Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296745 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1425 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:45 am »

destroyed an ennemy in two bullets, the second being a mothaf*ckin' headshot.
Well, I suppose it was a headshot, since I just started firing at the full-health ennemy plane when I got the "ennemy plane destroyed" message. On the smaller event window, I saw "the ennemy pilot is unconscious". Well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: May 12, 2013, 04:36:40 am »

Currently in the middle of ownage. Made a melee-focused character based around heavy armor and the like. Before the first floor was complete, I had so many health-regen boosts that I was recovering a point of HP every round. Food is basically irrelevant now because you literally cannot regen health faster than that. He's a goddamn Wolverine.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: May 12, 2013, 04:43:08 pm »

Currently in the middle of ownage. Made a melee-focused character based around heavy armor and the like. Before the first floor was complete, I had so many health-regen boosts that I was recovering a point of HP every round. Food is basically irrelevant now because you literally cannot regen health faster than that. He's a goddamn Wolverine.

Actually, health regeneration from food is separate from your natural health regeneration, so it is possible to recover two health per turn as long as you keep yourself fed. Basically a choice between regenerating health very fast or ludicrously fast.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 12, 2013, 04:49:26 pm »

Actually, health regeneration from food is separate from your natural health regeneration, so it is possible to recover two health per turn as long as you keep yourself fed. Basically a choice between regenerating health very fast or ludicrously fast.
Even better! I've got something like 10 deep omelettes and I'm only on level 3 :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55:58 pm »

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT CARRINGTON VILLA ON PERFECT AGENT.

On easy and medium, you're dropped off from a high vantage point with a sniper rifle and have to save a hostage from dataDyne thugs.

On Perfect Agent, you are the negotiator. You have a decent submachine gun in your inventory, but as soon as you kill off the two thugs on the dock with you, you have to dodge or kill the aimbot sniper just above you, who WILL ding you a good bit if you don't kill him first.

Once you get inside the villa, you have two choices: go upstairs and clear out the villa, or go downstairs and activate the wind generator.

Upstairs, there's about a zillion guards, some of whom emerge from old school DOOM monster closets. Getting caught in a protracted gunfight means losing a large portion of ammunition and health in the labyrinthine upper floors, and then you still have to eliminate the snipers (some of whom have overlapping fields of view, 3 snipers x 3 shots per burst each means 9 chances to lose a large chunk of your health).

Downstairs, once you activate the wind generator objective 3 activates: eliminate dataDyne hackers. If you came down here first instead of clearing the upper floors, you still have to rush past as many as 10 guards in a single room, while also looking to kill specific scattered targets in less than a minute. If you somehow make it past all that, you still have to deal with the snipers, who can see and hit you from any distance on this difficulty.

I finished all of it. I rescued Daniel. I captured a dataDyne guard. I eliminated all the snipers and hackers. The best part?

I did it all in paintball mode. Something about psychedelic paint incongruously pooling under dead bodies is so much more satisfying than just plain ol' blood.

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 17, 2013, 01:58:03 pm »

Assassinating the President by causing massive traffic accidents. In one instance, I stopped the President's limo, and all the other cars intelligently went around it, except for one, which rammed a Secret Service car which in turn rammed the President's car into a wall with enough force to eject everyone in it. In another, the AAR said I killed a driver of a car by shooting him in the right nipple.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 17, 2013, 02:10:10 pm »

My Carrier Task Force : 4x Light Carriers, 10xLight Cruisers, and ~30 Frigates and Destroyers rolfstomped Borg invasion fleet of my Homeworld system without any losses.

How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: May 17, 2013, 02:15:39 pm »

Finished phase 1 of my too much resources quest and built an underwater plaza and an obelisk on the water to access the underwater tunnel to it.
in the plaza there is trees and grass growing and a pool.... underwater.
glass windows everywhere so you can see squids.

maaan i miss the days of mobs sometimes.
my massively large castle walls just protect me from everything.
i've mined so much that the world underneath my walls in practically floating.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 17, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »

Stopped the President's motorcade, but then someone rammed the Vice President's car, sending his wife flying through the air. When she hit the ground, she bounced even higher. After she landed, she was run over by pretty much the rest of the entire motorcade.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: May 17, 2013, 08:26:26 pm »

Smashed the Wall with a nuclear warhead.

Learn 2 Fly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 17, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »

I was playing a spriggan necromancer, who coincidentally was my best necro so far. I finally discovered how to command my army into actually mobbing enemies, which makes necro much more enjoyable in the future.

Anyway, I had made it all the way down into level 5 of the Lair. Ultimately a gang of hard-hitting blink frogs flanked me into a corner without the backup of any undead, and I was forced to descend the nearby stairs into the darkness below.

...Only to wind up surrounded by another mob of blink frogs, as well as a hippogriff and a basilisk. The basilisk managed to nail me with his gaze, and I was turning to stone, surrounded by beasts. This is not good for a squishy mage built around raising dead corpses to tank. In my final moments before freezing into stone, I released an efreet from the jar I had found a few floors up. I was keeping the jar for such an emergency, just in case I'm screwed and have to take a choice between certain death or getting killed by a rogue efreet (instead of having it decide to save my ass.)

The efreet shows its gratitude by attacking the hippogriff and basilisk next to me, cutting them down with a burning scimitar in a few turns while I'm a statue. The efreet turns to me and says "I'll never leave you!"

...and then I died. Stupid teleporting frogs. I like to think my statue is still down there, guarded by my loyal efreet buddy for the rest of eternity. At least I died in a blaze of glory.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 19, 2013, 01:03:29 pm »

GODiath, meet twin-spinigun gunzerker >:D

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 21, 2013, 11:30:57 am »

Flying around Space Alaska with my outfit's AIR CONN squad, I was death incarnate.  Our teamwork let us crack some tough defenses that had flak cover.  I had a killing spree of at least 15 kills including the kill shot against 2 enemy fighters.

You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 21, 2013, 12:49:51 pm »

Rome, meet the iron fist that is the huns, that tears you and the rest of the empires to shreds in this alternate history.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 22, 2013, 06:41:59 am »

Dogfighting 4 Xenon N (tiny scout ships) while piloting a solitary Discoverer Vanguard (also a tiny scout ship) felt pretty impressive at the time. So impressive that I did it twice. Well, had to do it twice. I destroyed the first wave completely unscathed. I don't even think a single shot managed to hit my nimble little ship.

But when I turned to charge at the second wave, they threw a wall of powerful shots at me. I lost shields and my hull got knocked to about 60%. But, once I closed to dogfighting range, I managed to evade any further damage and my shields recharged enough to absorb a couple other stray shots. After several tense minutes of laser fire narrowly missing me, I downed the enemies one by one.

By the end of that mission, I managed to cause "bails" for 3 Ns. Sadly, missiles destroyed one before I was able to claim it as my own, but I safely claimed the other two.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 709