Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702265 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3180 on: January 04, 2012, 11:07:45 pm »

Okay, that was easier then I thought. I'll post the thread up now. :D
5 slots, 2 already called by Derm and monk.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: January 04, 2012, 11:13:06 pm »

That was barely 18 minutes!

Not complaining, mind you.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »

Is that it?

Needs a tad bit more, methinks. At least a char sheet spoiler.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:51 pm »

I misclicked post, instead of preview. Fully up now.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 04, 2012, 11:26:24 pm »

Augh, goddammit I really was hoping for just a standard urban scenario.

Now things are weird.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:32 pm »

You don't like it, you can always quit.

It's not like he's strapping you to a chair. ;)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »

Well yes but nobody is going to do a clear cut copycat in a different environment except for maybe me, but I'd probably run it as a SPRTD and I'm not going to do that probably.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 04, 2012, 11:31:19 pm »

Augh, goddammit I really was hoping for just a standard urban scenario.

Now things are weird.
That's what happens when I still have lingering desires to see a steampunk RTD, as was mentioned awhile back, and you say "magical girls". I go "MASH THEM!"
And if you want, I will remove you from that list of taken slots. Speak now, or forever be a magical girl.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3188 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:06 pm »

Hang on, I'm reading Death Volley right now. Also, why is there no Legends of the Hidden Temple RTD yet?
You people have been handed the greatest RTD plot in history, and nobody has even acknowledged it?! I'm disappointed in you all.

I think there should be some GUTS thrown in there too, so we can have a climactic battle atop the Aggro-crag.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:16 pm »

Hooray weirdness!

Hang on, I'm reading Death Volley right now. Also, why is there no Legends of the Hidden Temple RTD yet?
You people have been handed the greatest RTD plot in history, and nobody has even acknowledged it?! I'm disappointed in you all.

I think there should be some GUTS thrown in there too, so we can have a climactic battle atop the Aggro-crag.

I can't decide whether it should be a "srrs bsns" Hidden Temple run, or a "You are ten, try to win a trip to Space Camp." The latter could be quite entertaining, and winners would be forever immortalized in a Hall of Fame Space Camp! And Sketchers would give you a bonus to movement! How much you wanna bet nobody can assemble the statue of the Silver Monkey?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3191 on: January 04, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »

If you went the "Legends of the Hidden Temple EXCEPT REAL" route, I still think it should be ten-year-olds running through a deadly Temple of Horrors. Come to think of it, that would be a good plot.

The grand prize of Legends of the Hidden Temple (space camp) was actually a cover-up for the winners being abducted and transported to a secret jungle ruins site somewhere in South America. The game show itself was actually just a training program, to find kids who have what it takes to brave the horrors of the real temple and collect the unfathomable wealth within. The players play as past winners who were all taken to the temple site by the secret government agency running the show.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 05, 2012, 12:00:12 am »

If you went the "Legends of the Hidden Temple EXCEPT REAL" route, I still think it should be ten-year-olds running through a deadly Temple of Horrors. Come to think of it, that would be a good plot.

The grand prize of Legends of the Hidden Temple (space camp) was actually a cover-up for the winners being abducted and transported to a secret jungle ruins site somewhere in South America. The game show itself was actually just a training program, to find kids who have what it takes to brave the horrors of the real temple and collect the unfathomable wealth within. The players play as past winners who were all taken to the temple site by the secret government agency running the show.

I heartily endorse this event or product. It's like LotHT meets Battle Royale. Clearly there is some curse that prevents adults from entering, which is why they need children. The challenges within the temple are similar to the game show, but terrifyingly real. The players find skeletons of past players who were killed by the Temple Guardians or one of the nefarious traps, next to such heartening engravings as "Space Camp is a Lie."

Suddenly a twist! [REDACTED] I'm making terrible decisions
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:49:11 am by monk12 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 05, 2012, 12:09:44 am »

...I think I would pre-in that so hard. >.> Olmec FTW.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 05, 2012, 12:17:37 am »

I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to run it. I'm already doing more than I should, but still. It is too awesome to not exist. And if I run it, I know I'd be in it :P
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 661