Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190139 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 101 (In which a gift is passed on)
« Reply #2235 on: June 21, 2011, 08:48:03 am »

Jonas looked down. "We've all done things we're not proud of, brother. I was very brash then myself, barely sixteen years old." He didn't look like he was younger than thirty; with the hard lines of weariness and travel marking his face, and his short black hair salted with gray and white, he looked closer to mid-forties. "I've learned a lot since then. I've had a lot of time to... reflect." Indeed, he had roamed the lands for the last decade, putting the souls of evil mortals, undead, & demons alike to rest. "And I still think I was right to pursue a more aggressive approach," he said as he folded his arms behind his back, a small teasing smile on his face. The older friar had always been cautioning him to be more levelheaded and careful in the past; advice he had rarely headed.

He led them a little further on. "There's a church up ahead where we can rest the night, unless it's been destroyed since the last time I walked these paths. About a year ago, I think." He pointed at a darker shadow on the horizon, at the edge of the cliff. "I am certain that that castle was not there. Nor did I see any signs of one being built." Weaver turned to the four. "I have the feeling that it is where we'll find the answers to everything." He looked from Greenmoore to the other three.

"I'm sorry, I've forgotten my manners. My name is Jonas Weaver. Brother Greenmoore and I hail from Mistbridge monastery, in the mountains far to the west of here. Although I am a priest it would probably be more accurate to say that I am a vampire hunter." He inclined his head respectfully to Daniel, Frenz, and Wymar. Interesting... that one wears an unusual garment, he thought, looking at Frenz's cloak.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: June 21, 2011, 09:08:44 am »

"Daniel. Nice to see another friend on these roads." Daniel said, nodding in return. "We should get to the church before it gets dark. What news do you have of this place? Does the evil we have been fighting recently stem from that castle?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: June 21, 2011, 09:25:39 am »

"Not much, I'm afraid. I'm almost positive that castle is where the darkness is emanating from, but I haven't been through here since before it appeared." He scratched his chin and thought about it. "As I said there's an old, abandoned church ahead. The ruins around it suggest there was a town up here once, probably a mining town considering the caverns I passed through." He looked at the castle in the distance. "I believe there's only one path to the castle, but this trail will take you straight there. I plan on looking for an alternate route myself."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: June 21, 2011, 10:29:36 am »

"Why? Is the path to the castle blocked by rockfall? Or is it blocked by the minions of darkness?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: June 21, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »

Aw, but I wanna seduce things. D:

For the quest reward I'll take another random artifact. For my not-dependent-on-updated-skill-gain skill I'll take Naval Training L2.

Still thinking about evos.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: June 21, 2011, 01:22:13 pm »

Jonas is Dracula in disguise.

I'm calling it now.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: June 21, 2011, 02:09:25 pm »

@Krath: I'm more than pleased to say you're wrong on that call. :3 Vlad Tepes is Dracula, as usual.
@Zako: The alternate route is just so there isn't a ninth party member running around. :P
@Irony: No problem, will update skill in a moment. ^^

---

"The latter," Jonas said. "I can't be certain, but I'm sure the gates will be guarded by something strong, if not the entire path to the castle." He grimaced and looked down. "And old wounds are starting to catch up with me. I'll need to rest at the church myself for a day or two before I can continue."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: June 21, 2011, 06:23:11 pm »

@Krath: I'm more than pleased to say you're wrong on that call. :3 Vlad Tepes is Dracula, as usual.

Ohohohoho, that's just what you want me to think.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: June 21, 2011, 09:47:32 pm »

Or perhaps thats what he wants you to think, to think that he wants you to think that that priest is dracula.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51:13 pm »

I think that you want him to think that I want him to think that he thinks I think everyone should think that Jonas is Drac.

My head, it asploded.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: June 21, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »

Man, I need to work out a new character... What to use for a concept... what to use....

NO ONE EXPECTS THE INQUISITION!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: June 21, 2011, 09:57:58 pm »

lol. You'll be right after Tariq in the waitlist... then there exists the possibility just enough characters will die that I get the pair of you in at the same time, and you two will pull the kind of stunts Taricus and I try on you. :\ Time to derp around like a madman.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: June 21, 2011, 10:04:45 pm »

I still can't decide between Battle Raider and Trophy Raider. D:

Serious, could you give me some idea of what Trophy Raider items would be like? Examples, maybe?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: June 21, 2011, 10:14:18 pm »

All right. Here's a generic ghost as an example. If you kill one and get its shroud, then you can use it to get a small chance to become incorporeal yourself. You won't be able to attack but you won't be able to be targeted at all either. The Lv2 version would make it where using it always works. A fleaman's cloak could be used to give yourself a +1 bonus to movement at Lv1, and +2 at Lv2 since those little bastards are always hopping around everywhere. A snake from a medusa head would give a partial/full chance depending on level to stone an enemy, etc.

...Also I noticed a typo in Booty Raider. (:P) The effect is always supposed to be for MP but on the first level I accidentally put in HP. :-\

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: June 21, 2011, 10:30:55 pm »

Man, I need to work out a new character... What to use for a concept... what to use....

NO ONE EXPECTS THE INQUISITION!

Their chief export is fear...fear and vampire slaying! Vampire slaying and fear!
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 288