Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dog Waterfall  (Read 1816 times)

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dog Waterfall
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »

So I made a Tower with a Pasture on top and only 1 tile to fall off. Then put some 30 dogs on the pasture, maybe even more, got myself a dogsplosion.

Result:

Dogs raining next to my stairwell for my Dwarves to enjoy.
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Waterfall
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:55:02 pm »

*claps*
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:02:32 pm »

Reminds me of the babyfall...

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 06:39:21 pm »

I expect the dogs were fighting each other from being packed in so tightly and either getting knocked off or dodging into empty space.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:59 pm »

Coincidentally, any dwarves at the bottom of the dog-fall will quickly become desensitized to death.  This would probably work better by putting a nest box at the edge, so you have an auto reloading device as more birds go claim it, lay eggs, and the chicks start fighting.  Add walls to allow for tight area.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »

Could one also do this with wild animals?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 08:47:12 pm »

Probably not, because you can't stuff them into a tiny space.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:04:39 pm »

You could drop them through a hatch onto a tile surrounded by empty space and a long drop.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:21 pm »

Do wild animals fight each other when confined?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 09:57:12 pm »

I don't know. Do they eat, or does that only happen when they're tamed?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 09:58:34 pm »

Only tame animals need to eat, and only ones with the [GRAZER] tag.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 04:03:10 am »

Intelligent creatures too, ala tigermen.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 08:11:34 pm »

I just got a message about a badger not being enraged. The badgers spawned right in the corner of the map next to a stream (one of them's stuck behind a tree, lol), and there's a narrow corridor formed by the stream and trees which allowed them to cramp up together.

So, unlike the eating code, the crowding code seems to be active at all times for animals.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 08:29:20 pm »

Rage is it's own thing.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 08:46:50 pm »

So, unlike the eating code, the crowding code seems to be active at all times for animals.
Are you using the latest version?  Badgers in 31.22 have a new tag that makes them occasionally get enraged for no reason.
Pages: [1] 2