Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230254 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.2] _NOW IN 34.02_
« Reply #1410 on: February 28, 2012, 06:41:36 pm »

From what I read so far: You try to do migrants that turn to zombies after a certain time ? And these could actually bite citizens, and turn those into zombies as well ?

This is an incredibly amazing idea. I'd wish I had come up with that. Respect. Hope you get it to work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 28, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »

Hey, 000 I'm probably going to try this before you reply but, do you think the current Corrosion mod will work with the 34.03 release?

*Edit: It appears that the Mod is compatible for atleast worldgen. However, worldgen stability is still a slight issue. Sometimes it crashes. Maybe you know why? Anywho, I'll be delving deeper shortly. Thanks IT your teh bomb!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:38:48 pm by tilly »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 29, 2012, 08:49:10 am »

Yeah the tobacco was notacibly OP. Maybe you need to make papers somehow. Ive added in a few [AUTOMATIC] tags as well. My general mod philosophy is that if the player has no choice, aka Tobacco leaves->cigars, and just has to queue them up, make it [AUTOMATIC]. Cuts down on the players wasted time, but still costs them labour.

I've kept the stone sickness, but added [UNDIGGABLE] to all the dangerous rock types for now. I just take it out when I want to do exploratory mining, and put it on when digging ores out.

Umm, also during my training run the zombies arrived with war lions and were riding camels... is that intended? My hunter might yet get his giraffe!

Yeah mounted zombies has been a persistent bug. Since Law-Giver is a hard-coded noble, so they train animals and mount them, even with all the tags removed. If anyone can figure out how to remove it, I would be very thankful.

I kind of think of it as the zombie just sort of grabbed onto an animal, and the animal stays around for the free food.

For cigars I'm going to have the reaction take 5 leaves to make one cigar. So it should even out to one tobacco plant to one cigar. If this still proves a tad to much, I might cut it down to 2 tobacco, and maybe add a few more ingredients. I'll also be experimenting with a more aggressive syndrome that takes effect, but this probably won't make it into the next version.

A few AUTOMATIC tags might be a well fitting improvement for the Cleaning shop.

From what I read so far: You try to do migrants that turn to zombies after a certain time ? And these could actually bite citizens, and turn those into zombies as well ?

This is an incredibly amazing idea. I'd wish I had come up with that. Respect. Hope you get it to work.

Yeah I would love this to happen, in theory they would function like vampires, eating people while they sleep, I don't know how to get people to survive this attack though. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a migrant zombie in the last version. But in 34.01, I had a couple, so they might just be hiding better ( Yeah! ) but I suspect they might be the friendly 'Traders' that frequently come in migration waves that you can't assign labors to. I've removed a few tags that I suspect might be conflicting with it, but I've yet to test it out.

Zombie Ghosts will kill your fortress members like vampires, regardless of ghost type. Had two occurrences of this so far.

Hey, 000 I'm probably going to try this before you reply but, do you think the current Corrosion mod will work with the 34.03 release?

*Edit: It appears that the Mod is compatible for atleast worldgen. However, worldgen stability is still a slight issue. Sometimes it crashes. Maybe you know why? Anywho, I'll be delving deeper shortly. Thanks IT your teh bomb!

I haven't updated to the latest version which appears to be 34.04 now  :o but I'm in the process of doing so, and releasing some minor fixes and experiments.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:04 am »

okay, so i've been doing some brainstorming. here's what i came up with:

-Books that increase skills/mood of the individual reading it. here's how it works:
  -You grow Ink Shrooms in your garden. (Underground plant, can be used to make black dye and ink).
  -Inks Shrooms are processed into ink at the Lab.
  -Paper or Parchment is made at the lab (Paper-wood, Parchment-skin/leather).
  -At the Bookwriter's shop (name can be changed, if you want), a book is written using the Teacher skill. There can be 3 books: DIY Books, Self-Improvement Books, Stories
  -The books can be used in the Library, and can increase the following skills: DIY Books: Carpentry, Mechanics, Masonry, bone, wood, stone carving, metalcrafting, Self-Improvement Books: Appraisal, Organisation, Leadership, Record Keeping, Story: increases the mood of the individual by dissolving into a gas that makes people get happy thoughts. (IMPORTANT!!!! The exact skills can be changed, and so can the three books, the three groups are just my basic idea)
  -The book is then destroyed to prevent overabuse, but for purely narrative reasons, the person 'misplaces it'. Or he destroys it, because he doesn't want other people to know its secrets...

Also, an alternate method:
  -A gem cluster found in Garbage, called 'old books' or 'tattered books'
  -At the cleaner workshop, the books are restored, giving 1-2 books, each having chances of being any of the 3 aforemenioned types
  -The book is read at the Library and then destroyed after increasing a skill.

What do you think? I am aware of the major hole in writing the books, but that can be worked out for narrative purposes. So, doable, or not?

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1414 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:21 pm »

It seems I am not able to gen a world in the latest 34.02 build.
I get a lot of rejected worlds (more when I increase the size, number of civs, etc), and then couple of decades in the game segfaults.

Anyone else having problem with that, or are there any guidelines on the generation in Corrosion?

Edit: I've just managed to gen a small world with small everything except minerals. 125 years, Age of Fairy Tales :o
Giving it another go.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:11:59 pm by magikmw »
Oh, hai.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 29, 2012, 02:28:41 pm »

It seems I am not able to gen a world in the latest 34.02 build.
I get a lot of rejected worlds (more when I increase the size, number of civs, etc), and then couple of decades in the game segfaults.

Anyone else having problem with that, or are there any guidelines on the generation in Corrosion?

Edit: I've just managed to gen a small world with small everything except minerals. 125 years, Age of Fairy Tales :o
Giving it another go.

The pre-installed version provided by kerlc will only work on windows.

Otherwise, there might be an installation error. open your df folder, delete the folder labeled 'raw' and put the raw folder from the corrosion folder into the DF folder.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1416 on: February 29, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

Nah, I've used the 'copy raws and graphics' download. I'm on Arch Linux.
It seems that it is difficult, but you can actually gen a world. I'm playing fine now, 16 humans, have a full palisade with a depot and a gate, first human in the militia, first thieves and snatchers. Overall, having fun if little slow.
Will update if I anything interesting comes up :]
Oh, hai.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 29, 2012, 05:16:19 pm »

dont make the mistake of using doors or grates for your Entrance. Moat and Bridge is the only way!

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1418 on: February 29, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »

I think I've found a bug.
With a small migrant wave (4) came Dominus Habltocade, Infectedte life [sic]. Seeing how he's showing up on the 'others' screen, I've decided to give a kill order to my small crossbow-wielding militia.
This resulted in them shooting Dominus, then each other, knocking each other unconcious. Now half my fort is cancelling jobs due to a rifleman being near. The other, to the infected being near. A hunter is shooting bolts at both my militia and the infected.
Obviously, something's not right.

Edit: The hunter killed one of the riflemen, then shot a few at the infected. Now he's shooting everyone else.
This seems like a known loyality bug. Plox fix? :]

Edit2: Too bad, it was going nicely so far. Ah well.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:33:26 pm by magikmw »
Oh, hai.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 29, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »

new ep of my LP is up on the toobs

http://youtu.be/hDP7OO5QDi4

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 01, 2012, 12:36:57 am »

new ep of my LP is up on the toobs

http://youtu.be/hDP7OO5QDi4

Added, by the way, the Infection status in the health screen has nothing to do with the zombies. The wiki explains it better then I can.

I think I've found a bug.
With a small migrant wave (4) came Dominus Habltocade, Infectedte life [sic]. Seeing how he's showing up on the 'others' screen, I've decided to give a kill order to my small crossbow-wielding militia.
This resulted in them shooting Dominus, then each other, knocking each other unconcious. Now half my fort is cancelling jobs due to a rifleman being near. The other, to the infected being near. A hunter is shooting bolts at both my militia and the infected.
Obviously, something's not right.

Edit: The hunter killed one of the riflemen, then shot a few at the infected. Now he's shooting everyone else.
This seems like a known loyality bug. Plox fix? :]

Edit2: Too bad, it was going nicely so far. Ah well.

Acknowledged, I don't quite know what causes it yet, but I'm juggling a few tags around and hoping for the best.

okay, so i've been doing some brainstorming. here's what i came up with:

-Books that increase skills/mood of the individual reading it. here's how it works:
  -You grow Ink Shrooms in your garden. (Underground plant, can be used to make black dye and ink).
  -Inks Shrooms are processed into ink at the Lab.
  -Paper or Parchment is made at the lab (Paper-wood, Parchment-skin/leather).
  -At the Bookwriter's shop (name can be changed, if you want), a book is written using the Teacher skill. There can be 3 books: DIY Books, Self-Improvement Books, Stories
  -The books can be used in the Library, and can increase the following skills: DIY Books: Carpentry, Mechanics, Masonry, bone, wood, stone carving, metalcrafting, Self-Improvement Books: Appraisal, Organisation, Leadership, Record Keeping, Story: increases the mood of the individual by dissolving into a gas that makes people get happy thoughts. (IMPORTANT!!!! The exact skills can be changed, and so can the three books, the three groups are just my basic idea)
  -The book is then destroyed to prevent overabuse, but for purely narrative reasons, the person 'misplaces it'. Or he destroys it, because he doesn't want other people to know its secrets...

Also, an alternate method:
  -A gem cluster found in Garbage, called 'old books' or 'tattered books'
  -At the cleaner workshop, the books are restored, giving 1-2 books, each having chances of being any of the 3 aforemenioned types
  -The book is read at the Library and then destroyed after increasing a skill.

What do you think? I am aware of the major hole in writing the books, but that can be worked out for narrative purposes. So, doable, or not?

Seems like an interesting concept, is the happy gas possible through interactions? I haven't seen anything that would imply that, but if you could supply a link I could take a look at it. The more I think about this idea the more I'm starting to like it. You can decorate crafts to have pictures or historical events, so maybe make a 'blank book' then 'write book' to decorate it with an event. It would look something like this "This is a masterfully crafted book created by Urist McZombie, on the item is an image of humans, the humans are laboring, the artwork refers to the foundation of Zombiebait in the year 125".

Ink doesn't look to hard to make in real life. After a little bit of research, I've come to the conclusion that the best way would be to make 'India Ink'. All it takes is ashes and water, but for the purposes of DF we'll just make it take one bar of ash = 1 inkwell - I might make it create more, but vermin are plenty, and thus ashes are even more plenty.

Books seem like an interesting way to train, but if the ink is a decoration, someone would just grab any old book and study it. It could work for administrative jobs you mentioned though. However it might just have to be a decent valued craft. I would love it if humans could read them though, I'm a tad exhausted right now, so I can't put much thought into it, but some interaction or something that does something to someone whose reading the something.

Other ways of making paper I have thought of:
1 Log = 3 books
1 cloth = 1 book
1 leather hide = 3 books.

1 inkwell + 1 book = 1 <<book>> Perhaps giving it a chance of failure as one always makes mistakes.

I'm unsure of what skill it could take. Perhaps I could rename alchemy and have it take that. I'd like it to be toggle-able so you can have your best people writing books.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1421 on: March 01, 2012, 03:03:39 am »

From the Corrosion blog:
I'm fine with zombies migrating in, but the problem is they come as full zombies, the entire wounds screen filled with yellow text is a bit of a tip off. Furthermore, all they do is kill the migrants and their animals.

I belive that's the problem I've encountered. If they imigrate and get set as members of the player's fort, any attempt to kill them will screw up the "who's the enemy" system (at the same time they are both privation humans and infected), and humans will kill each other.
I'd remove that or allow for some migrants to become infected on arrival.

However, that also might screw things up. I belive they either should switch membership when infected (but that's likely not going to work properly either), or use the vampire mechanic from vanilla, with switching sides after full transformation.

I'm don't really know much about modding DF, but I hope it's going to be helpful :]
Oh, hai.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 01, 2012, 08:47:24 am »

Most of my idea is Brainstorming, so i don't really know if happy thoughts are possible, but i reasoned that the reaction at the Library would produce an item that immediately vaporises, crating something like a mist, you know, like the one from a waterfall.

but you are free to use the idea and change it in any way you like, it was, after all just an idea.

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1423 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:16 am »

This community fort has a race modded in that can bite and turn people into their members. Maybe it could be helpful to check out their raws?

Sorry for spamming the thread, I like the mod a lot and want to help :]
Oh, hai.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 01, 2012, 03:07:09 pm »

My humans aren't using cigars. Nothing's forbidden and everything is accessible. I also can't make new cigars from my massive stock of leaves, even though tons of barrels are free. So, they're all getting pretty thirsty. Luckily the caravan should be coming soon but you never know what could happen before that. Haven't encountered the zombie bug yet, but I made a relatively short history so here's hoping tons of people didn't get bit.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 111