Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70629 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Back to the snow
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2011, 03:59:38 am »

Darvi:  Which alien would you most like to be?
The one that's still alive at the end. Alternatively, the spore spreader.

MBP, you going to actually play this game?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2011, 04:20:48 am »

Jim: If you had to be a dopp, which role would you chose, and why?

If I had to be a dopp? You act like being scum is a an undesirable situation.

Given your experiences, I can see why.

Pwahahahahahahaha.

But I don't really care what role I get. I can wreck people's shit up with or without one, town or scum. But if I had to choose, I'd pick....

I dunno. Doppelganger Leader. Just let the passive town result work heavily in my favor. Why, I'd bet you were I a Doppelganger Leader I could get people to claim I was a confirmed townie, if the circumstances permitted it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 04:38:27 am »

Unvote, vote breadbocks. My gut tells me you're a dopp scientist who doesn't know what to pick and asks experienced players, trying to make it look like a random RVS question. Tsk-tsk.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2011, 04:45:54 am »

Or I could just not know what to ask, so I ask game relevant questions. That's kinda the point of RVS. You ask questions, look for scumtells, vote based on those scumtells. So, no. I'm not a dopp scientist, but thanks for trying.

Also, Unvote Jim. That was an interesting answer, to say the least.

Davi, I've not seen any games you've played. Mind linking them?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2011, 07:56:14 am »

Dariush:
Toaster, you do realize how unlikely it is to be Kook twice in a row? Also, last time you got under suspicion right off the bat. Why did you choose to employ the same tactic?

I'm not afraid of a little heat.  I stand by everything I said regarding claiming Kook in that game.  Plus, it taught me two things:

1.  Arguments that use statistics are crap
2.  Scum like to use early kook claims as an attempt to drive a mislynch

Now I just have to look for someone doing both of those.  Have you seen anyone do that, Dariush?

Darvi:  Any particular reason why?

LNCP:  If you were a telepath, what circumstances would make you claim early?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2011, 08:26:56 am »

1.  Arguments that use statistics are crap
Whatever, fuck statistics. That doesn't answer my question - why employ the same tactic that nearly got you lynched?
For a reaction to an RVS vote, that's rather far-fetched. Could you please say why you are so sure I'm going for an early lynch?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2011, 09:11:48 am »

Congratulations, Dariush.  You just fell for the Org Theory of Scummitude.

I never said you were scum.  I was talking about Book's awful case on me in P18.  However, since you just assumed the scum I was talking about was you, I'll be more than happy to vote you.

Anyway, I thought it did answer you- it didn't actually get me lynched, and it flushed out scum.  From my experience that game I'm going to claim Kook every time I get it and suggest everyone else does the same.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2011, 09:19:27 am »

I never said you were scum.  I was talking about Book's awful case on me in P18. 
Ah, so by saying
Now I just have to look for someone doing both of those.  Have you seen anyone do that, Dariush?
you didn't mean me. That's quite interesting...
However, since you just assumed the scum I was talking about was you, I'll be more than happy to vote you.
I didn't say you were scum, I specifically stated that it was a randomvote, which was provoked by you claiming Kook twice in a row. Maybe you're thinking about Book in P18 again?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2011, 09:21:27 am »

Janus:  Easiest as in least effort/thinking required or best for team?  If easiest, probably Cutting Edge, as Body Double requires no thinking- it's a one shot revive.  If best for team, I'd say Intelligence, but that's because I like information to bolster the "informed" part of "informed minority."
What do you think when a Cutting Edge Scientist with a Body Double revives on lynch? Would that make them more or less suspicious looking?

(If a Body Double is used, alignment isn't revealed, just the use of the Body Double)

I hope that doesn't mean we're going to have to reroll all the roles.
Are you implying you've got some powerful ability you really don't want to part with?
Are you rolefishing?

Unvote, vote breadbocks. My gut tells me you're a dopp scientist who doesn't know what to pick and asks experienced players, trying to make it look like a random RVS question. Tsk-tsk.
This looks like you're trying to throw suspicion on him. If he were really a Dopp Scientist who didn't know what to pick, why in the world wouldn't he ask on the Dopp Chat? He'd have at least 2 scumbuddies to help him there.

Do you really think he'd ask in the open?

You just fell for the Org Theory of Scummitude.
Remind me. Which is this?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2011, 09:37:57 am »

Janus:
Janus:  Easiest as in least effort/thinking required or best for team?  If easiest, probably Cutting Edge, as Body Double requires no thinking- it's a one shot revive.  If best for team, I'd say Intelligence, but that's because I like information to bolster the "informed" part of "informed minority."
What do you think when a Cutting Edge Scientist with a Body Double revives on lynch? Would that make them more or less suspicious looking?

(If a Body Double is used, alignment isn't revealed, just the use of the Body Double)

If they were a good choice to lynch the first time, I'd seriously doubt I'd change my mind the second time.  On the one hand, Body Double is a scummy choice, but on the other, none of the CE choices are particularly great for town.  The MCR, maybe.

You just fell for the Org Theory of Scummitude.
Remind me. Which is this?

IIRC, it's when a player addresses something to scum as a whole and someone responds to it as if it was addressed to them.  I referred to scum generically, and Dariush instantly assumed I was talking about him.

Dariush:
Oh, I meant you all right in regards to the question.  However, this line wasn't:

Let me break it down:  I said this is something scum likes to do.  I did not say you were doing it.  (I threw a weak implicit accusation at you, but didn't say specifically you were doing it.)  You responded by saying you weren't doing something I just said scum likes to do- defensive reaction.

Why are you pointing out that you didn't say I was scum?  I never said you did.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2011, 09:54:59 am »

I hope that doesn't mean we're going to have to reroll all the roles.
Are you implying you've got some powerful ability you really don't want to part with?
Are you rolefishing?
I wanted to see his reaction. His reaction satisfied me.
This looks like you're trying to throw suspicion on him. If he were really a Dopp Scientist who didn't know what to pick, why in the world wouldn't he ask on the Dopp Chat? He'd have at least 2 scumbuddies to help him there.

Do you really think he'd ask in the open?
Again, just probing for the reaction. And framing that as an RVS question would at least save him the need to invent another one.

Let me break it down:  I said this is something scum likes to do.  I did not say you were doing it.  (I threw a weak implicit accusation at you, but didn't say specifically you were doing it.)  You responded by saying you weren't doing something I just said scum likes to do- defensive reaction.

Why are you pointing out that you didn't say I was scum?  I never said you did.
Hey, I just saw some guy blow up the door to the vault you're now robbing. Have you seen anybody like that?

You didn't directly accuse me of being scum, but you implied it. Quite clearly implied it, actually. And now you're trying to pass it off like it wasn't an accusation.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2011, 11:04:04 am »

The Whiteboard
breadbocks: Dariush
Dariush: Toaster
Darvi: breadbocks
Jokerman-EXE: Think0028
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Darvi
Toaster: Bdthemag
ToonyMan: Jim Groovester

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday

ToonyMan should have his Role PM now. There is an impostor on the boards with a very similar name who got the role pm instead. Shouldn't be a problem.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2011, 11:06:26 am »

Wait, I didn't change my vote? Unvote, vote Toaster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2011, 12:19:59 pm »

I can confirm I have my role pm now.

I will be voting Dariush as well for using fallibly logic here:
Toaster, you do realize how unlikely it is to be Kook twice in a row? Also, last time you got under suspicion right off the bat. Why did you choose to employ the same tactic?

If he admits his mistake I will consider it more forgivable.  I will also state that claiming kook at the start of a game is acceptable and users who argue about the topic are just causing confusion.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2011, 12:27:53 pm »

I didn't make myself sufficiently clear - I voted for him because he employed the same tactic twice, and noted that it's highly improbable to be Kook twice to see how he will respond. I didn't vote for him because of statistics.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24