Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230719 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.0] NOW IN 34.01
« Reply #1380 on: February 18, 2012, 01:12:16 pm »

When I play, the world keeps crashing at year 1-4. Before this, the mod technically worked, but I couldn't play adventure mode because all my options were to play as animals, and in dwarf fortress mode I keep getting messages 'canceled:Too injured' when I literally just started. Do you think you could upload a pre-installed version of corrosion?

Sounds like duped raws...

don't have those problems myself... So, here's a pre-installed version of corrosion that i use.

Wow thanks Kerl! I'll link this to the post! That should make things a little easier!

-----

Oh 34.02 I'd better start updating again  :o

Alright updated to 34.02, didn't need to do it as the raws worked fine from 34.01, but, might as well get that new Executioner tile out there.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:59:41 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.1] _NOW IN 34.02_
« Reply #1381 on: February 18, 2012, 01:54:19 pm »

Yea, thanks kerl, I appreciate it!
Edit:Also, IT 000, I do get messages in my errorlog about duplicate items, how do I fix this duped raws bug?
Edit 2:Okay, so I think I've got it figured out-When I follow the instructions correctly, it keeps on crashing at world gen, but when I don't follow the instructions correctly it works at world gen but it's still unplayable-Any idea why it's crashing at world gen? I'm not sure if this is unique to just me
Edit 3:Okay, it seems I've got it working, but I had to make a small world instead of a medium one or larger because those seem to be causing the crashes. No idea why, but I guess I'll just stick with a small world for now.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:14:39 pm by x2yzh9 »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 18, 2012, 02:22:51 pm »

or try a medium world, but only gen it for about 5 years. works for me! and the Pre-install has been updated, too. Also added the guides and the readme, because i forgot to add them before.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 18, 2012, 10:04:10 pm »

I tried my first fort on the new version, and as soon as i made the order to kill some invaders, we killed 4 lumbering infected. But then, we lost almost half of our original numbers. so i had no choice but to succumb.

THANK! YOU!

Any tips for setting up armies or bases?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:54 pm »

Hey, it dies on world-gen:

Resizing font to 14x14
Picked font at 11 points for ceiling 14
Resetting textures
2012-02-19 04:38:10.369 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1c16db0 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2012-02-19 04:38:10.370 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1c08ac0 of class NSCFNumber autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2012-02-19 04:38:10.370 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x2920410 of class NSCFDictionary autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2012-02-19 04:38:10.371 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1c8fcd0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2012-02-19 04:38:10.371 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1c09450 of class NSCFNumber autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2012-02-19 04:38:10.372 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x29609a0 of class NSCFDictionary autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2012-02-19 04:38:10.373 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x26eae3e0 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2012-02-19 04:38:10.374 dwarfort.exe[15469:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1c8da50 of class SDL_QuartzWindow autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
./df: line 12: 15469 Bus error               ./dwarfort.exe
sh-3.2#

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2012, 11:43:44 pm »

Hey Squee, try downloading the pre-packaged version, that might solve the problem.

Yea, thanks kerl, I appreciate it!
Edit:Also, IT 000, I do get messages in my errorlog about duplicate items, how do I fix this duped raws bug?
Edit 2:Okay, so I think I've got it figured out-When I follow the instructions correctly, it keeps on crashing at world gen, but when I don't follow the instructions correctly it works at world gen but it's still unplayable-Any idea why it's crashing at world gen? I'm not sure if this is unique to just me
Edit 3:Okay, it seems I've got it working, but I had to make a small world instead of a medium one or larger because those seem to be causing the crashes. No idea why, but I guess I'll just stick with a small world for now.

Hmmm... interesting, if it's coming from the pre-packaged version it might be DF itself, a new version, lots of stuff, something might be acting odd.

I tried my first fort on the new version, and as soon as i made the order to kill some invaders, we killed 4 lumbering infected. But then, we lost almost half of our original numbers. so i had no choice but to succumb.

THANK! YOU!

Any tips for setting up armies or bases?

Hehe you're very welcome! This gives me an idea, perhaps I should take a picture of some fort set ups I use to help new players...

I must apologize, I forgot to copy reaction_other over from 1.0.9 to 1.1.0+ thus you cannot tan hides at the moment. I'll have to update soon to fix this error.

All you need to do is open your 34.02 df  raws, copy reaction_other and put it in your corrosion raws.

@Kerlc Thanks for updating! I made a note of it on the post.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 20, 2012, 08:02:07 am »

added reaction_other to the pre-installed version, so people won't have to bother doing it. also, i am writing a corrosion story...

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 20, 2012, 03:46:53 pm »

Hey Squee, try downloading the pre-packaged version, that might solve the problem.

Hmmm, i didn't find a pre-packaged version? could you link me? to clarify, this was on OS X.

also, i'm a budding MODDER and would love to join an existing mod to just help out where i can and basically learn, could i help you out with this mod at all? that would be amazing as it seems very dystopian which is my kinda thing anyway!  i'm a coder so i think I will pick up modding fairly quickly, i have currently written one mod myself which is a painkiller that can be grown.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.2] _NOW IN 34.02_
« Reply #1388 on: February 20, 2012, 09:47:17 pm »

Minor update :

* Removed pus from skulking and Vulpine infected.
* added reaction_other back into Corrosion

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 20, 2012, 10:02:05 pm »

Hmmm, i didn't find a pre-packaged version? could you link me? to clarify, this was on OS X.

Link. If that doesn't help it might be DF itself. I don't know how it reacts to a Mac.

also, i'm a budding MODDER and would love to join an existing mod to just help out where i can and basically learn, could i help you out with this mod at all? that would be amazing as it seems very dystopian which is my kinda thing anyway!  i'm a coder so i think I will pick up modding fairly quickly, i have currently written one mod myself which is a painkiller that can be grown.

I'm flattered really, but there's not much to do at this stage, most of the big stuff has been done long ago. If you wanted to help out you could do some tests, find some bugs, think of some ideas for stuff. Some of my Corrosion's greatest ideas have come from my fans. But besides that you're better off trying to publish your own mod. Good luck though!

Speaking of stuff to do, I'll try to get some more graphics in. Namely;

Pillar Tile: (currently it's 'O' which could be improved upon)
More Animals!

Secondly

Enlightened Shrooms! Currently under development.
Also knock-out pills. Currently under development.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »

Link. If that doesn't help it might be DF itself. I don't know how it reacts to a Mac.

I'm flattered really, but there's not much to do at this stage, most of the big stuff has been done long ago. If you wanted to help out you could do some tests, find some bugs, think of some ideas for stuff. Some of my Corrosion's greatest ideas have come from my fans. But besides that you're better off trying to publish your own mod. Good luck though!

Speaking of stuff to do, I'll try to get some more graphics in. Namely;

Pillar Tile: (currently it's 'O' which could be improved upon)
More Animals!

Secondly

Enlightened Shrooms! Currently under development.
Also knock-out pills. Currently under development.

Will check it out and if i can make it work I will test for bugs and try to make some suggestions, i have started writing my own mods, i have just written a painkiller that's realistic as it's modeled completely on a real painkiller. :) 

Also, you seem very friendly, could i email you or anything?  also i started a reddit and a chat channel for the modding community if you're interested.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:16 pm »

I use a mac, and corrosion works fine for me. I just install it on my own to make sure it's done correctly.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 21, 2012, 07:55:11 pm »

Will check it out and if i can make it work I will test for bugs and try to make some suggestions, i have started writing my own mods, i have just written a painkiller that's realistic as it's modeled completely on a real painkiller. :)

Also, you seem very friendly, could i email you or anything?  also i started a reddit and a chat channel for the modding community if you're interested.

Painkiller! I've heard good things about that game, and i look forward to playing your mod.

As far as e-mailing goes you should probably PM me over bay12, I visit this site more then my e-mail.

Also don't hesitate to post questions on the modding forum here, we have a fantastic community whose always eager to help.

I use a mac, and corrosion works fine for me. I just install it on my own to make sure it's done correctly.

Fantastic! Perhaps the reason why the pre-packaged version isn't working is because it was from windows DF.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 22, 2012, 01:46:22 am »

yeah, it is for Windows. Can't package for Mac or Linux, sorry.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 22, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »

I'd hate to push Ravenmist back farther but an event happened in my fortress and I think it would make for an entertaining Prologue to the Community game.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 111