Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: "Rinsewind the First-Bolts" - A hole for craven cowards and misfits.  (Read 29290 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: "Rinsewind the First-Bolts" - A hole for craven cowards and misfits.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 06:13:57 am »

The Player can enable hauling if the player/dwarf agrees.
If I am one of the starting 7, I want to have hauling enabled until I am actually useful as doctor/murderer.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 07:41:05 am »

Hurry up and put my dorf in. Put me at the end of the queue (WHY DOES THAT HAVE SO MANY VOWELS!!!!) and when my turn comes around, I'll download the save and see if my machine can handle it. Also, my name must be lowercase. I demand it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 08:49:10 am »

I don't have time to play a turn, but I'd like to request the first immigrant bowyer that comes around. His/her job will be to provide the entire population with masterful bone crossbows. Once the task is complete, the dwarf will retire, unless more crossbows are required. No other task enabled.

Name him/her Kzel/Lezka.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 09:21:20 am »

In as a player I guess.

Provided I survive that long.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 12:30:57 pm »

Hurry up and put my dorf in. Put me at the end of the queue (WHY DOES THAT HAVE SO MANY VOWELS!!!!) and when my turn comes around, I'll download the save and see if my machine can handle it. Also, my name must be lowercase. I demand it.
I don't have time to play a turn, but I'd like to request the first immigrant bowyer that comes around. His/her job will be to provide the entire population with masterful bone crossbows. Once the task is complete, the dwarf will retire, unless more crossbows are required. No other task enabled.

Name him/her Kzel/Lezka.
You can add you dorfs in this thread so you show up in this spreadsheet

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 04:08:45 pm »

Definitely second only changing 'your' Dwarf's profession. Also, no danger rooms (None of us would want to step in there), and... Well, I can't think of any more restrictive rules. I'm sure someone else will think of them.
I agree.

Also, if you get killed on your turn, you are out, but if someone kills you on their turn, you get re-dorfed. Any objections to that rule? I still like it, but now that I've typed it out, it seems a bit extreme...
Sounds...more or less fair, if you are saying that people who die on their own turn get their turn ended but if you die under someone else's rule you get a new dwarf.

Thinking about making this the first succession fort I take part of...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:11:47 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »

OK, now that I've finished up making that glazing mod actually work, I'll try to mod some nobles to go with it.  (Note to self: Remember to segregate your mods...)

So, I'm thinking of having six different dungeon master nobles that are all appointable.

Dungeon Master
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Lord
Dungeon Lady
Dungeon Person Of Authority
Dungeon Subletter

Likewise, because we have so many nobles, I was thinking of the following:

Baron
Baronet
Barista

(Responsibility: Fresh Coffee)

Other than that, we're good to go.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »

So you're keeping the doc, or putting me in?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 06:42:44 pm »

Dutchling, did you want to play?

I can probably throw breadbocks in instead of Dutchling if Dutchling doesn't want to play, personally.

I think I have everything set up and ready to go, although you never know with a mod, so I've got to test it out.

All the dungeon masters are appointable nobles.  I have no idea how gender restricting Dungeon Lords and Ladies will play out.  It will just be !!SCIENCE!!, I guess.

If it all works out, I'm searching for a good site to plunk us down on.  Hopefully something with plenty of wood and some clay and decent metals.  I'll prefer savage, just because it's more amusing to have giant badger attacks than regular badger attacks.  I would go for Evil biome, but let's face it, if we were actually there, there is absolutely no way we'd willingly settle on an evil biome.

EDIT:
Oh, and I modded the rest of the civs so that they siege at 20 population.  I'll try to make the place defensible, but whoever plays after me damn well better be ready for a party.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:53:23 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 07:20:04 pm »

I'm generating worlds, now, unless someone has any sort of objections to a no-HFS world with only one cavern layer.

I already made one, but had to reject it for lack of goblins.

EDIT:

Hmmm... I had a promising one, here, but it looks like all the dwarves in this world are dead.  History consists of a bunch of raids against a bunch of empty halls.  (And the last dwarves died in 128 from starvation.)

We could spin this as "reclaiming our lost heritage" or some such...  (From outside the small region.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:04:03 pm by NW_Kohaku »
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 09:59:42 pm »

Not taking a turn, but might add in an entry or 8 at some point if I get dwarfed. I was never one for transfering files, but I can type and script with the best of them :P.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 11:37:03 pm »

Hmmm... I had a promising one, here, but it looks like all the dwarves in this world are dead.  History consists of a bunch of raids against a bunch of empty halls.  (And the last dwarves died in 128 from starvation.)

We could spin this as "reclaiming our lost heritage" or some such...  (From outside the small region.)

It would certainly explain our undwarvenly cautious nature...

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »

OK, after about a dozen rejects, I have a world that looks promising...

I had to go through a lot of worlds that had no good sites, or else had all their dwarves dead, and I wound up just cutting down to 125 years of history to make them live.

I also had to mess with innate savagery and the like...

Oh, hey, this dwarven civilization had night creatures for kings.  Apparently, got married in year 1 to a dwarf, became a ranger, and became king in year 7.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:50 am »

Heh. Whasits name?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 08:54:19 am »

I'm looking forward to you guys marrying each other :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25