Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702176 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So are we playing something close to a Killteam? I would immediately pick a Grey Knight and proceed to charge any nearby Ultramarine of heresy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So are we playing something close to a Killteam? I would immediately pick a Grey Knight and proceed to charge any nearby Ultramarine of heresy.
Sort of, you were all sent into the Warp to retrieve an artifact of great importance, all your memories of your mission are gone except for the nature of the artifact you must find, and that you must retrieve it, and bring it back to the Emperor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Into the Warp? You do know that the PCs would have shorter lives than usual for a marine, right? Inquisitors would be twitching their fingers to order all of them killed on the spot after returning with the artifact. Hell, maybe that is the plan.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Into the Warp? You do know that the PCs would have shorter lives than usual for a marine, right? Inquisitors would be twitching their fingers to order all of them killed on the spot after returning with the artifact. Hell, maybe that is the plan.
You are a special team gathered to bring this artifact back to the Emperor, you were trained to resist the temptations, and taint of the warp (this does not make you immune to them), and your mission may very well end the Tyranid threat to the Imperium. The risk is well worth hat can be gained in exchange, also this game is meant to be a bit harder, and more deadly, but its still quite possible for you to survive with all the assets you'll have available to you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

all the assets you'll have available to you.
So...Tactical Dreadnought Armor?  :P

Then would you ban the grey knights? Among the chapters they are hands down the best fighters if you take in account the average soldier and also the most resistant by far to the taint of the Warp. If I remember correctly, only the Grey Knights and the Black Templars have a record of no traitors ever emerging from their ranks.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope their allowed, and will give you a better boost against resistance to the Warp, but you'll still be susceptible to the Warp.

EDIT: And I've finished the companion stuff for the most part, moving on to stats, abilities, and such.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:22:01 pm by adwarf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

adwarf, requesting IN on your RTD, however I'd like to inquire, how is the status of all your other RTDs going?  :P

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

adwarf, requesting IN on your RTD, however I'd like to inquire, how is the status of all your other RTDs going?  :P
Crossing the Bright Void - Currently being updated
Oblivion RTD - Dead, because all my notes became corrupted, and I had a huge chunk of the game outlined in that

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Oblivion RTD - Dead, because all my notes became corrupted, and I had a huge chunk of the game outlined in that
D:

I guess, you should make a post in there about it.  :'(

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

If I go Raven Guard I'll get a jump pack right?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

An idea.

About the colonization ship thing from the irc, I think I've decided what to do.

A large fleet departs from a nation due to *plot*. The players are either the officers (and captains) of the flagships (but not the flagship), or people who work under them. They are to bring about the success of the colony(s) in a forsaken world...

Fantasy, incidentally, not sci-fi or steampunk.

Anyways, I'm toying with a bunch o' ideas:(are not mutually exclusive)

(1) Making two threads, one the officers and the other more mundane people. -> probably can't work for numerous reasons......
(2) Making the officers also be heroes of sorts, having extraordinary abilities. Such as magic.
(3) How many players? o_o
(4) Having the game setting be not the physical world, but another plane. Such as the special place of Runners of Hyperion (I think) .  ((I wonder what happened to that game...))
(5) How would I keep the game from being a complete 4X game? XD It seems to simply demand itself to be so!

Anyhow; rambling 'till here. Better go to sleep now...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds good. And the two threads may wait until the game gets popular. Einsteinian's Roulette demand for a new thread appeared naturally. For the beginning, simply separating the different castes with a line should suffice.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

A large fleet departs from a nation due to *plot*. The players are either the officers (and captains) of the flagships (but not the flagship), or people who work under them. They are to bring about the success of the colony(s) in a forsaken world...

Fantasy, incidentally, not sci-fi or steampunk.
Interesting.

(1) Making two threads, one the officers and the other more mundane people. -> probably can't work for numerous reasons......
Not sure I see the point.

(2) Making the officers also be heroes of sorts, having extraordinary abilities. Such as magic.
I would have thought that'd be a given, at least in the cases of officers who aren't incredibly good warriors or similar instead.

(3) How many players? o_o
Depends on how complex you make it. Without knowing anything about the system, it's impossible to know the idea number for gameplay or GM sanity. Six makes a nice default, though.

(4) Having the game setting be not the physical world, but another plane. Such as the special place of Runners of Hyperion (I think) .  ((I wonder what happened to that game...))
Sounds good. Having an excuse to throw anything you like at players can be handy.

(5) How would I keep the game from being a complete 4X game? XD It seems to simply demand itself to be so!
I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

OH! You mean for your sanity in actually tracking and balancing all this stuff. Erm, just abstract it, and if necessary abstract it to the point of not existing anymore. Research could just be a simple "order our researchers to find this" as opposed to specifying amounts or whatever, and they could make breakthroughs at set intervals or arbitrary dramatic moments if rolling for it or accumulating points was too tough. Worst case, you could even say that research is assumed to be going on, but only really breaks through when you actually put it into practice, which is a polite way of saying it doesn't exist but you'll let people do or have things they didn't use to after a while.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Not an idea for a game, but for a setting.

The original idea was to have a Godhoodgame were every player represented the idea of a certain dead forum thread. It somehow got intermingled with Roll to underworld however.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:10:30 am by 10ebbor10 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Cue three people representing the pony threads.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 661