Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702615 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4650 on: June 14, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »

I am interested in this Roll To Minstrel idea. I think I also agree with verse being reserved of the character speaking or for DRAMATIC ACTIONS.

Hmm. On reflection, I think I have found a way round this. Verse would be necessary for the activation of special moves (well, not quite special moves, but I'm not explaining yet, it involves Minstrel Points), but not necessary (although obviously welcome) at any other point (players using song may also work occasionally the way that it works for Paul McCartney sometimes in The Magnificent Timelord - if I am impressed enough it gives a rather arbitrary bonus. Not decided on this though.).

Also I might include instruments as the only weaponry that the Minstrels can use competently - granting a +1 to hit bonus but breaking on a 1.

Would it count as a bard if I made a (wannabe) poet who speaks (or attempts to speak) in haiku?

Minstrel. Probably, yes - although see the above point about instruments. I guess an alternative would be a pen, but I'm not convinced yet. My mental archetype is a Holy Grail style minstrel: lutes, silly hats, vaguely annoying, etc.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: June 14, 2012, 02:32:32 pm »

Minstrel. Probably, yes - although see the above point about instruments. I guess an alternative would be a pen, but I'm not convinced yet. My mental archetype is a Holy Grail style minstrel: lutes, silly hats, vaguely annoying, etc.
My character would definitely fit the vaguely annoying part. I am thinking about having him be a sort of medieval version of a hipster, who likes haikus because they are foreign and wears a straw hat because that is totally what orientals wear. The sort of guy who says that people with complaints like 'that isn't actually music' don't understand his vision because their tastes are too mainstream.
Soaplent green is goblins!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #4652 on: June 14, 2012, 04:36:46 pm »

IDEA DUMP INCOMING

Board Game RTD
Olympic RTD
Roll To Ninja
RTD Legends RTD
You Are RTD
Roll to Make an RTD
Einsteinium Roulette 2
Roll to Destroy Humanity
Roll to GMod
Half-Life RTD
ASCII RTD
Roll To Revive Forumites
Skyrim RTD
Roll To Dogfight
Sean Mirrsen Vs Dermonster
Gladiator Combat RTD
Shop Owner RTD
Blood Bowl RTD
Anything made by Sean
Roll to PEASANT ADVENTURE

...Is it just me or was that dump shittier than usual
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: June 14, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »

Roll To Revive Forumites seems nice. Can I play as Darvi?

Also, are you constantly using Einsteinium instead of Einsteinian because of copyright issues or are you afraid you may wake up one day with piecewise staring at you on top of your bed?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: June 14, 2012, 04:42:40 pm »

I dunno, there was one or two in there that I liked. {/conceited}

RTD Legends RTD in particular.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4655 on: June 14, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »

that's the second or third time I've seen RTBaShop Owner.

Also, apple's lack of capitalization is bleeding into me . . .

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: June 14, 2012, 04:58:31 pm »

Board Game RTD
More like DOKAPON RTD! March across the board, leveling up, conquering cities, being dragged into the bushes and raped healed by wandering doctors, and utterly screwing over your dear companions at every opportunity! Yaaaaaaaaay!

Roll To Ninja
What kind of ninja?

RTD Legends RTD
How would this one work?

Einsteinium Roulette 2
Had a fairly well-fleshed out idea that was more or less this. Sadly, I don't think it'd hold my interest long enough.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: June 14, 2012, 05:02:37 pm »

RTD Legends RTD
How would this one work?

Multiworld Madness: Bay 12 RTD edition.

Presumably it would at some point collapse in on itself, like a dice based ouroborous.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: June 14, 2012, 05:07:56 pm »

That does sound fascinating, then.

I'm not sure if it's more fascinating than the Multiworld concept in general, though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:46 pm »

's too bad Sean had that whatever happened.

It was getting good too.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: June 14, 2012, 05:14:14 pm »

@IronyOwl: You manage to surprise me from time to time. And not always in a good way.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: June 14, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

@IronyOwl: You manage to surprise me from time to time. And not always in a good way.
What'd I do this time? D:

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: June 15, 2012, 02:48:18 am »

Minstrels.

Should they always have instruments? Should instruments be obligatory?

Fairly important question. Feedback appreciated.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: June 15, 2012, 02:54:22 am »

Isn't the voice the most famous instrument of all, and the other instruments but catalysts to the conveyance of music?  :P

I guess they should, but maybe roll for such if it must be required to see if they get it or not.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: June 15, 2012, 03:23:58 am »

Isn't the voice the most famous instrument of all, and the other instruments but catalysts to the conveyance of music?  :P

Yes, that's quite true. I might make instruments entirely flavour items. I'll have a think.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 661