Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292834 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2011, 04:36:00 pm »

Saved my 100% hit chance after nearly falling off my chair in a 225 BPM beatmap.

Osu!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2011, 07:40:44 pm »

The mental image of you playing Osu! in mid flight is wonderful.  :D

"NOT TODAY"

Anyway

Me and a friend despite being rather underequipped defeated a giant shadow lion thing.

Spiral Knights.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2011, 07:48:41 pm »

My scouts found a massive graveyard of alien ships, I repaired 100 extremely advanced alien ships and then declared war on every other empire.  I won. 
Distant Worlds.
Nom nom nom

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »

It was a game of demolition, which I had never played before. Basically, you either take the goal of the attacking team, who are trying to neutralize two enemy objectives, or the defending team, who try to stop said neutralization.

I had planted the bomb on B, and died. As I came back, three OP40 were in the process of defusing it.

Twenty 9mm rounds and three dead OP40 later, I took up position at the building overlooking the bomb, most satisfied i'd ever been.

Call of Duty: Black ops

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2011, 10:12:30 pm »

I single handedly wiped out a human elf bandit group with my maceman. Then I took out a bandit group of goblins with only a peasent for a companion, avenging my last adventurer. It felt great.  Dwarf fortress, obviously.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2011, 11:29:54 pm »

The mental image of you playing Osu! in mid flight is wonderful.  :D

"NOT TODAY"

Anyway

Me and a friend despite being rather underequipped defeated a giant shadow lion thing.

Spiral Knights.

Well, it was an AC/DC song...
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2011, 12:11:58 am »

100% Chapters 1-4 in Super Meat Boy, and almost ready to collect my 90th bandage by taking on/beating the last warp zone. Captain Viridian, you'll soon be in service.

If I'm feeling masochistic enough, I might try to unlock The Kid next. But I might be reclaiming my >4000 position in the leaderboards soon.

EDIT:
Just now, I currently have 98 bandages, the last 2 are in the Skyscraper warp zone (Rapture chapter 5-1). How did I own with this one? I collected 10 bandages (hard to get ones, mind you) in a single day, with the final 2 being a thorn in my side in a rather annoying warp zone. As if the first level of it wasn't bad enough, the second level I have to repeat again after getting it's bandage, and the last one has one dangerously close to some spikes with the end just as difficult to reach. Think IWTBTG difficulty with the last level's final bout of the warp zone.

Oh yeah, and I've ascended back to a cushy >4k position in the leaderboards again. I think the Steam Summer Sale's SMB achievement was responsible for me plummeting 200+ positions. >:(

EDIT EDIT:
Speaking of IWTBTG, I finally unlocked The Kid.

Want proof? Here:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027446195/screenshot/558662295724741397
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027446195/screenshot/558662295724740994

And Captain Viridian in stock (90 bandages):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027446195/screenshot/558662295724741397

And my leaderboard position is now below 3900. HUZZAH!!

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Ranked within the 3400 zone and collected all 100 bandages, A+ on all levels of chapters 1-6. YEAH!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Outrunning my old times to get a better refined overall score (no new levels beaten, just refined times to promote my global ranking), in 3-11X, I've managed to legitimately beat that par 24s in 2.4s; literally 1/10th the par time. It is indeed legit, and was accomplished using Meat Boy. Guess how I did it? And also my cumulative time saved from CH1 to 4 total was just barely 5.5 minutes this speed run session. ;D

That alone has promoted me approx 130 ranks, sans new levels beaten. Now approx. ranked globally around 3200.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
As it turns out, the latest updates in progress is reworking the leaderboard system. Any times using Steve of Minecraft are all now moot, this is post-prevention of using him to advance scores and still WIP. Which possibly means a default upgrade of my ranking another 100+. Until then, I can only assume via Steam as reference for my ranking.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:13:39 am by Itnetlolor »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2011, 05:52:42 am »

With one combo, boss-giant-with-a-huge-metal-club-and-a-sword-through-his-head, knocks all three of my remaining steam jet-mechs off a skyscraper, my fourth having fell off like two turns ago.  He alone stands on the building, King of the Hill.  Pretty anti-climactic - his healthbar was pretty much gone, he might've had like 4 HP left, out of 1200, and I'd given up one of my character's turns to get a supermove finisher instead of just cherry tapping him to death.  Add to that, the first to fall off was the star character of the chapter.

THEN

The star character, the ROOKIE OF THE TEAM, FLIES back in, in jet-form, lands about five feet away from the boss, and then goes "Okay I'm back!  Is the bad guy still here?", and then turns around and guns his ass down.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2011, 06:06:12 am »

Okay, I'll bite Farce. What game?

Also, 5-hit katana combo, followed by sheathing that and flying into the air. Then, from the sky drops a 150-meter long version of said katana, followed by epic vertical slice. Dead enemy get.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2011, 08:01:21 am »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2011, 10:18:20 am »

While Suikoden isn't one of those games you inherrently own at, I just beat a boss whilst trying to kill off the main character.

Seriously, the character was several levels under everyone else, had no equipment whatsoever (in contrast to everyone else with
the best possible equipment). I spent several turns healing everyone else and I still couldn't kill the guy off.
Oh, and the only character attacking was said main character (only so he'd not defend and so take more damage) and every other hit
was a critical hit.
I'm going to keep the fellow unequipped and dead for as long as I possibly can from now on.

Everybody!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2011, 11:42:03 am »

Triple kill with a rocket.

TF2.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2011, 02:07:07 am »

After being attacked by primitive warboats several times, I decided it was time to show my enemy that my advanced civ does NOT fuck around. Upon reaching my enemies island, I was under heavy fire from towers. Several boats were destroyed before the people could get out of them. My small army emerged on the side of their beach. The towers were busy attacking the war boats, so they came under no fire from them. Upon entering my enemies city, I was rushed by many rock throwers and clubmen. My military was vastly outnumbered. However, they managed to kill every last one of them. They then turned their attention to the civillians and killed them. They destroyed a few buildings and then they were all shot down by the guard towers. Still, they managed to disable almost all of my enemies defences.

[EDIT] My enemy just launched counter attacks. Most of my army is dead. I realised where all of the soldier on my island are coming from. There's an enemy baracks on my island

[EDIT] Pretty much all of my enemies army attacked me on my island. I just launched a counter attack and killed 80% of my enemies forces.

[EDIT] I wiped every trace of my enemy off of the planet. Yay!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:17:54 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2011, 03:15:22 pm »

I didn't care i was the king of an entire kingdom.

I didn't care what others would think of me.

But damnit, i have a right to rule without clothes!

like a boss.

((Fable III))
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2011, 03:18:36 pm »

Set a gas station on fire just to attract some zombies and escaped unharmed.

(Cataclysm)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 709