Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190123 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 134 (A Smaller Team)
« Reply #3450 on: October 30, 2011, 06:44:28 pm »

:'( Congratz, wolfchild. I think the club of people who've got that emoticon out of me consists of like three now. And all of it in this thread, too. >.> Anyway, since you asked, I'll critique the suggestions:

Town Watch Level 2: the first effect is basically useless; the initial clues and intrigue was to reveal somebody's bringing Dracula back but since Nazara (the only character who had any physical clues to investigate) left the team I just had Jonas say 'yeah this dude named Berkeley is bringing back Dracula.' As for the second, maybe. I'll think about it but it sounds all right.
Watchful Watchman: Pretty much every fight so far has started with an ambush. :P The only time it's actually resulted in a surprise attack was in the mountains, and the heroes were the attackers. Wymar's thing was sensing danger, so maybe that would work for Tariq.
Stalwart Watchman: Sounds nice, but I'll leave off the ally inspiration; that's Frenz's deal. :3
Stubborn Watchman: TBH I don't really like this one. :\ I've stated a few times that the combat has too many rolls as it is and having to remember that under certain conditions I have to re-roll a roll is just not for me. (In other words, I'd have to be continually reminded that it would be in effect, and I make enough mistakes as it is...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 121 (Losses on both sides)
« Reply #3451 on: October 30, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »

That's hurtful Dwarmin, really. :'(

...Go join Darvi's club, ye heartless squishy.

Good times, good times.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: October 30, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »

...Four then, ye heartless friar.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: October 30, 2011, 07:27:19 pm »

whos the last one that made u use that emote?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: October 30, 2011, 07:28:29 pm »

He's a friar, what did you expect :P

Anyway, ETA on the next turn?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: October 30, 2011, 07:36:45 pm »

@Taricus: Not sure, has everyone posted? Also, of course he's heartless, why do you think he steals demon hearts?
@Ahra: In order: Darvi, Dwarmin, IronyOwl, wolfchild.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: October 30, 2011, 07:46:10 pm »

what to do to become one of them  8)
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: October 30, 2011, 07:56:24 pm »

Pfff, I'm not going to tell you. Your best bet's to study their tactics and figure it out... :3

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: October 30, 2011, 08:06:40 pm »

i take that as pointing out your wrongs.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: October 30, 2011, 08:33:48 pm »

@Taricus: Not sure, has everyone posted? Also, of course he's heartless, why do you think he steals demon hearts?
@Ahra: In order: Darvi, Dwarmin, IronyOwl, wolfchild.
Yep, I count seven actions.

Also, :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:16 pm »

@Ahra: Not necessarily. Darvi got two, maybe three out of me by being Darvi, Dwarmin got one for calling me evil, Irony got one for winning a bet, and wolfchild got one for rubbing in how predictable I am.
@Irony: OK then. I'll run a turn in an hour or two and worry about introducing new peepz the turn after.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:04 pm »

Ok then since tarric does not have any ideas

Stalwart watchman 1&2 Enemy Damage Rolls are at -1 and -2 respectively

Now for The werewolves

Werewolf Level 2: Gain the extra attack
Regeneration 1&2
Unsure

Character specific

Now if you want to use the half your mp used regens when not a wolf then i suggest that be werewolf level 2 because It probably wont work with a second level and it would look like this

Werewolf Level 2: When not in wolf shape regenerates up to half the MP used when in wolf shape (Rounding down the total when shift back, or something like that, because with 3 being the cap i see it bein.g used quite a bit)
Regeneration 1&2
Swift Werewolf 1: Can do a second attack, must spend the extra mana separately, Swift werewolf 2:If already doing 2 attacks, spend an extra point of mana to do the cheaper of the two attacks again

Character Specific.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 30, 2011, 10:06:53 pm »

Actually, I have a few, though they're more names than anything else.

Desert Watchman: -1 to enemy hit rolls, due to the more fluid arabic fighting styles, Level 2 boosts this.

Watchman of the Holy city: Gains a +1 to resist magic. Second level ups this to +2.

Sentry of the Dunes: May roll to Resist Suprise. Level two allows him to turn the tables on his foes on a 7 or 8 on the resist roll.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:10:02 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: October 30, 2011, 10:08:06 pm »

The problem there taric is that most would need to fit any watchman, not just an arabian one.

Thought of a possible Alora specific Evo, serious should Know where I am coming from

Crystal Chalice Werewolf 1: attacks made as a wolf are treated as holy & magic, if beneficial 2: Attacks as a wolf against non-holy creatures have a chance to give them a penalty to (not sure witch is should be, defence attack or damage)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:22:19 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 135 (Pierre Becomes A Witch, And Then A Zombie Pops Out)
« Reply #3464 on: October 30, 2011, 10:49:44 pm »

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
"I say we stay here for a bit longer... Just to see if there's anything else interesting in here. But when that's done, we should move on." Zathyran said to the large Knight, before slowly closing his book and standing up to continue searching.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
*puts on cape* Oh i finally have an cloak, YES! oh and you wanna stay here or take the next room?"
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
WEAR THE HAT! NOTHING BAD CAN COME FROM THIS!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Continue searching for valuable (though preferably useful) literature!

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Friar Greenmore peruses the bookcase, then pokes through the fireplace with his mace, and finally opens the cabinet.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Search the Room!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Steel myself, pushing the fear away, place my hand on the whip and push forward and regroup with the others

Zathyran and Malleus spoke quietly for a moment as the magician finished his book. He closed it with a quiet thump and left it on the table while he resumed his search. Claire was not done looting yet either! (Z: 1-1 Repeat Search. M: 4+1-1 Repeat Search. I assume Malleus is searching, anyway... C: 4-1 Repeat Search.) Zathyran promptly tripped and went right through a table, breaking it in half and raising a cloud of dust and woodchips. Malleus, distracted by the noise, walked over and gave him a hand up. The pirate was undeterred however and, after poking through one of the desks, came up with a bag o' gold! This went into an inside pocket of her coat. Across the way, Pierre decided 'screw it' and removed his current hat in favor of the witch hat...

And promptly had to lean on the wall for balance as he underwent a magic-based change in his physiology. Within mere moments, where the fabulous French mercenary stood, was now a rather attractive French witch! No one could quite believe it... especially not Pierre, who had an expression something like o.O as he looked down at himself. Taking the hat back off reverted him to normal, but he decided to put it back on for the moment. Why not, right? (Witch's hat: When wearing this, Pierre becomes a witch! While his HP, MP, and skills/evos remain the same, he doesn't use his normal equipment. Instead he uses a Broom (+1 Acc/+1 Dam) for physical attacks and his subweapons are Magic Book: Light Lv1 and a healing spell. The healing spell takes 2 MP and heals for 1d8. Finally, every skill and evo he has that targets female enemies now instead targets males.)

Meanwhile, in the Tower of Science, Frenz re-entered, sparing a glimpse towards Wymar's corpse. Thankfully, it was still present, and he moved towards the door he had last seen the friar enter. Inside, Biernat and Greenmoore were tearing the place apart. (G: 6. B: 8.) The bookcase was of slight interest to Greenmoore, but truthfully it would have been more relevant to his daughter. He was a man of faith, not science. He saw nothing worth keeping and turned his attention to the fireplace, using his mace to sift through the ashes. It looked like someone had been burning books, or at least pages, here recently. There was also a familiar smell he couldn't quite place; it was somewhat pleasant, but distracted him trying to remember it. Finally, he turned to the cabinet and opened it. It appeared to be a wine cabinet, mostly, but tucked among them was a vial of sulfuric acid. What was it there for? Regardless, the friar pocketed it. (Sulfuric Acid does 1d8+2 physical damage when used and has to beat a movement roll to hit.) Finally, Biernat was conducting his own search by lifting up the furniture and looking under it. Apparently someone had let an oddly-shaped stone roll under one of the couches, and he picked it up. (Biernat gets: Odd stone! He doesn't know what it does.)

Frenz walked in the door and was about to say something when he was interrupted by a loud thump from the fireplace. Placing a hand on his whip, he took a step forward to see what it was... and it turned out to be a dead body, rotted through, with a few parts replaced by mechanical ones. Another fell from above onto it and both rolled out of the fireplace. Hearing a groan behind him, Frenz turned and saw a third corpse blocking the door as it staggered towards them... and as if activated by the sound, the other two began to stand as well!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Hate to penalize you guys in the ToM, but, y'know. Can't have you camping. At least I didn't have Zathyran take HP damage for that roll of 0... >.> Also, a little bit early on my end, but Happy Halloween anyway you guys. ^^^ Pierre's already got his costume. :3
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 288