Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569307 times)

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3855 on: August 22, 2014, 11:06:20 pm »

Irritating that this great game gets so little translated devotion, or that the Elona+ team can't seem to find a good translator.. I'd be more than willing to do it if I knew more languages than sub-par english ;)

Are any of the other popular mods active (and english-based)?? I haven't dug into the other versions because I figure they've got less content than +..

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: August 23, 2014, 12:01:44 am »

Go to a healer. Horse probably got stat drained. May be cheaper to buy a new one.

Like I said I bought a Noyel horse and it was also 10. Healer didn't work either. Is there and equation I can use to see the horses weight limit?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: August 23, 2014, 12:11:00 am »

Go to a healer. Horse probably got stat drained. May be cheaper to buy a new one.

Like I said I bought a Noyel horse and it was also 10. Healer didn't work either. Is there and equation I can use to see the horses weight limit?

IIRC NPC services don't have a 100% success chance... you need to either use the 10k service, or better use the gene machine and add a weak monster (like a slime) so you can check the stats.

I think the AI knows when to use a potion of restore body, so you can try giving it one.

Or just buy/capture another horse to test.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: August 23, 2014, 12:29:23 am »

LIKE I SAID.... I bought the Noyel horse and it was still 10. Unless they can start with lowered stats, it's not that. I tried healer for the hell of it. I'm very confident that it is not the stats of the horse. Now all I want is the equation for determining the weight limit of riding.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: August 23, 2014, 12:43:33 am »

Speed = MountSpeed * 100 / limit(100 + MountSpeed - MountStrength * 1.5 - PlayerRidingSkill * 2 - 50 * cHorseBit, 100, 1000)

Weight does not appear to be a factor in the mount's speed.
(cHorseBit determines if the ally is mountable, ie bells are not)

Using Tyrannosaurus as an example and solving for required Riding score:

Riding = (MountSpeed - MountStrength * 1.5) / 2 = (208 - 105) / 2 = 52 (rounded)

So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: August 23, 2014, 01:08:19 am »

Yeah I know of that equation, but can't figure out how the T-Rex equation comes from the formula. Don't know if my answers are right...

Anyway, it is a pointless equation to apply here, as I had no problem riding both these horses at SOME point. Something changed that made me unable to ride them properly and I cannot figure out what it is.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: August 23, 2014, 01:12:39 am »

The t-rex equation shows that to get full speed from the mount, your riding skill needs to be at a certain level, in this case 52.

Have you equipped an item that lowers your riding skill?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: August 23, 2014, 01:43:22 am »

I believe he said no. It can't be stat drain because speed can't be lowered by that, and I doubt he'd let his horse's strength get lowered that much. Not to mention the whole other slow horse thing he said. NPC stat restore cannot fail, and I'm pretty sure curse removal usually works (probably not against doomed items?).
Irritating that this great game gets so little translated devotion, or that the Elona+ team can't seem to find a good translator.. I'd be more than willing to do it if I knew more languages than sub-par english ;)

Are any of the other popular mods active (and english-based)?? I haven't dug into the other versions because I figure they've got less content than +..
I feel the same way. I mean, if you go on the cutscenes page on the wikia, there are so many scenes and characters we'll never get to see like the extremist <Harion> and the blue wind of Ros Lier/Rozuria <Alfredo/Alfred> and the rest. I only know those two exist because of Google Translate. Plus there are some questgivers that are also part of the storyline; I think it's just Orville (underground passage vs. Juere quest) and Milis (kill Eulderna quest).

As for other mods, the only others I've heard of are orehack and Enhanced Love Miracle, neither of which are as fleshed out as E+. Basically + is probably the best bet right now.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: August 23, 2014, 03:09:36 am »

Figured it out! The version of Elona+ I am using has an option to tell the horse to not pick up items, and if you select it, the speed lowers to 10. For some reason.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: August 23, 2014, 10:26:00 pm »

Figured it out! The version of Elona+ I am using has an option to tell the horse to not pick up items, and if you select it, the speed lowers to 10. For some reason.

:o 

Congratulations on finding the cause... that's not an easy thing to find.  ;)

But that looks like a bug... older versions don't have that problem.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: August 24, 2014, 12:04:02 am »

I think that's a mistranslation. I think what the 2nd option actually means is the horse is riding you.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:29 am »

How'd you get to that choice? If it was a tamer's whip then I have no idea what that was (probably a bug), but if it was the riding skill/special action I dunno because I never ride.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: August 24, 2014, 12:52:59 am »

In elona+, if you use the riding skill on a pet it will give you two options. The first one is labeled "prohibit the eating pick up", this will cause you to ride the targeted pet as normal. The 2nd option is labeled "prohibit the picking up items", this will cause the pet to ride you and decrease your speed depending on the pet's riding ability. If said pet has no riding skill then your speed will drop to 10 almost regardless...although I haven't tested it much but it could be a thing of you playing as a horse from the debug setting being on. No clue if the horse flag can be turned on for the player like it can be for pets.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: August 24, 2014, 01:28:57 pm »

Oh yeah. good catch on the pet. The only thing the pet picks up witht he option that doesn't slow him down is eating food on the ground.

Does anyone know if I can get potions of descent at shops if I raise Investment enough? Want to lower levels of pets and get a gem farm going. I raised my bells levels so i can fight higher dungeons. Forgot that its alot more expensive to train potentials. If I can get enough of them, I think we can abuse this... by using gene engineering to level. When you do this they gain attributes, then lower the level back down and repeat.

This could be an invaluable way to get a pets cooking really high. Cooking allows pets to make breakfast if you wake up in the morning. Its a game changer. This trains attribute potentials.

Has anyone done experimenting with the elona+ god gifts (bottom of this page). They all have large negatives. They look like they are used for creative ways to train really fast.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Gods

Here are some posted on the forums. I posted a few (i never made an account). At the bottom you will find the items with links to their pages.

1. Aureate Constricter: (Yacatect of Wealth): lowers negotation. See forum. This doesn't affect the price of trade goods. As you raise negotation, you have to spend more good to train. So use it at the traders. Way to radically increase negotiation fast. I am doing this right now. I posted in the forum on this page.

Stealth Negative: Not known how to train this.

2. Wheel of Fortune (Luck God): Reduces Magical Control: So must want to hit pets for some reason. Maybe used to train pets healing? Not sure.

3. Fetter of Earth (Opatos): speed negative. good for training weight lifting. 12 hours if you rest once. Outside for passing time very quickly. have not tried. Also useful for lowering speed to get AP. In R1.38 your relative speed is a factor in getting AP (look up AP in forum if you dont know what it is). Its mainly gained at high levels.

4. he <Green god thorn> (Kumiromi Farming): Radically lowers healing and medication. I think you can use this to perma-train mana and healing. Cast a couple spells. lower just a little. Quaff a potion of dye, sulfuric, poison, etc.. take a little damage. In the past I would go around slightly overweight to train healing. Had some YASDs doing this. Anyone try this? You can just take it off if you get in a fight.

5. The <Magic Canceler>  (Magic) Lowers magic and casting: Use posted. Train Magic Capacity. I did this by fighting a mosnter with touch of weakness and having it drain my wil and magic to 1. See my post here. Trained magic capacity really fast.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Capacity

Other use could be for summoning low level monsters. If summoning is buffed with magic (spells use different attributes) you could use this or a rod of summoning to summon low level monsters to recruit as pets such as bells. Also may be useful for summoning a hunger demon and sandbagging it. thought about doing that on a ranch with Wealth or Farming God Pet. These pets can be bread and when they eat they produce platinum/seeds so if I can keep them hungry, it may get me alot more. Also might be useful on another property with a well. So pets are always hungry, then drink well and I get more wishes (plus more aliens, so id probably want alien proof armor). Not tested yet.

Possibly other uses.

6. he <Tempest coller> (luly of Wind): Lowers Evasion/Greater Evasion: Could be useful to train armor. I think armor gets trained when you are hit. Needs testing.

7. The <Mechanical binder> (Mani the machine): Lowers marksman/tactics: PRobably useful for training. so stuff doesn't die. Also useful for a mage since its a bonus 150 PV and you dont care about those skills.

8,  <Sasumata>  (Jure) Reduces damage bonus: Probably in combination with #7.

The one I have absolutely no idea on is the stealth reduction. Given the pattern there has to be a reason for it. Maybe training pickpocketing?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: August 24, 2014, 01:42:34 pm »

First we should consider what stealth actually does. It gives you a higher crit chance (maybe even 100%? I don't know, it'd make the thief passive useless) against enemies that haven't noticed you yet. I can't see that being used for anything. I don't know if it'd help pickpocketing training much either, as I believe you only get the exp if you successfully finish stealing and lowered stealth would pretty much kill any chance of that happening.. if stealth is even related to pickpocketing. I'm not sure about anything except the higher crit bit.

There's been a bit of discussion about those god items on here, just search the thread. I think we basically came up with the same ideas you did.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 291