Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705314 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2010 on: November 13, 2011, 03:14:35 pm »

Well if that's your concern then it's obviously impossible to implement said class.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 13, 2011, 03:17:31 pm »

Yep. No Chameleon for you. :3 (Seriously, all Shifter/Shapeless does is allow you to transform into a few preset classes that are powerful to make up for the Primal tree's lack of equipment.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 13, 2011, 03:21:09 pm »

Fuck my snarkasm tags were broken.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 13, 2011, 03:45:36 pm »

With the exception of the Laguz in Radiant Dawn (basically the Primal class in this RTD) 99.9% of the characters were normal humans... so yeah, no dwarves or elves or the like....
No dwarf .... :'( Why must you be so cruel

"fuck this. let's be friends."
:P
"Dwarves don't stop EVER !! Unless we drink to much, which happens rarely, or we get shot in the toe .."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 13, 2011, 03:46:14 pm »

You could be a Tyrion-type dwarf, that is, a very short and malformed human.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 13, 2011, 06:21:22 pm »

"fuck this. let's be friends."
:P
"Dwarves don't stop EVER !! Unless we drink to much become sober, which happens all too commonly, or we get shot in the toe .."
[/quote]
Fixed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 13, 2011, 06:38:56 pm »

Ah thank you :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:23 pm »

Regarding my Agency idea earlier;

I'm not really sure how to handle the budget and general economy of the player Agency. If I make it too complex and it's just a hellish amount of maths for the players. Right now I've basically got the Director assigns sections of the budget to the Quartermaster, Head of Research and backup funds/Operative use. Gear and things the HoR has already researched are manufactured for free, but more advanced stuff needs to be either bought on the black market/stolen from someone else by the Quartermaster until they've been researched as well. Anyone have any suggestions for this? The Quartermaster really has the most work here even if it doesn't sound like it, having to get his hands on new equipment and assign existing stuff to the agents under his command (and also stop Operatives from taking whatever they want from the armoury).

I don't have anything on how research is actually made, either. I was thinking that the HoR can allocate the funds he gets to different research projects (Small Arms Mk II, Miniaturized Surveillance Gear, etc etc), but the amount of research projects he can start depends on the size of his staff. Increasing the size also costs funds.

Maybe I could give a +1 to the research roll by every [AMOUNT OF MONEY] fed into the project. For example, something could take 12 research points to finish, and a dice roll of 1d6 with bonuses from money would be made every turn, and progress made by that amount.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 15, 2011, 05:08:03 am »

Fire Emblem RTD status, just to let you guys know I haven't forgotten it:

Backstory & Introductory Post: 7% (Jotted down a paragraph or two on the story)
Countries: 10% (This can wait a little longer until I finish the class/combat mechanics, but I have a general idea of the continent the RTD will take place on)
Rules: ?% (Still no work done, since it's literally the least important part. Everybody knows the usual rules anyway.)
Stats: 100%? (Still not sure if I like them yet. I'll have to wait until I finish the classes and run a test battle or two to see how it goes.)
Class Trees: 30% (Recruit Tree is almost completely finished and currently totals 17 classes; Primal Tree still needs work done on stats. Thief Tree is next on the list to be worked on.)
Combat: ?% (Will be worked on once I'm certain of classes and stats; if they don't work then combat won't either. I do have ideas though.)
Skills: 20% (Skills gained along the Recruit Tree have been noted down.)
Weapons: 40% (Recruit weapons and armor have all been noted; still need the magic books and staves for Student Tree and add a few extra weapon types for Thief and Cavalier Trees.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 15, 2011, 05:09:57 am »

Mind if I helped you with that? I have spent quite some time studying the mechanics of the actual games (all the better to exploit them) and won't be joining anyway unless I'd miraculously obtained a laptop in the next few days.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 15, 2011, 05:16:50 am »

I've enlisted the help of two people already, but I'm not going to turn down a third offer. :P Whatcha got?

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 15, 2011, 06:08:38 am »

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me running a RTD about being the guards in a town pillaged by bandits, Ive been kinda working on the mechanics and It's almost ready to go, I'm just gauging interest before I start it up.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 15, 2011, 06:35:43 am »

I've enlisted the help of two people already, but I'm not going to turn down a third offer. :P Whatcha got?
Eh, mostly items and skills I guess, since you seem to be lacking in those. (Also, how will magic be handled? Just Dark/Anima/Light or also the Fire/Lit/Wind trinity?) Maybe some balancing as that's always a touchy issue. Not so much fluff, but you probably got that already covered once everything else is done.

Also, just as an aside, there must be a country for myrmidons, Peg knights and Wyvern riders respectively, so you gotta account for that too.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 15, 2011, 06:45:14 am »

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me running a RTD about being the guards in a town pillaged by bandits, Ive been kinda working on the mechanics and It's almost ready to go, I'm just gauging interest before I start it up.

Probably yes? I'd certainly give it a go.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 15, 2011, 08:47:02 am »

Looks neat, Serious, though you get the glare of disapproval for all humans. Can we at least ride giant scorpions or have a pet daemon or something?

Really looking forward to seeing what's in that magic tree too. Also willing to help out if you need anything, though I'm not very familiar with FE.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 661