1. RaustAR: 3. WD3DR: 1. RaustDR: Massive Success; 2d4x2 damage. 12 damage and kill. On a personal note, WTF is this tactic working so well? o.o) You duck past the writhing skeletons and jump at the wall. At the moment of impact, you coil around and jump off, landing just under the head of the dragon. Holding onto one of the ribs with your left hand, you draw your sword with your right and decapitate the monster in a single swing before leaping away, rolling, and landing in a kneeling posture.

THAT is how it's done.

WYMAR SANE

There's only one left now, and you're not gonna be the guy who didn't bring one down. (WAR: 1. WD1DR: 7; WD1 evades, Wymar loses 2 MP.) Or maybe you are. (WAR: 7. WD1DR: 1. Wymar loses 2 MP. WDR: Minor Success, 1d4 damage. 2 damage and kill) Thinking on your feet, you alter the spell as the orb of light misses the skeleton and cause it to explode, bathing the White Dragon in holy light. It roars, spitting flames everyone, and finally manages to throw Pierre off as it starts to disintegrate.

MALLEUS RAULAT

Well. Huh. It looks like they're all dead.

GENERAL

The time is now 1:00 in the afternoon. The original six have been joined by Malakai Ritt, and all stand outside the toll-keepers abandoned shack (to the north). To their east are stairs leading up onto a slimy-looking, ancient stone bridge leading over murky waters.

Spoiler: HP/MP Counts (click to show/hide)

------

I need to count up the amount of 8s rolled during combat. Krath, don't let me forget, your attack that round was an 8 but it got bumped down because Piercing is bad against skeletal types. I'll do an OOC post once I get it figured up and let you know about skill-ups.

@Talarion: I'll see about it, just give me some time. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2011, 03:13:46 am »

All right, counted it up from the beginning. Marcus is owed another skill-up after the battle, and Pierre has one as well. Everyone else (except for Draignean, since he's only been in for one turn :p) is close to a skill-up.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2011, 03:15:49 am »

Malakai raised his wrist for the spirit animal to alight on, she wouldn't last much longer but the presence of his oldest companion was always a comfort. Avoiding the addled friar that called out to him before he adresses the strange group that he has stumbled upon. "Forgive me if mine eloquence deserts me, but who in the nine hells are you?"
---

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 19 [In which white dragons get pwnt]
« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2011, 03:19:43 am »

Neato. I'll take Fancy Footwork (+1 to dodging) as my new skill. Like a boss.

Introduce myself as a fancy frenchman and ask this newcomer to assist me us in obtaining GLORY.

Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 19 [In which white dragons get pwnt]
« Reply #269 on: March 11, 2011, 03:29:08 am »

im an templar sent here to destroy evil.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 288