Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702442 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2011, 12:00:17 am »

No sympathy. It was a Luck roll. ::)

Punchy response aside, the only argument I can possibly see for Luck rolls is to make it where the players don't always succeed... but you can easily do that by applying penalties the stronger the spell they're casting is.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:01:52 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2011, 12:17:09 am »

-I want luck rolls!-
Hmmmm, how would you feel then if I kept luck rolls for you only? I mean, you really sound like you want luck rolls.
D:

Though, being able to drastically boost spell power in exchange for tacking a luck roll on would totally be something I'd want.

Seriously dude. I hate luck rolls. I can't say it any plainer than that. And as for everybody in the Westlands being a mage... did you look at the later characters like Dwarmin's? You notice something? They don't use magic. Draignean is the only sane one out of the first gen characters; everyone else jumped on being a mage because there's a lot of schools of magic and it was an easy way to differentiate your character. You know, like you're the necromancer and Tolyk's the polymorpher, etc.
The waiting list contains a charming impossible-to-hit dagger rogue and a chaos mage/necromancer who beats people with a spellbook. The non-originals contain, aside from you, a monk with melee, ranged, and spell abilities, a polymorpher who also has a longsword, and a melee guy with high cha and no defense. It's fair to say there's more melee focus than with the starters, but I'm not seeing this overwhelming shift to useful, non-magic characters in the new blood.

Perhaps more importantly, the existent characters don't seem any more prone to going mundane than they were when we started. If magic obviously sucked, you'd expect even the existing characters to start using something else, especially the ones who already had some of the skill and gear needed for it. But aside from Darvi actually using his weapons somewhat and Dwarmin's fire antics not really working, that's not what's happened- I'm still happily a necromancer, TolyK's still mutating people, etc.

Anyway if luck's included I'll probably not join. All a Luck roll does is get you excited you rolled a good number, only to snatch it away and use that number to do the exact opposite of what you wanted. I don't mind failing a roll. Ghost Wake kicked my ass in the RTD you mentioned and I didn't so much as blink an eye... because it wasn't like it was an even contest and then OUT OF NOWHERE I roll unlucky once and that's the end of it. There's already enough variation in rolling dice that you don't need to randomize the random result. It just sucks.
I'm not sure I understand the distinction between failing a luck roll and a normal one. Doing the exact opposite of what you want is usually reserved for [Luck 1], which is a 1/6 chance. For you to get a good roll and then have that happen is roughly half that, so one out of twelve. The rest of the time should be low-rolling failure, relatively normal failure, or some degree of success, and I'm not sure why the fact that it's unmodified or a secondary roll is enough to make the whole thing utterly unpalatable.

Similarly, "OUT OF NOWHERE I DIE" is more an issue with game fatality in general than luck rolls. It can help, certainly, but only to the extent that [6][Luck 1] or [1][Luck 1] is worse than just [1], which is, as I've said, more a style choice.

Everyones a mage because auto-attacking as a melee fighter on a forum game really sucks.
Now that I think about it, I'd like to avoid that too. Hrm... :-\

The big thing is, it turns the whole RPG system on it's head-usually, you get stronger as you level up and beat enemies, but the advent of the Luck Roll means you'll always suck, no matter how strong you get, FOREVER.
I think you're overstating this. You still get stronger, there's just always a chance of failure, catastrophic or otherwise. I mean, would melee combat suck if there was always a chance of missing, no matter how much damage you did on a hit?

Also, DAMN YOU SERIOUS FOR TVTROPES I NOW HAVE 8 TABS OPEN AAARRRRGGGHHHH I WAS WORKING ON THE RULES YOU ASSHOLE
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice job, Serious. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2011, 12:40:31 am »

You're underestimating the problem. On a LR of 1, bad things happen. On LR of 2, your roll fails, no matter how good it was. On 3-5, nothing changes, good or bad. On a 6, bad things happen. You have a 1/3 chance of screwing yourself and the other players over and a 1/6 chance of wasting your turn, which is almost equally as egregious. Failing a normal roll is just a failure; I rolled a 1, I can live with that. Even if I'm trying to cast a hard spell and the resulting negative modifiers take me down to where it fails, again, that was my choice to try it and I've got no one to blame but myself. But if I roll really good, if I cast that +3 spell and make it, I WANT THAT SPELL. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE AN ARBITRARY 1 OR 2 SPRING UP AFTER IT AND WASTE MY TURN OR HURT MY ALLIES. It is not fun or entertaining; it just sours my mood and makes me wonder why I should bother continuing on.

To go back to the Westlands, I can take Chaos Mutations. That's a penalty for doing dumb things or hanging around irradiated areas, and it's only temporary if you want it to be/survive long enough to where you can get rid of them. No problem, if you get one you like you can even keep it. Powerful spells have such high modifiers you need a high skill to cast them. Again, no problem, if you wanted to cast them start with weak ones and work your way up. The problem comes from the fact there is absolutely no way to prevent bad luck from happening. I would gladly take a 'luckless' penalty that completely prevented me from, say, doing critical hits if it also prevented me from ever needing a single luck roll.

The big thing is, it turns the whole RPG system on it's head-usually, you get stronger as you level up and beat enemies, but the advent of the Luck Roll means you'll always suck, no matter how strong you get, FOREVER.
I think you're overstating this. You still get stronger, there's just always a chance of failure, catastrophic or otherwise. I mean, would melee combat suck if there was always a chance of missing, no matter how much damage you did on a hit?
There's already a chance of failure. You don't need to stack the deck even further. For example, CvRTD: Ahra's got a mighty +4 defense. He can still be hit and killed. I don't need to add an arbitrary luck roll to the enemy attack, whichwould be like: 3 vs 7+4; Luck 5, looks like your defense doesn't matter at all because this second roll here was good, and you have no chance of countering it or blocking it or doing anything about it. You get hit and that's that.

If I was him I would feel bitter about it. A stupid little arbitrary number completed negated all the time I had put into that character, and made it pointless to raise his defense. Now if Malleus were fighting a powerful enemy and the rolls went 6+3 vs 3+4, if I was his player I wouldn't mind that as much. Eh, it's a powerful enemy, of course it's going to hit every once in a while. The difference is small, but it's distinct. It's true that for specializing so much he suffers in other areas; if he gets into a situation where he needs to be mobile he's going to suffer severe penalties, but that's how he built the character. If he falls to his death it's not because he's playing some epic level acrobat who rolled bad on his luck and died jumping from platform to platform when he should've been able to clear it, even if only by a little; it's because he's a knight in heavy armor trying to jump from platform to platform when clearly he couldn't make it but chose to leap anyway.

I don't know if I'm stating my point clearly or not, but I hope so. :-\

Also, DAMN YOU SERIOUS FOR TVTROPES I NOW HAVE 8 TABS OPEN AAARRRRGGGHHHH I WAS WORKING ON THE RULES YOU ASSHOLE
Post what you've got so far or it didn't happen, Tarran. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2011, 12:46:11 am »

Post what you've got so far or it didn't happen, Tarran. ^^
This is as far as I got. Not a whole lot changed. All thanks to you, you ass. >_>

Still on 6 TVTropes tabs... slowly running out of interesting things to read fortunately.

Spoiler: Chaos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic schools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon effectiveness. (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2011, 12:54:14 am »

Only suggestion I have is maybe leaving some of the bonuses as they are since .5 is unwieldy to calculate and instead slowing down progression more, like having 1-3 give no points to the skill, 4 give 1, 5 give 2, and 6 give 3 EXP. And yes, I am an ass. :3 But I'll own up to it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2011, 12:58:43 am »

.5 isn't actually all that difficult. Just roll one dice, if it's at or above 4, you get the bonus. It takes seconds, and I'm already doing it with skills. 1/4ths are a lot more tedious, but it's still one roll.

Slowing down progression for skills isn't the biggest problem, it's the stats that lead to too much bonuses mostly. Everyone is min-maxing and gaining ridiculous bonuses. I'm trying to lessen them and penalize min-ing.

But I am going to lessen skill bonuses. No, I will not slow down progression because then you guys will complain about too slow progression, again, and you will also level up too slow.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2011, 01:04:03 am »

^^ All right. So... how's it going so far? :3

*wanders off to run C IV turn, reminds himself to poke Draignean for CvRTD turn*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2011, 01:08:45 am »

Up to 7 TVTropes tabs, eyes blurring a little from reading. No more progress.

All your fault.

On another note, yay for another turn for your RTD!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:56 am »

I like writing for it. ^^ Still doesn't stop me from glancing through TVTropes myself and checking the updated topics list, though...

That's right, I should probably update the first post with something about the combat...

Er. That sounded a bit foreboding. Actually I'm taking Dwarmin's advice about auto-attacking and adding some things you can do during a fight to keep it a bit more interesting.

Last edit, I swear: OK, finished that. I added the ability to call shots, disarm opponents, and force criticals. Any other ideas to mix up combat a little?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:38:07 am by SeriousConcentrate »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2011, 03:46:09 am »

Slowing down progression for skills isn't the biggest problem, it's the stats that lead to too much bonuses mostly. Everyone is min-maxing and gaining ridiculous bonuses. I'm trying to lessen them and penalize min-ing.
Maybe you should replace attribute numbers and modifiers with modifiers and exp, with higher levels costing more.

So for instance, currently every 8 SLP you gain 2 stat points, and every 5 or 10 points you gain +1 to related rolls. What if instead, every X SLP you gained Y stat points, but the points needed for your next +1 depended on what the bonus was already at. Maybe to go from +0 to +1 took two points, +1 to +2 took four, +2 to +3 was six, etc. Eventually you'd get to the point where players would have to ask themselves- do they want another +1 to spellcasting, or +4 to dodging?

The only trouble, of course, is that progression would slow down. Potentially you could do it in reverse- your other stats get cheaper the higher the ones you're buying are- but that might be a bit wonky.

You're underestimating the problem. On a LR of 1, bad things happen. On LR of 2, your roll fails, no matter how good it was. On 3-5, nothing changes, good or bad. On a 6, bad things happen. You have a 1/3 chance of screwing yourself and the other players over and a 1/6 chance of wasting your turn, which is almost equally as egregious.
Whoa whoa whoa, I object to a lot of that. There's a difference between 3, 4, and 5, and a 6 isn't just a 1 in disguise- it's so good that it has consequences, not just lol u fail. There's a 1/6 chance of screwing yourself over, a 1/6 chance of wasting your turn, a 1/6 chance of kind of doing some of what you wanted, a 1/6 chance of doing what you wanted, a 1/6 chance of doing even better than expected, and a 1/6 chance of doing more than you wanted to the point where it might be a problem. Sure, that leaves a 1/2 chance of something "bad" happening, but at least a 1/2 chance of something good, and more like 2/3 that you'll make progress.

More to the point, though, I'm not sure what this has to do with luck as opposed to rolls in general.

Failing a normal roll is just a failure; I rolled a 1, I can live with that. Even if I'm trying to cast a hard spell and the resulting negative modifiers take me down to where it fails, again, that was my choice to try it and I've got no one to blame but myself. But if I roll really good, if I cast that +3 spell and make it, I WANT THAT SPELL. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE AN ARBITRARY 1 OR 2 SPRING UP AFTER IT AND WASTE MY TURN OR HURT MY ALLIES. It is not fun or entertaining; it just sours my mood and makes me wonder why I should bother continuing on.

To go back to the Westlands, I can take Chaos Mutations. That's a penalty for doing dumb things or hanging around irradiated areas, and it's only temporary if you want it to be/survive long enough to where you can get rid of them. No problem, if you get one you like you can even keep it. Powerful spells have such high modifiers you need a high skill to cast them. Again, no problem, if you wanted to cast them start with weak ones and work your way up.
Again, you're very clear that you loathe bad luck rolls, but make no real mention of how they're different from regular rolls gone awry. It sounds like you either feel you're being taunted by having a high roll within a bad result, or simply object to the notion of having to roll at all. If it's the former, I'm not sure how that's different from rolling a high attack roll but having your enemy roll a higher dodge roll (or vice versa). I'm not sure how it could be the latter.

The problem comes from the fact there is absolutely no way to prevent bad luck from happening. I would gladly take a 'luckless' penalty that completely prevented me from, say, doing critical hits if it also prevented me from ever needing a single luck roll.
Well, let me ask you then- how would you feel about a 'rollless' penalty that stopped you from ever failing by simply automatically accomplishing what you should statistically do per turn?

There's already a chance of failure. You don't need to stack the deck even further. For example, CvRTD: Ahra's got a mighty +4 defense. He can still be hit and killed. I don't need to add an arbitrary luck roll to the enemy attack, whichwould be like: 3 vs 7+4; Luck 5, looks like your defense doesn't matter at all because this second roll here was good, and you have no chance of countering it or blocking it or doing anything about it. You get hit and that's that.
Again, I'm not sure how this differs from: 6+4 vs 8+3; aw, you missed, looks like your attack and damage don't matter at all because the second roll here was good, and you have no chance of following up or attacking again or getting ready to counter or anything. You miss and that's it.

I would also like to point out that every one and thing in the game is beholden to the same rules, so it's not like your enemies would be wearing a trollface, flawlessly casting spells at you while you fumble yours because lolplayer.

If I was him I would feel bitter about it. A stupid little arbitrary number completed negated all the time I had put into that character, and made it pointless to raise his defense.
Again, this section is pretty much perfect for replacing "luck roll" with "skill roll" to get the same result. It's not pointless just because it doesn't work every time.

Now if Malleus were fighting a powerful enemy and the rolls went 6+3 vs 3+4, if I was his player I wouldn't mind that as much. Eh, it's a powerful enemy, of course it's going to hit every once in a while. The difference is small, but it's distinct. It's true that for specializing so much he suffers in other areas; if he gets into a situation where he needs to be mobile he's going to suffer severe penalties, but that's how he built the character. If he falls to his death it's not because he's playing some epic level acrobat who rolled bad on his luck and died jumping from platform to platform when he should've been able to clear it, even if only by a little; it's because he's a knight in heavy armor trying to jump from platform to platform when clearly he couldn't make it but chose to leap anyway.
For anything that isn't guaranteed- that is, doesn't need a roll at all- there's still going to be the chance for Malleus to get hit by 8-2 vs 1+4, or a legendary acrobat to roll 1+9 vs DC 12. Either is going to be infuriating, because either is extremely unlikely, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen, or else, as I've said, it just means you didn't need to be rolling for it at all. Same thing with rolling poorly several times in a row, or an enemy rolling well in succession- of course it's "not right" on some level, but would you advocate disabling that somehow?

Furthermore, we're mostly talking about internal rolls here. It's not a goblin running up to you and forcing you to make a not-die check that you're unlikely to pass, it's you deciding you want to make some lava or summon a dire wolf or suck the life from an enemy, and then either succeeding to various degrees, failing, or occasionally making things worse as the dice command.

I don't know if I'm stating my point clearly or not, but I hope so. :-\
You're getting across that you're frustrated and infuriated by luck rolls quite well, but the exact reasons aren't quite so clear. It sounds a lot like your issue is just that the odds are too low- you feel a warrior should hit at least X% of the time or dodge no fewer than Y% of the time, and luck rolls take casting beyond acceptable limits. There's heavy, heavy overtones of them being unfair in some manner beyond that, but you're not really explaining the difference between, say, 50% skill hit and 50% luck hit, and a flat 25% hit chance. You also seem to say that Die+Modifier is acceptable but Just Die is unfair, but again don't really distinguish between different methods with the same odds. I guess I understand that rolling the [5] in [5][Luck 2] is irritating, but I've never considered it "I've been cheated" or "The GM/RNG is making fun of me" level enraging, and as mentioned you don't explain how it's different from the [5] in [5] vs [6].
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »

TL;DR

More or less the core of my argument is that applying Luck to every roll makes it where it's even more boring than automatically succeeding at everything, which I wouldn't want either. You might as well just play some random schmuck off the street since they would have fully as good a chance at doing anything as someone who's trained for it all their lives; I only hate Luck rolls when they're applied to every single action you take. If they're used sparingly (like in Dev 22, although they're becoming a little more prevalent there :-\) then I don't mind.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2011, 03:09:25 pm »

(like in Dev 22, although they're becoming a little more prevalent there :-\)

Once I actually swing the system update and add skills for observance, reflexes, finesse, and an overhaul of the psionics. As well as an overhaul to enemy skills and a unified chart for hostiles and add-ons.

I actually got pissed by the number of luck rolls I've been having to make, rolls for Crits (Which are going to bottleneck and become impossible to make soon enough if I don't govern it with a skill.), rolls for determining whether or not you get a saving throws, etc. So I've been making skills to determine all of them, luck will get relegated to determining the outcome of matching rolls.

I'm with serious on this one, luck should be used for determining the outcome of two equal and opposing forces.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2011, 03:33:30 pm »

Yeah, I've been meaning to update my RTDs today but I've been reading Dev22 from the beginning instead of writing. Up to page 153 now. ^^; I had noticed that trend though, that most of the time in the earlier sections luck came in when it was like (Melee 2+2 vs Dodge 3+1), which is a perfectly acceptable use of Luck in my opinion. ^^

QuickEdit: Moar skills? :3 Sounds good.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2011, 06:46:04 pm »

I think there's a basic difference in our understanding of the Luck roll.
I agree. You seem to be under the impression that it arbitrarily replaces skill rolls.

Even if I build a character to be, say, a ninja, and he dies because I tried sneaking into a heavily guarded facility that was just a little too hard for him, I'm fine with it, it was my mistake. I should've planned better and made some basic preparations like learn the layout, the guard routes, shut down the cameras, etc. Now I gotta think of a new character, but, y'know. That's my fault, not the GM's.
Like this. You keep giving these examples where the idea is that you failed because you made bad decisions, not because you got particularly unlucky. But we're talking about luck rolls versus regular rolls, not rolls versus stat comparisons. If your point was that it's less likely that your master ninja will die because he rolled poorly I could sort of understand your point, except that doesn't directly have anything to do with how dangerous sneaking into a facility is- it certainly implies that succeeding will be harder, but it's just as easy to have a straight skill system where even a "master" is likely to fail.

The problem I have is that the Luck roll completely negates every single choice you made during character creation, and makes advancement of any sort pointless. Depending on that roll, a master thief, who has spent years plying his trade, is just as good at hacking computers as a child who can't even spell his name yet. An archmage has the same chance of accidentally calling Cthulu when casting a basic light spell as the warrior who just picked up a spell book and randomly read out a passage, despite most likely pronouncing all the eldritch words wrong and having no MP to cast with in the first place, has a chance of casting a semi-decent fireball spell.
No, it doesn't. A master thief might roll [1+3][Luck 2] and hack the computer but not be able to accomplish what he was after or succeed but alert security, whereas a child might roll [6-4][Luck 5] and not accomplish anything except for noticing a nearby grate to sneak through or simply not alerting anyone to his attempt. Luck rolls modify skill rolls, they don't override them.

Let me try this as an example. Let's say you're playing an RPG and are grinding an enemy for the loot he drops. There's a percentage chance he'll drop anything at all, let's say 5%. Of that 5%, there's a 50% chance what he drops is a crappy item you don't want, 30% one that you don't want but can at least sell, 15% a good item for a class you don't use, and 5% chance of dropping the item you're after. You grind for hours and hours and hours for days on end but never get the item you want. A while later you get the chance to look at the source code and find out that, after the drop rate is rolled, after the item dropped is rolled, there's a third roll that has a probability to make it where he doesn't drop an item (1) or downgrades it one level on the list (2), drops what was rolled (3-5), or makes him drop a lot of GP instead (6).
In this example, the only reasons that could possibly be an issue are:

1. The rates are lower than you want. This is a design choice, and has nothing whatsoever to do with how the game calculates the odds.

2. The documentation has lied to you. This is also a design... feature, and similarly has nothing at all to do with the method of calculating odds, other than maybe being complex enough to have caused the mistake.

So you have 50% of 5% of 5% of actually getting the result you want, or roughly 0.125% chance of getting the item... with absolutely no way to change that for the better. There's no stat you can put points into or item you can equip to raise that by even 0.005%. No matter what you do, you will always have that low chance of success.
All of this was always true. There was no Better Loot stat, there were no Increase Drops items, and there were no More Items skills. And even if there were, they'd still increase your drop rates like they were supposed to; the only way they wouldn't is if this tertiary roll is somehow unknown and therefore uncompensated for by the developers, in which case you've got deeper issues.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2011, 06:48:17 pm »

I'll go by my personal experience in the Westlands, which is Luck DOES override skill. There is no other explanation for a Healing spell becoming a Necromancy spell. If that's not the way you intend it to work then we're clearly not on the same page at all. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 661