Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702371 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Roll to Butt Monkey

One player (or the GM) is deemed the butt monkey. Players must screw up his life in the funniest ways possible.
Wait, would rolling a one in that situation make the buttmonkey's situation better? That... Actually sounds fun.
Take a closer look at this text!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

It reminds me of that one RTD that one person ran that one time way back whenever.
Uh. There were rounds, with one team of players making actions to help the hapless protagonist, and one team making actions to hinder them. Someone will remember it for sure.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

It reminds me of that one RTD that one person ran that one time way back whenever.
Uh. There were rounds, with one team of players making actions to help the hapless protagonist, and one team making actions to hinder them. Someone will remember it for sure.
Roll to John or something? Were the players in the protagonist's head or what?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was one of SeriousConcentrate's games, I can't remember the name of it and am to lazy to search though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

That was Roll to Alter Someone's Life. :P I'm not surprised it's a dim memory, it's like 2-3 years old.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Is it that old? :o
It doesn't feel like that long ago that it was running.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I think I might have been in that game, I have hazy memories of it...

Sidenote: For comedic RTDs, is having a solid fluff a good thing, not useful, or an active detriment?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

@Yoink: Uh, I joined in August 2010 and I ran RtASL sometime into CvRTD, which only ran for about a year... so yeah, probably two and a half, three years old.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I think I might have been in that game, I have hazy memories of it...

Sidenote: For comedic RTDs, is having a solid fluff a good thing, not useful, or an active detriment?
I'm not sure how much you can generalize this. Having flexible fluff is generally ideal for shenanigans, but that doesn't necessarily imply a given level of planning.

Other than that... I guess it depends on how much you want to emphasize flexibility versus existing hooks and foreshadowing?

@Yoink: Uh, I joined in August 2010 and I ran RtASL sometime into CvRTD, which only ran for about a year... so yeah, probably two and a half, three years old.
How come you're not running anything now, by the way? :3
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Because I'm a shitty GM and I don't like disappointing people when I drop a game like three turns in. :P

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're the kind of guy who comes up with an RTD one night and regrets it the next day, like I am, I came up with a solution. Once you finish the OP, leave it a day. If it still seems good, post it. If you think it needs improvement, don't. Late night is great for coming up with ideas but terrible for seeing if they're any good.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Nah, it's not that. I have stuff I might like to try running. I just hate rolling and coming up with a plot and such - you know, the things you have to do as a GM. :P

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I know that feeling. It'd be nice if you could have someone who just makes roleplays and RTDs for you, but sadly it seems like the best way to get something done in life is by starting it yourself.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Well, I'm pretty dang useless at GMing myself.
Maybe we could team up and form a half-decent GM between the two of us?
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

You could form a Confederation Of Lazy GMs Who Kind Of Want To Run A Game But Not Do Any Of The Work For It And Have Thus Banded Together To Form An Essentially Useless Blob.

"Managers" or "a committee" for short. :P
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 661