Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190140 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 151 (More Presents; Fun with Poison Gas)
« Reply #4185 on: February 19, 2012, 05:06:52 am »

Toughened Hide Level 2
Up close and personal level 2

Follow Through (Having trouble thinking what it would do, but I really want a skill called this, it would probably do something after an attack, but I don't want a clone of greased lightning) (Perhaps Gaining an extra attack after criting?)

Lacerate (When in wolf form have a chance of causing the foe to bleed profusely (damage over time of status debuf)

and then either level one of those two/unfettered up or get more mp or hp, wanna think about that a bit 1st
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: February 19, 2012, 05:12:47 am »

Toughened Hide Level 2
Up close and personal level 2

Approved.

Follow Through (Having trouble thinking what it would do, but I really want a skill called this, it would probably do something after an attack, but I don't want a clone of greased lightning) (Perhaps Gaining an extra attack after criting?)

A clone of Greased Lightning may be the best option here. At second level it's a 50% chance of an extra strike on Major+ Successes.

Lacerate (When in wolf form have a chance of causing the foe to bleed profusely (damage over time of status debuf)

Sounds like an Evo ability to me. Don't worry, though. Evo abilities are more powerful by default; if I allowed this as a skill it would probably be like +2 points of bleeding damage at level 2, where as an evo it might be 2d4.

and then either level one of those two/unfettered up or get more mp or hp, wanna think about that a bit 1st

Sure, take your time. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: February 19, 2012, 05:28:20 am »

...did I have another skill point I haven't spent yet?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: February 19, 2012, 05:39:38 am »

Sounds like an Evo ability to me. Don't worry, though. Evo abilities are more powerful by default; if I allowed this as a skill it would probably be like +2 points of bleeding damage at level 2, where as an evo it might be 2d4.

That does make sense, I kinda wanted a skill that is based off whether or not an enemy was bleeding but had no way to make em bleed, I will keep thinking a bit
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: February 19, 2012, 06:37:36 am »

@Irony: You might have spent it on HP or MP. I'm not certain. 45% chance you did so, 55% you have one you haven't used yet.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: February 19, 2012, 06:42:11 am »

I'll boost my accuracy to +2 if it exists. Don't think I've bought MP recently, and I think I've had 45 35 HP for a while now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: February 19, 2012, 06:51:29 am »

I'll go under the assumption you have one that you haven't spent yet and mark down that boost. ^^^

Edit: Yeah, I think you have two, actually. You have five level 2 skills (9 spent total since one level one skill was free) and I think you started with 30 HP/15 MP and now you have 35 HP and 18 MP from a miscellaneous boost. So you're just now at ten of eleven spent.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:53:58 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: February 19, 2012, 10:38:11 am »

Not exactly certain what you mean by this. Does your own attack get debuffed to take it off an ally? Is it like targeting an enemy that has two effects will remove one effect entirely and transfer the other one to another enemy?

Sorry, 2am. Me damage is brained.

If X friendly character had a debuff on them I could spend the cost of the attack which initially inflicted the debuff to take the debuff off them, and attempt to place it on someone else.

Master of Counted Sorrows Lvl1 (Gains a +1 to debuffing enemies with magic)
-Master of Counted Sorrows Lvl2 (Gains a +2 to debuffing enemies with magic)

Isn't this kind of the same thing as Wicked? Wicked level 1 would boost the chance from 4 on a d4 to 5/6 on a d46 (from 25 to 33% chance), and Wicked level 2 would make it 3/4 on a d4 (50% chance). The chance happens automatically on a Massive success, anyway. I could boost this to a class evo and make the two levels increase it so the chance happens on a Major and then a Minor Success, so at Evo 2 you would always have a 50% chance of inflicting status effects when you cast.

Hmm... That does sound good. (The Evoing) But then the evolutions described below also sound good... I AM FILLED WITH INDECISION. Alright, I'm going to take these two back for a while, maybe something will come to me later.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: February 19, 2012, 10:43:02 am »

Well, you have can choose four evos, and you automatically start with Witch Doctor level 1, so you could grab Witch Doctor level 2 and MoCS Level 1 & 2 and still have one evo pick left over. But I understand if you'd want to wait until I offer you more choices. ^^^ Anyway, by attack cost do you mean casting a non-damaging spell on your ally, with your accuracy vs. the enemy's defense for the roll (representing their save DC in D&D terms), and if you beat it then you can move the debuff, rolling a second time to try to place it on the enemy? I could also make that an evo, with level 1 being that and level 2 forgoing the second roll...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:45:20 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: February 19, 2012, 10:45:20 am »

Theory: SC is procrastinating the turns so I don't get to kill everybody soon enough.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: February 19, 2012, 10:52:13 am »

Well, you have can choose four evos, and you automatically start with Witch Doctor level 1, so you could grab Witch Doctor level 2 and MoCS Level 1 & 2 and still have one evo pick left over. But I understand if you'd want to wait until I offer you more choices. ^^^ Anyway, by attack cost do you mean casting a non-damaging spell on your ally, with your accuracy vs. the enemy's defense for the roll (representing their save DC in D&D terms), and if you beat it then you can move the debuff, rolling a second time to try to place it on the enemy? I could also make that an evo, with level 1 being that and level 2 forgoing the second roll...

That sounds interesting... Though I'm kind of saving back for an evo that will let me remove all the status effects from an enemy to deal damage based on the number of effects removed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: February 19, 2012, 11:02:56 am »

40 HP UP

BRING IT DEATH !!!!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: February 19, 2012, 11:06:01 am »

40 HP UP

BRING IT DEATH !!!!
Oh I will.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:36 am »

40 HP UP

BRING IT DEATH !!!!
you realise i still live beacause damage decreasing you will be killed by first best mage :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: February 19, 2012, 11:14:37 am »

>.> Darvi your Death's Understudy, not the real thing yet.

40 HP UP

BRING IT DEATH !!!!
you realise i still live beacause damage decreasing you will be killed by first best mage :P

My character uses brute strength, and speed to kill, so have damage decreasing stuff just doesn't make sense (Partially because I'm a werewolf, and we are resilient. Really what kind of demon is going to walk around wielding silver?)
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 288