Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Stronghold: Kingdoms  (Read 154303 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold: Kingdoms
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2011, 10:02:57 am »

No good. Large faction is there...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:06 am »

Yes i read on the forums its a place with a large aggressive faction from another server could be tough, we should ask Tyler6498 before setting up.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2011, 10:06:15 am »

They keep attacking my parish. IN SCOTLAND :o

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2011, 10:11:40 am »

A good number of us are in Ross-Shire.

Also I think there is a good deal of luck in how fast villages can grow... I know Fanofgaming is almost like double the points of me even though he started a bit after me. Either that or he's just better at this game then me. :P

Edit:Most parish attacks are for flags... Since flags spawn once at a random time every 24 hours some people just spam 5-unit attacks on every newby-looking parish.  Solution: Use the flag the moment it spawns.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:17:02 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2011, 10:12:46 am »

Hmm now I don't feel so bad about my early investment in defence. Just try and spend all your resources before they arrive and put up any cheap defence you can. If they keep not getting anything form you they will stop. (and probably send you a ally request)

Travian vet here :) Although this game is in BETA so they might have a way to break the system.

How many dorfs do we have in Scotland? TBH I was not really thinking about playing in Scotland...  (I live in Surrey in real life where my village is now)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:24:52 am by King Cow »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2011, 10:29:02 am »

A good number of us are in Ross-Shire.

Also I think there is a good deal of luck in how fast villages can grow... I know Fanofgaming is almost like double the points of me even though he started a bit after me. Either that or he's just better at this game then me. :P

Edit:Most parish attacks are for flags... Since flags spawn once at a random time every 24 hours some people just spam 5-unit attacks on every newby-looking parish.  Solution: Use the flag the moment it spawns.
A: the bugger sends an attack 24 hours before the spawn. B: Can't use it if I'm offline...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2011, 01:00:32 pm »

Omfgs what an idiot, guy takes steward, thinks our 50 peasants can defend the castle so he doesn't have to spend the flag, guy nearby attacks with a hoard of peasants, some pikemen and archer support... and he loses the flag...

I could of understanding him trying to defend the castle but use the bloody flag until you know you can fend off an attack.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:22:23 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2011, 01:27:52 pm »

Maybe he does not know what he is doing, my guy in the castle seems to be doing a good job. If I don't get raided to hell I might try and stay here but there are allot of large villages right next to me in surrey/dorking.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:03 pm »

Okay, Does going up a sub-rank give you research points?

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:02 pm »

I'm not 100% sure what it does but it unlocks new things to learn and build. You can buy point with gold, which you get from tax. But it's kinda slow process.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »

I know that going up a rank does that but SUB ranks are what I'm asking about.

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »

Okay, Does going up a sub-rank give you research points?

yes
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2011, 01:50:28 pm »

Thank you!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2011, 03:09:12 pm »

Maybe he does not know what he is doing, my guy in the castle seems to be doing a good job. If I don't get raided to hell I might try and stay here but there are allot of large villages right next to me in surrey/dorking.

There is some pretty strong hivemind stuff going on in the game. Unless everyone in your parish is in a clan and your not joining or are in an enemy clan, chances are they won't attack you. The more people in their parish, the better, because everyone helps the parish grow and in return the parish gives them perks.

Then there are groups of parishes. There usually aren't wars inside these groups aside from clans or personal grudges.

And then you have groups of those groups. Lots of wars, but clans taking over an entire county will usually mean no wars inside.

------------------------

Defending your castle is pretty easy. Go straight for archers and stone walls. Get some archers, and your safe. Attack sizes increase based on rank and a few other things, so just make sure your not losing more then 5 guys per fight (more more then you can replace easily) before you rank up.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2011, 03:20:40 pm »

What do you mean by sub-ranks?

So, if I abandon my village I'll lose everything?

I thought when you abandoned your village you got placed on the map randomly.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40