Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Evening 2, Town Almost-Flawless Victory]  (Read 36784 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia: Panda Edition [Day 1, 9/9]
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:50 pm »

Wait, let me get this straight - you think LNP is suspicious because you don't like how he scumhunts, but you vote Leafsnail for nitpicking on LNP's scumhunting? How exactly does that work?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2011, 03:11:40 pm »

Zrk2.

Would you mind being here? What would be a good thing for you to do right now? See following wall of text.

Why is it you're saying things, but not showing things? What is your information so far? See following wall of text.

What are you hiding? Nothing.

Unvote, vote Vector.

Furthermore, who do you think will be of greatest danger to the scum in this game?
The only benefit of this is to the scum, who can get other opinions on who they should NK.

Quote from: Vector
Vector: Why are you asking that third question? The only team that can benefit from it is scum, as you'll essentially be telling them the targets, and since we don't have a doctor or a cop, we can't use that info anyways as we have no way of reacting to it. Besides that, any thoughts on game and players?

In my personal model for how this game functions, the only purpose of RVS is to get people talking and see how they think on any question.  As for why I asked that particular question, I'm looking for hints of awkwardness/naturalness around being asked to assume a scummy mindset.

Also, NativeForeigner.
Vector says the only purpose of RVS is to provoke discussion, but her questions here do nothing to raise questions or provoke discussion, they just go towards establishing a meta. Where she says this:
Vector: Why are you asking that third question? The only team that can benefit from it is scum, as you'll essentially be telling them the targets, and since we don't have a doctor or a cop, we can't use that info anyways as we have no way of reacting to it. Besides that, any thoughts on game and players?

In my personal model for how this game functions, the only purpose of RVS is to get people talking and see how they think on any question.  As for why I asked that particular question, I'm looking for hints of awkwardness/naturalness around being asked to assume a scummy mindset.

I don't know, but i'd really prefer it didn't.

I believe that constitutes a slip.  Explain this statement.
No it doesn't, townies want to stay alive so they can hunt scum, it's hard to do that if they get lynched.

She has this claim of being 'rusty,' which she brings out early and often, so she can use it as a shield to defend herself against scumslips later.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is one of those scumslips: She tries to justify being passive as letting people drop scumtells, yet tries to push others to be more active. Scum, with a side of hipocrisy
I am certain that Jokerman and Zrk have been sidelining.  The latter has been performing some actions reminiscent of playing people off of each other.  I don't like the persistent "So, how do you feel about [PLAYER]" questions that have been flying around.  The latter also piggybacked off of my accusation of piggybacking and didn't exactly pay attention to LN's explanation >_>  It looks like an opportunistic vote.
Then why, oh why, are you not trying to push them any harder? You hardly push them as much as SaintDraze, and that's getting a whole lot accomplished.

I'm observing them.  Sometimes you have to push people as hard as you can, and sometimes you need to see what happens when they aren't under pressure.  A lot of people drop more tells when they think the water is fine, than when they think it's boiling.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2011, 03:24:46 pm »

I have read through the game 5 times in a row... I believe I have responded to everyones questions of me.

Nope. Respond to this, please.

Like Leafsnail says, he will jump on one thing and go into obsessive detail on it.

Eh, where?

Coming in a close second of people I wish I could vote is Web
His way of scumhunting is like LNPs...
Except good.
That doesn't mean that I don't dislike him this game...
His "why shouldn't you be lynched" hurt my feelers :(

Is that it? The only reason you want to lynch us is our methods?
And if I'm getting this right, you want to lynch Web for being good at hunting, and for hurting your feelings. What the hell? Why aren't you trying to lynch scum?

How ever the person I will vote for Is leafsnail
He Nitpicked on LNP's way of going about scumhunting a tad too much...
Who do you think is doing the best scum hunting LeafSnail?

Hypocrisy and indecisiveness. You're switching between two positions here; you're complaining about my methods, yet when Leafsnail does so it becomes a scumtell.

<snip>

Blatantly reactionary. You quickly jumped ship here when someone gave you some heat for your vote, without caring to explain why you did so, or explaining any of your past actions.

Again, mind giving your scumpicks (besides Vector) and read of the situation?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2011, 03:28:34 pm »

Dear SaintDraze:

You also haven't responded to this.

Well Vector My first question was just to question your opinion of the role...

The second was because I had to ask something :P

Because Apparently I am useless...

you mind answering it anyway?

... Passive, role-fishing, unopinionated, useless.  No, I'm not answering that.

UnvoteSaintDraze.

How is it that you, who usually has so many suspicions everywhere, has suddenly run out of them and can only ask about roles and night actions, your suspects limited to distancing tactics?

Ah, that's right.  You're scum.  That's why.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2011, 03:29:12 pm »

Coming in a close second of people I wish I could vote is Web
His way of scumhunting is like LNPs...
Except good.
That doesn't mean that I don't dislike him this game...
His "why shouldn't you be lynched" hurt my feelers :(

Saint has drawn my attention for the above post. How many times must you be told that good scumhunting isn't a scumtell?!?!?!?!

As well for a general sense of passivity.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2011, 03:35:55 pm »

Saint has drawn my attention for the above post. How many times must you be told that good scumhunting isn't a scumtell?!?!?!?!

Buddying, copying, potential distancing, overreaction, alignment with questioner, selection of easy targets, combined with lurking.

Scumbucket number two.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2011, 03:41:59 pm »

I am impressed by Zrk2's ability to mimic other people so well with such a straight face.

Copying LNCP

She has this claim of being 'rusty,' which she brings out early and often, so she can use it as a shield to defend herself against scumslips later.

Copying me

Also, you never answered me: Who are your top two scum picks and why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2011, 03:52:09 pm »

So, Vector, I haven't played a game with you before, but I've heard good things about you. Do you feel a little rusty? What do you think of playing in a less role heavy environment?

AUUUUUGH AND BUDDYING

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2011, 03:58:31 pm »

I believe that a player should always random vote as their first move....

Please explain this bullshit.

(Sorry for the multi-posting.  I keep on finding/remembering more stuff.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2011, 04:43:35 pm »

Spoiler: Replies to Toaster (click to show/hide)

Pay attention Vector. I mentioned it when you first brought it up.

I'm suspicious of you, SaintDraze, Wuba. Wuba because something about the post of his I mentioned seemed off. I'm still working on figuring out exactly what. SaintDraze because he's half-assing his answers. And you because you're lining up with what I'm looking for. You seem to be trying to get the most out of a small thing I said earlier. You continually bring it up so that eventually you can turn it into a big deal to get me lynched. Especially when I react to it.

So you did.  My fault.

I keep mentioning it because it feels off to me.  You won't get lynched over it unless you fuck up royally in the future, so I feel like your reaction to my pressure is strange--especially in light of your lack of questioning anyone else.  I'm not getting a strong scum read off of you, just a sort of... absence.  You aren't hunting, you're just sitting around and seeing what happens.  You don't comment on anything that happens that doesn't directly affect you.  I feel like you're sitting here, trying not to be noticed.

All of this worries me.  I know that there's only two scum flying around, but this worries me.

So, yeah, I'm going to keep on pressing you and needling you, because you're not scumhunting and your "joke" comes off kind of oddly.

Spoiler: Replies to Zrk2 (click to show/hide)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2011, 05:44:36 pm »

See, Zrk... I'm not really all for any of the things you're saying. Not only do I want Vector to be alive at least until Day 2, I would really, REALLY hope that you'd be giving her a fair trial. On the one hand, you suddenly popped into existence and gave us something to read. On the other hand, you popped out of nowhere and gave us crap to read.

Zrk2.

Would you mind being here? What would be a good thing for you to do right now? See following wall of text.

Why is it you're saying things, but not showing things? What is your information so far? See following wall of text.

Unvote, vote Vector.
Well isn't that nice. My post is so unimportant, it's answered in itself, followed by a vote. I feel like we accomplished a lot here.

Furthermore, who do you think will be of greatest danger to the scum in this game?
The only benefit of this is to the scum, who can get other opinions on who they should NK.
Ooo, close one. The answer we were really looking for was a person's name.

I don't find this question to be bad. In any way. This isn't bad. It gives about as much opinion on who to NK as READING THE THREAD TO SEE WHO IS ACTIVE. DUR. There IS potential for this question, especially if asked to a scum pre-death. Granted, not much, but I'm not willing to believe that Vector or anybody else is planning on killing someone based on that question.

So, that's one point utterly destroyed. This point proved that you have no idea what you're saying, which might be counter to your overall goal.

Quote from: Vector

Also, NativeForeigner.
Vector says the only purpose of RVS is to provoke discussion, but her questions here do nothing to raise questions or provoke discussion, they just go towards establishing a meta. Where she says this:
I deleted your extra quote, as you simply repasted the same one, and I couldn't tell what you were trying to prove.

In fact, she had more to say about NativeForeigner right above that quote, which seems to have been deleted, so as to make your argument appear somewhat less incompetent:
Wuba: Is Leafsnail really scum and you're his partner playing some sick joke you hope you can rub in our faces later?

Also, do you expect anything about this game to be different considering that all of the players are "experienced" in a BM setting?

PFP

How many games have you played here, and which were they?  How many times have you played scum?  Can you link me to the games in which you played scum?
I will agree that these questions are terrible, but the intention is to begin talking, and she DOES happen to get a conversation flowing with NativeForeigner, proving your point to be false. You have again failed to show how this makes Vector scum.

Now, if you had shown these questions and shown them to be terrible, I could agree with that. Your point, however, is moot, since she DOES provoke a discussion with NativeForeigner, if only a while afterward.

I don't know, but i'd really prefer it didn't.

I believe that constitutes a slip.  Explain this statement.
No it doesn't, townies want to stay alive so they can hunt scum, it's hard to do that if they get lynched.
I don't even know what you're trying to show with this post. If someone has to go back and look at the quote in question to figure out what it means, you did something wrong.

However, that doesn't even begin to say what was wrong with that post. First of all, Vector (supposedly, mind you, as I'm not Vector) misunderstood the quote to mean that the RNG shouldn't favor him (which might have something to do with being picked scum), which was in response to SaintDraze asking why the RNG favored him. Your response MAKES NO SENSE to either situation.

Not only that, but scum would equally like to live. Town want to live because their lynch wastes the Town's resources by not lynching Mafia. Scum want to live so that they win a Day earlier.

Your point thus needs either an explanation or doesn't exist. Which leads to my your next point:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is one of those scumslips: She tries to justify being passive as letting people drop scumtells, yet tries to push others to be more active. Scum, with a side of hipocrisy
I am certain that Jokerman and Zrk have been sidelining.  The latter has been performing some actions reminiscent of playing people off of each other.  I don't like the persistent "So, how do you feel about [PLAYER]" questions that have been flying around.  The latter also piggybacked off of my accusation of piggybacking and didn't exactly pay attention to LN's explanation >_>  It looks like an opportunistic vote.
Then why, oh why, are you not trying to push them any harder? You hardly push them as much as SaintDraze, and that's getting a whole lot accomplished.

I'm observing them.  Sometimes you have to push people as hard as you can, and sometimes you need to see what happens when they aren't under pressure.  A lot of people drop more tells when they think the water is fine, than when they think it's boiling.
This is about your only point you make, and it was mine. Not only that, but you had MY WHOLE POST to not only steal arguments from but to supplement them into your own post. You instead chose to make up your own arguments that are potentially nonexistent, but also really bad.

I can help but feel a little disappointed by that. You didn't put any effort into your post at all. Is this what you were working on while you were lurking? You can't even begin to call this evidence or even a reasonable support for your vote. I'm calling you out, pal. You either need to spend a bunch more time on this, or you need to unvote. Not that I'll unvote you any time soon. You haven't shown yourself to be an asset to the Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2011, 05:55:26 pm »

Wuba because something about the post of his I mentioned seemed off. I'm still working on figuring out exactly what.
That literally came out of nowhere and is just vague and unjustified enough to jump on board a bandwagon at any time.

I'm really pushing on WHAT it is that seemed off to you. Things don't just "seem off" for no reason. They have specific ways of being off. Like a picture seeming like it's sideways. Or colored wrong. Or the face is hideous, despite being incredibly gorgeous. It's some aspect that is funny, and your generalized way of "he seems off" is about as unsupported as you can get without just posting my name in blue.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2011, 06:17:50 pm »

See, Zrk... I'm not really all for any of the things you're saying. Not only do I want Vector to be alive at least until Day 2, I would really, REALLY hope that you'd be giving her a fair trial. On the one hand, you suddenly popped into existence and gave us something to read. On the other hand, you popped out of nowhere and gave us crap to read.

Zrk2.

Unvote, vote Vector.
Well isn't that nice. My post is so unimportant, it's answered in itself, followed by a vote. I feel like we accomplished a lot here.

That would be because there isn't much to accomplish there. What were you looking for?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2011, 06:47:56 pm »

Zrk2.

Unvote, vote Vector.

That would be because there isn't much to accomplish there. What were you looking for?
I was looking for a better attack than that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »

And I was, I dunno, looking for an actual response to my replies.

From you, Zrk2, who argues that I'm scum.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19