Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190095 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 102 (In which the groups are reunited)
« Reply #2310 on: June 26, 2011, 08:21:50 am »

Yeah, there's some beds in the back. ^^ Right now I'm reformatting how I count eights and going through the whole thread again, as soon as I get finished with that I'll check skills and make sure everyone's up to date and everything, allocate the rewards y'all have chosen, and get to work on the next turn. Sorry it's taken so long. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: June 26, 2011, 08:24:19 am »

I guess we should do another Church Fortification, right?

Friar Greenmoore lays down spiritual protection in salt and rune to fortify the church for the nght.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: June 26, 2011, 08:42:26 am »

I believe the protection runes are unnecessary. It's holy ground, the unholy beasties we call our enemies can't approach. Even so, Weaver pretty much guaranteed our safety while here; he did say that we'd be safe.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: June 26, 2011, 08:44:23 am »

"Oh hey, you're definitely not going to get killed here. Just go to sleep because there's no way you'll get stabbed in your sleep"

I want to GM-hax this first.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: June 26, 2011, 08:49:02 am »

What do you want to know in particular? If it's that it's absolutely safe, it is; I may be a perverted bastard but I'm not a cheap sonuvabitch. :3 You won't get attacked in designated safe areas like this one.

In other news, I'm up to Turn 22 in my review. Back to it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: June 26, 2011, 09:10:06 am »

Mmm, I made it up to Turn 40 and it looks like I haven't missed anything so far, so I'm going to assume my notes are accurate. Anyway, here's the breakdown now that I'm counting 10 as a skill-up number:

Malleus has gotten twenty-two 8s, with a total of two consecutive 8s. He should have six skills.

Wymar has gotten twenty-five 8s, with a total of three consecutive 8s. He should have eight skills.

Pierre has gotten twenty 8s, with a total of two consecutive 8s. He should have six skills.

Greenmoore has gotten twenty-one 8s, with a total of three consecutive 8s. He should have seven skills.

Daniel has gotten twenty 8s, with a total of three consecutive 8s. He should have seven skills.

Claire has gotten fourteen 8s, with a total of four consecutive 8s. She should have six skills.

Frenz has gotten fourteen 8s, with a total of two consecutive 8s. He should have four skills.

Zathyran has gotten three 8s, with a total of three consecutive 8s/ He should have three skills.

OK, next thing to do is go back and look at all the requests to make sure I've gotten those straight.

ALSO EDIT: Urg, those totals there don't count the starting skill. Just keep that in mind. ^^;
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:56:37 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: June 26, 2011, 09:11:59 am »

I am the best character. The best :V

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: June 26, 2011, 09:14:31 am »

I wouldve had more. If I didnt unluck and get killed on the second boss... :(
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: June 26, 2011, 09:31:19 am »

Hehe, shot down like a german over england >:3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: June 26, 2011, 09:36:15 am »

Hehe, shot down like a german over england >:3
That is definitely sig worthy. Why is everyone I see so sigworthy recently?

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: June 26, 2011, 09:48:13 am »

You can trade out my quote in your sig for his if you want, his is better. :3 Anyway, I'm checking the trades and QR now so pretty soon I should be ready.

ALSOEDIT: So Tal... Earlier it looked like the arrangement was trading Darvi your Fire Tome for his Gold, then using the Gold to upgrade your Book and your knife to upgrade your clothes. Is that still applicable?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:55:03 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: June 26, 2011, 10:08:16 am »

Ask Darvi. If he wants my fire book, sure, but im not sure whether he said yes or no. 'Twas a bit unclear to me.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: June 26, 2011, 10:28:12 am »

Trade bag of gold, sword, and jacket for fire book, new sword, and some sort of red cloak respectively.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: June 26, 2011, 10:42:53 am »

MALLEUS RAULAT

The knight approached the altar first and placed his sapphire on the donation plate. As he watched, his armor mended the tear made by Marcus, and turned a silvery color. It felt thicker than before, more protective, but not any more restrictive. Additionally, the sapphire had disappeared from the plate, and in its place was a warhammer. He picked it up and swung it once; a trail of cold air followed in its wake. He placed it next to his axe and moved away from the altar to allow the others to pay homage. (Malleus's armor increases by +1 defense. Malleus gets artifact Freezing Warhammer! This is like Pierre's Blitz Rapier, but without the accuracy bonuses and for ice rather than electricity.)

WYMAR SANE

Wymar and Zathyran talked while Malleus was at the altar, and eventually brokered a deal where Wymar handed his gold over for the magician's Fire Tome. Once the knight moved away, he approached the altar and laid his sword upon it, then somewhat self-consciously took off most of his clothes and put them on the plate as well while keeping an eye on the only young woman in the room. Just in case. When he turned back the items had been replaced; the worn travelling clothes of a gypsy were now the bright red of a fire elementalist, and his bastard sword was now much sharper if somewhat heavier than before. (Wymar gets: Fire Tome; Red Clothes, which have +0 to defense and +1 to movement; and Razor Blade, which has +2 to damage rolls.)

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

Pierre was next up and he placed his gold and Blitz Rapier on the collection plate. After a few moments, the gold vanished and he picked up his weapon. It was now lighter than before, making it easier to thrust and parry with. Pleased, he replaced it on his belt. (Blitz Rapier now has +2 accuracy; final upgrade.)

FRIAR GREENMOORE

The friar placed his gold on the collection plate, then filled his vials with water from the nearby basin. He could feel how much holier it was than the water he had been carrying; odd how this church could remain in such close proximity to the dark lord's castle. (Holy Water is now Blessed Water.) While he was filling the vials, he noticed a key at the bottom of the basin, and asked Sister Winstead about it. She told him he could take it if he wanted, and he tried it on the box. It just so happened to work. o.O Inside the box was a ring made of a single large pearl. After a bit of trying it on different fingers, he finally fit it comfortably on his left index. (Greenmoore gets: Pearl Ring! It increases all Damage rolls by +1.)

DANIEL KING

Daniel approached the altar and placed his old leather armor on it, as well as his cross. After a moment the armor disappeared, and his cross looked... well... fancier. Before a plain silver affair, now it was gold with a gem at each of the four ends; rubies on the shorter arms and sapphires at the top and bottom. He took it and replaced it on his belt. (Cross becomes Jeweled Cross; final upgrade.)

CLAIRE ROSARA

Claire thought over what she wanted as she made her way to the altar next. After a bit, she divested herself of her leather armor and three bags of gold, placing all of it on the plate. The gold vanished, and so did the armor. (Treating this as buying one big upgrade 'cause I'm nice like that. And it gives me the opportunity to give you something more interesting. :P) In its place was a set of hide armor covered in a strange blue material that looked like fish scales. She put it on and found that it fit as well as her old leather armor did, but felt both lighter and stronger. (Claire gets Leviathan Scale Armor! It has +1 defense and +2 mobility.) Not only that, but under it was a necklace. A shark's tooth hung from the end, and she put it on. (Claire gets Shark Tooth Necklace. For 1 MP she can imbue her subweapon/melee attacks with the Ice element, dealing Ice damage and granting a 25% chance of freezing the enemy. Frozen enemies can't move and are weaker to Blunt damage.)

FRENZ GRENDE

Frenz approached the altar, setting his whip and and gold on it. (Upgrade randomized in lieu of specification: 1d10, 1-4 = accuracy, 5-9 = damage, 10 = element. 7, damage increase) When the gold disappeared, the whip looked completely different. No longer a thick leather affair, it was now made of sturdy, heavy chain, with a weighted tip for maximum damage. He coiled it onto his belt. (Whip becomes Chain Whip; final upgrade.)

ZATHYRAN FIRSANKH

Zathyran went to the altar last and set the gold and his tome upon it. The gold vanished and the binding of his book became a thick white leather with gilded lettering. He picked it up, then set his knife on the plate. It, too, was accepted as an offering, and he felt his robe become slightly thicker. (Lightning becomes Occult Book Lightning. Unarmored becomes Thick Gray Robes, which are +0 defense and +1 movement.)
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 288