Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 189258 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 32 [In which Greenmoore & Marcus hit hard]
« Reply #435 on: March 19, 2011, 04:27:04 am »

Jesus christ why do i keep hitting monsters with the wrong weapon

Claymore -> Ectoplasm 1

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2011, 04:43:12 am »

It's less hitting them with the wrong weapon and more hitting them with a weapon in general. They are incorporeal, after all. They can still be attacked though, because otherwise you'd have to burn through a LOT of MP to kill them, and Nazara wouldn't be able to hurt them at all since all three of her weapons are physical, and basically it's not cool to have a player sitting around unable to do anything. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 19, 2011, 07:08:17 am »

You damn well know how to choose the correct Monsters

Also, raise Detail-Oriented

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:47 am »

SeriousConcentrate mentioned somewhere that skills can only have two levels...

either you gain +1 to whatever, then an additional +1 in whatever on the next level, or you start with +2 in whatever, -1 in something and on the next level lose the negative.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 19, 2011, 09:24:36 am »

Yeah, I need to update the rules spoiler in the first post. I was limiting it to two levels so if you raise a skill up like that you can only Minor Fail it... as well as have a better chance of getting a Massive Success.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2011, 01:59:06 pm »

Eh, the others seem to do a good job killing the bastards. Defend self.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 19, 2011, 02:13:23 pm »

Strike a pose as the final blow is struck, stealing Nazara whoever's thunder.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 19, 2011, 02:17:34 pm »

New plan. Defend self and when the fighting's over, foil any plans the frenchman has to look flashy.

Hurhurhur.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 19, 2011, 03:19:36 pm »

lol, sorry. The woods just seem like a good place for ghosts. Next time I'll try to include a few more fleamen for you. ^^ without decreasing the number of incorporeal undead, of course.

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

WYMAR SANE

You decide to take defensive action, and try to prepare a trap for Pierre at the same time. (Block: Major Success, +2 to defense. Anti-Pierre: 3) You're so focused on making sure you don't get hurt that you completely forget about tripping Pierre up.

NAZARA

(3 vs 1; Minor Success (7-2 IW), 1d4; 3 damage.) You strike the remaining Ectoplasm with your sword, but it refuses to die a second time. Damn zombie goasts.

FLEAMAN 1

(1 vs 7, Marcus evades) The fleaman's still stunned after hitting the tree and doesn't even get back up.

ECTOPLASM 2

The ghost flies towards Malleus at top speed! (5 vs 4+1, 5 vs 5+1) But the knight holds it off easily.

MARCUS RAUST

(RT: Fleaman 1. 2 vs 6, -1 MP) You pitch holy water at the fleaman, but it rolls aside at the last second and it shatters against the tree the monster had been propped up on. At least the tree got watered. D:

MALLEUS RAULAT

You strike back at the Ectoplasm who attacked you. (7 vs 2; Major Fail (4-2)) But it floats up above your attack, refusing to stay still and just get killed.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

With a few quick words, you form a fireball and propel it at Ectoplasm 2. (1+1 vs 1; -2 MP, Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage and kill) The fireball strikes it dead on, immolating it so entirely that it ceases to exist.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

...The fleaman's still alive, but who cares? (Major Success/7) You throw your hat up in the air, twirl, grab it on the way down, and put it back on in an overly flashy display.

MALAKAI RITT

You move towards the fleaman. (6 vs 6, 5 vs 3; Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage and kill) You put the fleaman out of its misery with a blow to the temple.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Peter, next time you celebrate after everything's dead.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

split the fleamans head and punch the french in the face with my steel gloves for stealin glory and keep going
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:55:25 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Friar Greenmoore moves on...

OOC: suh-weet. I killed an enemy every round. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Move on aswell.

(Question: Is it wrong to assume that my Hunters Aim would work when I throw Holy Water? Because technically it's a throwing weapon, thus a ranged weapon, thus... yeah? Or is that wrong, and I should be trying to switch it out so I get bonuses from my bonuses? :P . Also, could you update my skills please? I updated Hunters Aim last turn.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 06:01:51 pm by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Sure, sorry. I ran the turn up 28 hours without sleep, so I missed a few things and you should've had the +2 from Hunter's aim then.  :-\

Edit: Quick check, anything else I missed?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, sorry. I ran the turn up 28 hours without sleep, so I missed a few things and you should've had the +2 from Hunter's aim then.  :-\

Edit: Quick check, anything else I missed?

You forgot my lemon quiche.

>:(

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 288