Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702188 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1920 on: November 08, 2011, 09:02:49 pm »

I prefer the nineties. Ah, the days of youth. And the days when we weren't being evicted left and right and there wasn't so much yelling.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 08, 2011, 09:17:53 pm »

So, Gatleos thinks I should start the Eternal RTD game thread, while he'll start the discussion thread. This sounds fine.

We'll apparently be using my system of [Attacker d6] - [Defender d6] = [Damage]

The theme... will be time-traveling-Hitler-fighting-Superhero-Squad? Or is that just the Crazy Minority mentioning it'd be awesome (and crazy)?

Do we know who's running it first yet?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 08, 2011, 09:19:59 pm »

I think only four people said one way or the other about the team, and basically it was 3y-1n. And no one knows who's doing the first arc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 09, 2011, 02:56:45 am »

Alright, here is the game as it will be posted later. Anyone have any problems with it? (Speak now or forever hold your peace.)

Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)

You are a resident of Arkham, a city located in Essex Missouri. That's irrelevant however considering that you're not going to be leaving Arkham and it's surrounding countryside for a while.

You have received the above letter, it was quite clearly addressed to you, though the name of the man sending it is unfamiliar. Of course it didn't help that you seem to have developed a strong case of morning amnesia, you're having trouble remembering your own name...

What is your name anyway?

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Age (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Professions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaining levels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fighting (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:09:58 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: November 09, 2011, 03:07:12 am »

I think only four people said one way or the other about the team, and basically it was 3y-1n. And no one knows who's doing the first arc.

I thought the crazy majority said yes, and I also thought Gatleos volunteered for the first arc.

Remember, if we went with my setting I would only be controlling the first part of the story.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:13:07 am by lawastooshort »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:47 am »

Did you say that was taking place in the 80's, Draignean? Your professions seems to want it to be in the 30-50's :P
Love, scriver~

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: November 09, 2011, 03:45:21 am »

Looks good Draignea, course every RTD you do is good...And I'm a noob at making RTD's so my opinion ain't worth much. I've prepared a sheet for the moment you post!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:01 am »

Ooh, neat. I wasn't really interested in a Cthulhu horror game until I saw that.

One question though, is the benefit from Wisdom retroactive? If it's not, I'd probably need a lot of willpower to avoid maxing it because otherwise I'm losing points oh god.

Also, twelve year old private eye was the first character that popped into my head. Just sayin'.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 09, 2011, 06:24:09 am »

Hah, I've something like that rattling in my head too.

I'll do like Micelus and prep a sheet for when and if you do make it happen. ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 09, 2011, 06:27:11 am »

...The char I prepared is a kid, though child-child. And here I thought nobody would want to make a kid and that that was the safest bet of not making the same kind of character anyone else did.

Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 09, 2011, 06:59:21 am »

I prepared a pair of happy young fiances who are almost certainly doomed to madness and horror. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 09, 2011, 08:11:33 am »

Oh, good. I thought I was the only one making an adult. (33 year old college professor FTW. Unfortunately all my time playing Fallout New Vegas made me min-max Wisdom for da skeel pointz. :<)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:03 am »

My guy is very balanced mostly, with higher mental skills, alot in Solve Enigmas and Detect Patterns.

Don't step on my toes. :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 09, 2011, 08:20:04 am »

My progressive reaction.
*Views Age* Seems simple enough...
*Views profession* Hrm, this might be difficult.
*Stats* Holy crap, uh...
*Skills* Oh hell, thats massive!

I wonder if I can roll up Old man Henderson...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: November 09, 2011, 08:24:17 am »

Uh. Crap. Yeah, my guy is weak physically, strong mentally as well... CLARIFICATION EDIT: Specifically, 90 Knowledge, 75 Solve Enigma, 50 Lore and Dodge, 35 Detect Pattern, 30 Persuasion & Gather Information, 25 Mechanical, and 15 Orate.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:35:19 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 661