Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190190 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 105 (In which it's a monster party)
« Reply #2475 on: June 28, 2011, 01:10:40 am »

Zathyran snapped out of his reverie, his grimoire dissapearing back inside his cloak, his Occult Book: Lightning appearing. His new improvements to his book should help him... He read out the mystical words from his book, lightning crackling around his hands, casting his eyes in their light. "Tximista, jainkoaren mailua, behera bota deabruzko eskumenak!", the words sounding ethereal, reverberating around the group... he held his arm up, an orb of lightning forming, before three incandescent bolts of electricity arced towards Zombies 1 2 and 3.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: June 28, 2011, 12:00:46 pm »

I tried to make a pic of my action, but it takes waaay too long so I'll just post it like that.

Test my new weapon on the Gaibon. With the instacrit ability.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: June 28, 2011, 12:05:03 pm »

Looks like we're only missing the Frenchman now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: June 28, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »

Also, Idea for bosses: Immune to criticals.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: June 28, 2011, 12:08:52 pm »

Eff you :V

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: June 28, 2011, 01:18:33 pm »

how are we going to kill you-know-who-the-daemonologist?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: June 28, 2011, 01:28:45 pm »

Alright, immune to secondary and magical criticals.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: June 28, 2011, 06:27:46 pm »

Looks like we're only missing the Frenchman now.

Bad storm knocked down my internet and power for the last 2 days, sorry!

Expertly toss my boomerang, striking a pose as it returns to my hand!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: June 28, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »

NOOOOOO!! Shut up taricus! I wan't to be able to use my all-powerful cross on a boss! Also, good luck with no magical criticals, since the majority of our damage comes from our magic users.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: June 28, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »

Exactly why one boss and/or enemy should have it :3
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:12:42 pm by Taricus »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: June 29, 2011, 05:31:35 am »

Exactly why one boss and/or enemy should have it :3
"go back to the waitlist that spawned you vile creature" (sound of hammer crushing skull)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: June 29, 2011, 05:35:05 am »

Hey, I'm still in the waitlist...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: June 29, 2011, 07:12:15 am »

Then stop trying to get everybody killed.

That's my job!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: June 29, 2011, 08:35:02 am »

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 84 (6)
bring down my new nifty warhammer on the 3rd skelerang
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 91 (6)
Test my new weapon on the Gaibon. With the instacrit ability.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 92 (8)
Expertly toss my boomerang, striking a pose as it returns to my hand!
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 51 (5)
Blessed Holy water on skelerangs one and two!
Auto consume 1 heart after attack (if possible)
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako: 85 (6)
Unleash the powah of my new cross on the 3 Gaibon's!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 79 (7)
Slash zombies!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 99 (3)
*encourage everyone and attack the 4 zombies with whip*
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 27 (8)
he held his arm up, an orb of lightning forming, before three incandescent bolts of electricity arced towards Zombies 1 2 and 3.
Quote from: Jonas Weaver / SeriousConcentrate: 73 (8)
Jonas lashed the bladed chain at the first Zombie.

(Quick note here, any 8s Jonas racks up will be distributed by random roll to party members at the end of the battle. So right now I would roll 1d8 once and if it came up, say, five then Daniel would get the 8. If he gets five 8s during the battle then I would roll 5d8. If it was like 3, 3, 5, 2, 8, then Pierre would get two of the 8s, and Wymar, Daniel, and Zathyran would get one.)

Quote from: Gaibon 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 65
Fireball -> Frenz
Quote from: Gaibon 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 54
Melee -> Wymar
Quote from: Gaibon 3 / SeriousConcentrate: 81
Melee -> Zathyran
Quote from: Skelerang 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 53
Boomerang -> Frenz x2
Quote from: Skelerang 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 19
Boomerang -> Claire, Zathyran
Quote from: Skelerang 3 / SeriousConcentrate: 3
Melee -> Jonas
Quote from: Skelerang 4 / SeriousConcentrate: 17
Melee -> Jonas
Quote from: Zombie 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 42
Melee -> Daniel
Quote from: Zombie 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 86
Grapple -> Malleus
Quote from: Zombie 3 / SeriousConcentrate: 90
Melee -> Greenmoore
Quote from: Zombie 4 / SeriousConcentrate: 47
Melee -> Malleus

Frenz reacted first, raising his whip overhead with a mighty warcry! (Frenz activates Inspiring Nobleman! Everyone gets +1 to damage roll this turn. Random target: 4, Zombie 4. 3 vs 1; 5+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+25%; 10 and kill) His chain whip snaked out and struck Zombie 4 in the head, hitting it with such force that the zombie was decapitated and fell over limply! Pierre was not one to be outdone and flung his boomerang out at the crowd. (-4 MP. To save rolls, I'm just going to do a generalization: Roll once to hit the whole crowd, roll once and apply the roll in damage to the whole crowd. 5 vs 4, hit; 1d4 + 1d4 damage: 6 total) The bladed boomerang sailed through each enemy, drawing blood and delivering a deep wound in each before returning to Pierre's hand as he straightened his hat. Like a boss.

Wymar, meanwhile, went for the flying enemies. (RT: 2, so Gaibon 2. 4 vs 2+1; Autocrit+3 damage = 11 Critical Success, 2d4x2+100%; 28 damage and kill) Gaibon 2 swooped down to attack him and he dodged to the side, swinging his sword in one smooth movement and bisecting the Gaibon diagonally. The halves of the demon fell to the ground. Meanwhile, Zombie 3 was all over the elder friar! (6 vs 1+1-1; Major Success, 2d4; 7-2=5 damage) It delivered a powerful haymaker that stumbled both Greenmoore and itself. Zombie 2 sneaked up on Malleus... (8 vs 1-2; grapple successful.) It caught his arms and held them behind his back, preventing him from moving or attacking!

Daniel removed his jeweled cross and held it up to the two remaining Gaibons. (RT: Even, so G3 is attacked twice and G1 once. -3 MP. G1: 1+2 vs 1+1; 8+1 Critical Success, 2d8x2+25% + 1d8x2+25%; 33+8=41 and kill. G2: 3+2 vs 8+1. 3+2 vs 4+1 {5+2 vs 3+1}; 4+1 Minor Success, 1d8 + 1d8; 8 damage) The first was destroyed in a flash of holy light; the third averted its dive in time to prevent major damage but was still scalded by the cross's power. Malleus struggled against the zombie's grip! (8 vs 2) He threw his elbows back, striking it in the ribs and pushing it away. (7+2 vs 6; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d6x2 Ice damage; 20 and kill) Drawing his warhammer, he leaped at Skelerang 3 and smashed it into frozen powder with a single blow!

Gaibon 3 moved away from Daniel and went for Zathyran instead. (5 vs 4; 4+1 Minor Success, 1d6; 5 damage) It landed in front of the mage and kicked him in the stomach with one of its powerful legs, folding him up momentarily. Claire, on the other side of the fight, kept on the zombies! (RT: 3, so Z3. 7 vs 3; 6+3-1BH Massive Success, 2d4x2; 12 and kill. 2, no trophy) She cleaved Zombie 3 in half! Jonas was also targeting the zombies, and swung at the first one to have appeared. (5+2 vs 1; 8+4 Critical Success, 2d4x2+100%; 32 and kill) The bladed chain of his combat cross snaked around the zombie in several places; with a quick step and yank backwards Jonas drew it back to him and left the zombie to fall to the ground in pieces.

Skelerang 1 threw its boomerangs at Frenz! (3-1 vs 7+4; 5-1 vs 1+4) Both clattered uselessly off of his armor. Greenmoore, meanwhile, was flinging something back at the skelerang and the one next to it: blessed water! (-2 MP. S1: 1 vs 8. S2: 6 vs 6 {5 vs 4}; 6+1 Major Success, 2d6+1d6; 12 and kill.) The first skelerang's boomerang came back in time to destroy the blessed water before it could hit him, but the second wasn't as lucky. It was dissolved before their very eyes! Greenmoore used a heart too, while he was at it. (4, all MP restored. 4/5 hearts left) Zathyran finally recovered from the kick to the stomach and held up his hang, creating an orb of lightning. (Targeting Zombie 2 and Skelerangs 1 and 3, since the other zombies died. -6 MP. Z2: 2+2 vs 4 {1+2 vs 1}; 4+1 Minor Success, 1d6+1d6; 4 and kill. S1: 8+2 vs 2; 8+1 Critical Success, 2d6x2+25% + 1d6x2+25%; 20+15=35 and kill. S3: 4+2 vs 2; 8+1 Critical Success, 2d6x2+25% + 1d6x2+25%; 23+2 = 25 and kill)

The lightning struck each, zapping them with such intensity that they... exploded? What the hell? Well... they were all dead, and that's what counted. Skelerang 4, the last of his kind standing, attacked Jonas! (7 vs 2+2; Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage) It bashed him a pair of strong blows, one from each boomerang, before leaping back!

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

--

Jonas has two 8s at the moment. Also... I know this was supposed to be kind of a squash match to demonstrate how strong your new class evos and skills have made you with the Gaibons being the only serious threat, but damn. You guys got real lucky with Frenz rolling high initiative since his damage boost really helped out. >.>

Finally, I cannot believe how lucky Talarion is. >.> This puts him at seven 8s and gives him the four in a row in one turn for the second time for a total of two skills. I guess Zathyran does take after Marcus...

EDIT: Just now remembered that Greenmoore should've taken 2 less damage. Fix'd that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:42:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 106 (In which monsters get pwnt. Hard.)
« Reply #2489 on: June 29, 2011, 08:54:16 am »

Curb stomp battle!

Friar Greenmoore concentrated. He had to use the power of the Holy Word to mend himself while the rush of battle was still upon him.

Use Holy Priest Ability on myself
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 288