Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569555 times)

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3810 on: July 29, 2014, 05:58:22 am »

Are there any gene machines available for free prior to completing the 'capture little girls' quest, or wishing?

The gene machine article on the wiki only mentioned the quest, but I thought I'd see one somewhere else... somewhere.
I might have missed something but isn't the most obvious source for the gene machine this quest http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ambitious_Scientist (Port Kapul scientist)?
Easier to do early since you don't kill all the lower level enemies in one hit. Apologies if there's a reason this is not an option.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: July 29, 2014, 08:52:45 am »

Are there any gene machines available for free prior to completing the 'capture little girls' quest, or wishing?

The gene machine article on the wiki only mentioned the quest, but I thought I'd see one somewhere else... somewhere.
I might have missed something but isn't the most obvious source for the gene machine this quest http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ambitious_Scientist (Port Kapul scientist)?
Easier to do early since you don't kill all the lower level enemies in one hit. Apologies if there's a reason this is not an option.

You can use potions of poison/dye to kill low level mobs, even when you are at the stage to one-shot them. Leave your pets in town/house, or put them on defensive mode, and have decent speed on yourself.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: July 29, 2014, 03:50:56 pm »

It looks like it was just me being stupid and confusing the quest. For some reason I thought the Ambitious Scientist quest involved capturing 5 little sisters, not 5 of anything.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: July 29, 2014, 08:54:18 pm »

Ah, I thought you meant trading little sisters for precious items.

By the way, if you've already gotten one before, you can get a gene machine from the little sister shop.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: July 30, 2014, 02:25:56 am »

...Redownload? All I got, sorry. Very weird.

I was afraid I would have to do that and lose my saves.... Now I'm even more afraid because after redownloading it's still broken. My selection seems accelerated, and my newly made characters are moving awkwardly... Does elona use specific registry keys or something? Because I can't think of why this is happening.

EDIT: **** everything.... I dragged my elona saves backup out of the recycling bin and then emptied it, but apparently when I dragged the folder out, all the files inside it left and stay inside the recycling bin? So now I lost my characters with hours put into them. **** **** ****

EDITEDIT: Yay for recovery software. Got my files back.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:44:18 am by Micro102 »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: August 01, 2014, 10:45:40 am »

Yay, i finally got my internet connection back! time to grind voter ranks by moving on the worldmap with 5 cargo of piano!
also: i am still using +1.19 what's the best upgrade path?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: August 01, 2014, 10:55:11 am »

I was on 1.35r2 for a really long time. Now I can't find any download links for versions that aren't the latest 1.38R. Check the changelog for some badly translated stuff after about 1.21 if you want to know.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: August 02, 2014, 10:03:45 am »

so, i got my first living weapon in elona+ ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: August 02, 2014, 11:41:36 am »

Idiot Drug...

Huh, it's also edible(made of raw), so I wonder what eating it will cause.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: August 02, 2014, 02:06:14 pm »

Pretty sure living weapons are like godly artifacts in that they can't be changed with mere scrolls. So I guess he's stuck with a delicious snack. So far, nothing good will come of eating it, but as Covenant says: when there are stat boosts or "maintains [stat]", eating it will train that stat or activate a temporary buff to the stat's potential, respectively.

You know, I've never seen a living weapon before myself...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: August 02, 2014, 04:07:46 pm »

Living artifacts are somewhat nice...however in elona+ level 15 became the max for living weapons, the whole scroll of naming on it does not work anymore...although bloodsucking does cut damage? I wonder if cut protection works against it, its very rare to see though.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: August 02, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »

gardening herbs and using 'herb in' especially if you use a blessed potion of water on the item, always leads to state gains. I generally herb in stomafilia since i have more them. but experiemented iwth other items. I have gotten as many as 3 attributes for 1 eatng. now my potentials are all really high due to getting breakfast alot. i have a pet with cooking at 45 (this trains fast).

the attribute gain is great.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: August 04, 2014, 09:17:32 am »

Just read an Ally scroll and a Rabbit joined the party.  Now all I need is a ranch to farm Luck, (not so good for the rabbits though).
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:56 am »

gardening herbs and using 'herb in' especially if you use a blessed potion of water on the item, always leads to state gains. I generally herb in stomafilia since i have more them. but experiemented iwth other items. I have gotten as many as 3 attributes for 1 eatng. now my potentials are all really high due to getting breakfast alot. i have a pet with cooking at 45 (this trains fast).

the attribute gain is great.
Yup, "herb in" is really great, boosting literally every stat including speed. Never got my cooking high enough to use it, but stomafillia seems like a fine choice to put it on because it already boosts every stat slightly. I've heard fine things about breakfast but could never get it off the ground. Any tips for getting actual breakfast prompts? I always try to wake up between dawn and noon but never get any.

Darn, guess I really have to work on Control Magic so I can safely have pets out... and then I have to actually choose good pets... Any non-bell recommendations? I started a new character for 1.38R so now I'm only level 9. I don't quite have enough faith to get god pets yet but the Unknown Shell will really help with that. I'm thinking of getting the golden knight, exile, and/or black angel. Of course I'll aim to get them all one day, but I think these are the most useful.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: August 04, 2014, 03:49:41 pm »

Yeah I hate games with perma-death options. Not games based around perma death, but with perma-death added. When you are on something like inferno mode, you just have to avoid even using the mochi and many other things because it has a chance to kill you.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 291