Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702263 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Today, I came up with 2 Roll to Dodge campaigns.
1) a normal DnDesque campaign, in which the players must travel a world in the aftermath of a apocalyptic war between some magical kingdoms. Also, the gods are being cast off from the heavens, Et cetera, Et cetera. BUT, the characters become hosts of the gods, and attempt to retrieve the shards of the artifact that was causing the gods to lose their power, and eventually have some battle that will decide the fate of all existence or something

OOH! THAT JUT GAVE ME AN IDEA FOR A KINGDOM HEARTS RTD! CAPSLOCK!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I generally believe that unless you totally design your own story line in that environment that it aint gonna work.

About that god idea, Count me in if you're going to make it..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:29:47 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I generally believe that unless you totally design your own story line in that environmental then it aint gonna work.

About that god idea, Count me in if you're going to make it..
If and when I do that, I will add you in.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

So I was looking over the boards and I had an idea. Having all of these threads is good and all, but I had the good(?) idea of making an archive. Basically, someone (most likely me) would scroll through the threads of important and interesting RTDs, take the turns from them and upload them to something. I'm thinking Wordpress for some reason. It would basically be a simple way of reading the cool games Bay12 have created without worrying about all the discussions etc. Is it a good idea?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heck yeah!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see issues with compatibility. If you can find a good bbcode-to-html converter (haven't found a 100% working one for Bay12's tags), that would be AWESOME.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Or I could do it myself painstakingly. But I agree, BBCode to HTML would be an epic thing to have.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you wanted the full HTML, I suppose you could just go into the webpage source and grab it manually from there, proper tags and everything, but that's a pain in the butt, not to mention clumsy. Here's a generic BB-to-HTML converter:

http://www.bbcode-to-html.com/

It doesn't support glow, spoiler, teletype or code tags, though. Most other things seem to be working.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Sometimes the discussions are a large part of the fun, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

And for RTDs that properly bold, and GMs that quote, chances are you won't miss anything no matter how much discussions there are unless you have some horrible inability to spot bolded text.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I fear that my reputation is in shambles :P
I look behind me, and my trail is spotted with the broken cadavers of the games I dropped over a year of time. I don't have enough fingers to count them all. Every whisper of leaves in the wind makes me shiver as I feel the breath of the dead games misting upon me.

-> thus I'm a GM that drops games frequently. D: I need to do something about that. Gamedropper Sky. I don't even know why I keep doing that Dx

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

You may drop it, but you learn from it. That's the thing both player and GM gain.

Oh, and the fun and memories of course. :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) a normal DnDesque campaign, in which the players must travel a world in the aftermath of a apocalyptic war between some magical kingdoms. Also, the gods are being cast off from the heavens, Et cetera, Et cetera. BUT, the characters become hosts of the gods, and attempt to retrieve the shards of the artifact that was causing the gods to lose their power, and eventually have some battle that will decide the fate of all existence or something

I'd join that.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd join that.
Forgot to add that I probably wouldn't make it until BOTH of the RTDs that I'm currently putting off making a turn for are finished. That and a KoL RTD. I have so many ideas, but not enough willpower to make them happen. I'll maybe make write up the rules and stuff for the KoL one once the other turns are up and post it here. Then I should play the KH games. Maybe.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

So, it's occured to me that one of the main reasons all of my (decent) RTDs fail is due to me liking the settings too much.
Yes, I seem to just get bogged down in describing backstory, characters and suchlike, becoming more and more frustrated with my inability to write anything decent until I end up doing something else instead.

So, the other day I had a brainwave! (I was probably on the toilet. I do my best brain-motions whilst doing my best bowel-motions, too.) How about, I make an RTD in a really shitty setting that I dislike! :D It's a no-brainer! (Maybe not in a good way!)

Perhaps one of those blagh-tastic modern fantasy type settings, with derpy teenagers discovering their latent magical abilities and going on fantastic abilities? Or maybe one of those sorts of space operas that tend to cheese me off? Or just some generic, bland-as-you-like fantasy, David Eddings style! :P

Or I could even just let my players design their own settings, and roll a dice and cackle madly as they beat each other to death with rocks and TV remotes in a battle for Setting Supremacy...  What do you guys think?

Excuse this post's stupidity as I am kinda on a boredom high right now
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 661