Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702165 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2730 on: December 07, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

Forgotten RTD

Spoiler: Intro (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Setting Description (click to show/hide)

Well I keep getting this idea popping into my head, and distracting me, so I am going to create the system for it in case anyone wants to use. (And also, so I can get the idea out of my head.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 07, 2011, 09:42:24 pm »

So, I guess I have a confession to make. Those evolving demon and dark lord RTD ideas? Buried under Dungeon Keeper pangs. I'm too busy to start such a thing anytime soon, but Roll To Be A Dungeon Keeper (not actual name) is tentatively in the works.

In hopefully mostly unrelated news, whatever happened to those Diablo and Fire Emblem RTD plans?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 07, 2011, 09:45:15 pm »

The FE RtD is still in the warehouse for the time being. It'll come about when SC has the time.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:25:57 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 07, 2011, 09:47:52 pm »

It was temporarily buried due to the end of the college semester coming up and all that THAT entails. I need to register for next semester soon, too. :\ Uh, anyway, I plan to start work on that again soon. So, yeah. It's not forgotten, just back-burner'd due to necessary complications. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 07, 2011, 10:21:59 pm »

So, I guess I have a confession to make. Those evolving demon and dark lord RTD ideas? Buried under Dungeon Keeper pangs. I'm too busy to start such a thing anytime soon, but Roll To Be A Dungeon Keeper (not actual name) is tentatively in the works.
Eh, 'tis okay. I guess... I'm pretty sure we can wait.

The FE RtD is still in the warehouse for the time being. It'll come about when SC has the time.
*Cough* You missed a letter thar. Your sentence sounds kinda... childish without that letter. Just saying. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: December 07, 2011, 10:26:16 pm »

What missing letter? >.>
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 08, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »

I hate to admit this, but I believe Trickster - RTD may have got the better of me. Unless I get a Co-Gm I am not sure I can continue to run it as it takes me 2 hours just to get two players actions rolled for, fluff typed up, and inventory adjusted. Then it takes another two hours to adjust those players statuses, and the NPCs.

So in short unless anyone wants to help me by CO-GMing Trickster ... well you know

:(

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: December 08, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »

I hate to admit this, but I believe Trickster - RTD may have got the better of me. Unless I get a Co-Gm I am not sure I can continue to run it as it takes me 2 hours just to get two players actions rolled for, fluff typed up, and inventory adjusted. Then it takes another two hours to adjust those players statuses, and the NPCs.

So in short unless anyone wants to help me by CO-GMing Trickster ... well you know

This is a major problem with GMing in general. This has affected all my games, and even my latest try, one that was supposed to be "quick" and "fun" The players get to type up a one or two line response, and the GM has to type at least 10 paragraphs + edit a bunch of status/inventory/flavor texts.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 08, 2011, 05:31:52 pm »

This is a major problem with GMing in general. This has affected all my games, and even my latest try, one that was supposed to be "quick" and "fun" The players get to type up a one or two line response, and the GM has to type at least 10 paragraphs + edit a bunch of status/inventory/flavor texts.

And afterwards they only spend 30 seconds reading it!!!!!1 GMs should post in Latin so players have to spend a bit of time over it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 08, 2011, 05:33:31 pm »

... eheheheheh...

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:21 pm »

And afterwards they only spend 30 seconds reading it!!!!!1 GMs should post in Latin so players have to spend a bit of time over it.

A bit snarky, but OK. I don't expect every player to write a novella for every single move. I like to run games that are interesting and fun for me, and hopefully the players will find it that way too. But some players get the mindset that they are OWED a game. That they are OWED constant updates. That they can play 25 forum games at once, but god forbid they ever RUN one. I have observed this behavior in many games, and not just my own. This is my real issue, not so much the fact of the time disparity.

lawastooshort is not guilty of this - this is a player (he? she? Not relevant.) that has been a very good player in many games and has ran some of the most successful and interesting games.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: December 08, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

It wasn't meant to be snarky, apologies - I have genuinely spent hours writing a turn ONLY FOR A PLAYER TO POST WITHIN ONE MINUTE of me posting the bloody thing (or at least it feels like it).

Gah!

and edit:
I suppose I should feel honoured, really, that my rtd is being looked out for, or that my players are getting into their character, or that it's fun, or something, when someone posts a reply to my turn so quick, but, really, when you've just laboured over the actions and the writing for hours and re-read it probably ten times altogether, even, shamefully whisper it, googled a word just to make sure you didn't waste all those years at university, and even worried about whether I should include that comma or not, and not got other more important work done because you care about the game you're running and the players in it, well... gah.

and another edit:
Which is surprising that more people don't try GMing, because, you know, from a player point of view it's hard to see just how much time goes into it, to make something as good as you can in the time you get free, and also unsurprising that lots of games don't last that long when people try GMing and realise it takes quite a lot of etc and so forth.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:05:58 pm by lawastooshort »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: December 08, 2011, 06:08:21 pm »

Yep it is time consuming, but for the most part those people who Gm find it fun (I do to. I love GMing my games I just usually make the things to complex for my own good at the moment.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 08, 2011, 06:12:45 pm »

Personally, I could care less whether a player posts a 1 line action or not, because I adore writing and GMing, and GMing is more like an excuse to write/draw pictures for me. I mean, it's radical when a player roleplays as their character a bit, but I don't think it's a big deal if they don't read the whole thing and/or don't elaborately craft an action. Maybe it's a mindset thing.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: December 08, 2011, 06:17:24 pm »

No, I don't mind about the length of the player's action, and I GM nearly entirely because I enjoy the writing...

Anyway...
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 661