Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 189263 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 34 [In which the GM just goes with it]
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2011, 08:58:47 pm »

Friar Greenmoore explains the injury was caused by a fleaman, whose gruesome strength managed to strike a heavy blow on the back of his head. "A clean bandage and an antiseptic, if you have one, would be fine...

"Well, Daniel...you know, you remind me of a friend I once had, a young bard by the name of Teller...he had the same keen wit and a strong desire to help others. He too chose to join me in another quest, and I warned him as well as I did you.

Let's hope you meet a better end than he did. Poor Teller...

"I heard you carry the cross into battle. Is that a symbol of true faith, or merely a good luck charm?" Friar Greenmoore says, smiling slightly.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:06:40 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 20, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »

Daniel smiles as he tends to the Friar's wounds, nodding about the fleamen and explaining that he has seen such things and a few more during the time he has spent in these woods. He thinks about the friars words and then replies.

"Well, I suppose it's a bit of both now that I think of it. I believe that people can believe in whatever they want, and I have seen the effect that a cross like the one I have has on certain... you might say, unholy creatures that live in the surrounding lands. I just think that it is best to be prepared for whatever these places can throw at you."

Daniel pauses in his work for a moment before continuing.

"As for this Teller you speak of, I may have treated him once in my travels. Not entirely sure it was the same one you speak of, but he sounds similar. He did seem a bit too hasty for my taste, the type that act before thinking things through. I can assure you though, I am not one to make such hasty decisions. After all, I have survived out in these woods for almost 4 days now, by myself I might add and with nothing but what you see on me. I have been told that I am somewhat resourceful, a talent that comes in handy around here I wager."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 21, 2011, 02:35:53 am »

We lack any form of physical ranged damage

I have a Shotgun rifle

Catch up with the others

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 21, 2011, 03:06:59 am »

"Well, it seems like we're lost. Shall we try to find the others or shall we go ahead and wait for them on the other side of the forest? Oh, I know. *Tarot*"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 21, 2011, 03:14:29 am »

The cards reveal that meeting back up with the others is not possible at this point. You will have to press forward while the other four take another route through the woods. They do not reveal, however, whether or not your exit points will be the same.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 21, 2011, 03:18:53 am »

"Oh well. I guess we should finish our rest and continue our journey. But be careful, try not to make too much noise and look out for danger, we're seriously at a disadvantage here!"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 21, 2011, 08:03:18 am »

Run along with the others now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:39 pm »

just keep walking carefully.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 21, 2011, 07:08:10 pm »

Double post...huh
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:03:50 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 21, 2011, 07:14:25 pm »

We lack any form of physical ranged damage

I have a Shotgun rifle

You are on the opposite team.

Me, Zako, Talarion and Darvi are on the other team. Our new team name is the WOLVERINES.

EDIT

@Seriousconcentrate: Speaking of cards, you ever though of making some kind of artifact like the magic cards from "Castlevania: Circle of The Moon"? In theory, it could be one or multiple artifacts that provides mostly random buffs at a significant mana cost. I would love to get something like this.

I was always a fan of Mercury+Thunderbird. :3

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Circle_of_the_Moon/Cards#Griffin <-- For those unlearned in card lore. Scroll to bottom for combos.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:20:25 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:30 pm »

I might. My favorite combo was the one that hooked Nathan up with a gun, but I don't remember the card combination off the top of my head. I'll run the turn tomorrow. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 21, 2011, 11:42:47 pm »

Swift Hunter, for my choice.

Also, I have Holy Water, not a Cross. Just sayin. But yeah, a Boomerang would be deadly in my hands >:) Ozzy ozzy ozzy! Oi Oi Oi! *waves Australia's flag around*
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 22, 2011, 12:30:44 pm »

All right, sorry for the two-day delay, finally running turn 35. I'm Dracula's an asshole, so yeah, I think you can blame me him for the evil trees. Anyway, when you ask for a boomerang, are you talking about the kind JoMo gets in Portrait of Ruin or the kind the Belmonts get in pretty much every other game? :p

--

PARTY 1

As Daniel tends to Friar Greenmoore's wounds, the priest drinks the mana potion Wymar gave him. (Daniel: 6+2 - Massive Success, 6 HP healed. Potion consumed, 5 MP restored) After a moment's work they are done, and Marcus leads the party further into the shadows under the forest canopy. (MAR: 3) The hunter is skilled at moving stealthily through the forest, and by emulating his example the party is able to avoid the attention of the monsters that dwell in the woods. After some time, oddly enough, they happen upon the corner of an iron fence, stretching out to the east and the north. Would they try to find an entrance, or head north past it?

PARTY 2

Nazara, Pierre, Malleus, and Malakai advance forward, unable to find the path that Marcus, Wymar, and Greenmoore took. (MAR: 5.) After a short period of time, they come across ominous posts rising from the ground on either side of the dirt road. They look like the skulls of dogs, placed one atop the other into stacks of four and five. It almost appears as if the eyes are glowing... and suddenly a column of fire erupts from the mouth of the closest one! (Party 2 is now fighting three bone pillars.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 35 [In which there are moar firebreathing skulls]
« Reply #493 on: March 22, 2011, 12:39:37 pm »

Sucks to be them :P

Moar GM-asking hax. *g*

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 35 [In which there are moar firebreathing skulls]
« Reply #494 on: March 22, 2011, 12:43:59 pm »

lol. Hax, indeed. :D Well, this one'll require a roll since most of the time when you ask it's stuff I want everyone to know.

(3)

Wymar notices only that there's a few stone shapes in the distance. Some look like statues.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 288