Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292790 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #555 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:05 pm »

Is that a CRT? WTF are you still using one of those for!?
Actually, that's how the game is rendered. I don't have any of those fossils in my household anymore. See for yourself.

http://www.piratehearts.com/blog/games/you-have-to-win-the-game/

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 07, 2012, 11:18:43 pm »

Is that a CRT? WTF are you still using one of those for!?
Actually, that's how the game is rendered. I don't have any of those fossils in my household anymore. See for yourself.

http://www.piratehearts.com/blog/games/you-have-to-win-the-game/
Well, then, nevermind. That's a pretty freakin' sweet effect, and it fooled me thoroughly. Bravo to them.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 07, 2012, 11:35:34 pm »

I still use a CRT.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 07, 2012, 11:36:33 pm »

I still use a CRT.
* MaximumZero cancels post: Head asplode.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 08, 2012, 12:36:40 am »

I still use a CRT.
* MaximumZero cancels post: Head asplode.

It's twelve years old.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 08, 2012, 01:45:49 am »

...that's almost as old as some bay12ers. Think about that for a moment. Now, imagine that thought within the timescales of technology.

Also, that thing is an electricity hog. Why not try to get a cheapie LCD from a pawn shop?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 08, 2012, 02:05:34 am »

...that's almost as old as some bay12ers.

And older than some gamers.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 08, 2012, 02:39:01 am »

It probably is, but I haven't the money to replace it, and plus! It works just fine.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 08, 2012, 03:30:26 am »

I had just gotten a Paragon, what I believe to be the best ship in the game for various reasons, including but not limited to - A couple of lasers that shoot farther than the screen will let you see, The ability to take 3 of a factions best capital ships plus a entire fleet on, with a modest fleet of my own and take only one point of hull damage. Then take on another fleet just like the first one, with only slight changes directly after the first battle, and ended up at roughly half health. By that point my fleet was decimated and it was mostly just me hanging on with a few fighters. Then, the Hegemony supply fleet decided to attack. Ended that battle with 1% health on my only remaining ship, my Paragon. It felt amazing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 08, 2012, 05:04:48 pm »

I use a CRT too-- a Samsung SyncMaster 793DF that I got free from a local school -- it's actually pretty new, black-and-silver trim, very flat front glass, bright, nice clear colours, decent resolution... Only every monitor of this model I've seen has the weird intermittent problem that it gets horizontal (to the right (scanwards?)) brown/darkened lines from high-contrast dark patches in the image (usually text, some other thin black lines). A good tap on the top of the monitor usually fixes it, and it goes away on its own pretty quickly most of the time.

The monitor/particle accellerator was free though, so I can't complain about it!  :D Also, unlike cheap flat panels, it has infinite viewing angle (if reflections off the glass don't bother you)

...Come to think of it, I didn't pay for much of my computer set up. Most of it is salvaged, and the rest is still secondhand or gifts. My family is like that. I have a floppy drive in my computer, for example. It sure didn't come with one! The CD drive isn't the original one (that broke back when the computer belonged to my dad and we installed a salvaged one). One of drive slots has a blanking plate in it that doesn't match, but it was so pretty (translucent blue plastic over matte white for a crystiline quality and chromed bolts holding the layers together) that I had to use one. It almost fits too! (one side is fairly secure, the other can push back about a centimetre.

As for the computer, it used to be a Dell Dimension 5150 with a Pentium 4.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 08, 2012, 08:15:53 pm »

I use a CRT too-- a Samsung SyncMaster 793DF that I got free from a local school -- it's actually pretty new, black-and-silver trim, very flat front glass, bright, nice clear colours, decent resolution... Only every monitor of this model I've seen has the weird intermittent problem that it gets horizontal (to the right (scanwards?)) brown/darkened lines from high-contrast dark patches in the image (usually text, some other thin black lines). A good tap on the top of the monitor usually fixes it, and it goes away on its own pretty quickly most of the time.

The monitor/particle accellerator was free though, so I can't complain about it!  :D Also, unlike cheap flat panels, it has infinite viewing angle (if reflections off the glass don't bother you)

...Come to think of it, I didn't pay for much of my computer set up. Most of it is salvaged, and the rest is still secondhand or gifts. My family is like that. I have a floppy drive in my computer, for example. It sure didn't come with one! The CD drive isn't the original one (that broke back when the computer belonged to my dad and we installed a salvaged one). One of drive slots has a blanking plate in it that doesn't match, but it was so pretty (translucent blue plastic over matte white for a crystiline quality and chromed bolts holding the layers together) that I had to use one. It almost fits too! (one side is fairly secure, the other can push back about a centimetre.

As for the computer, it used to be a Dell Dimension 5150 with a Pentium 4.

Finishing up on the derail:

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite A300D, connected to a HP Pavilion mx50 monitor.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 09, 2012, 04:47:22 pm »

HP Pavilion mx50 monitor.
Holy shit I used to have one of those years ago. Wow.

Your technology, Reudh, it makes me weep.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 10, 2012, 05:51:14 am »

I combined fire with missile so much times that it consumes all my mana.
But it also incinerates stone walls.

Its in the tutorial tough, but i still find it owning enough to post here.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 10, 2012, 07:38:53 am »

Now visiting some oldies on Gameboy Advance:

Just rolled credits with Karen on year 2 summer. Not too bad for a first playthrough methinks.

And 19 hour 36 minutes of Pokémon Emerald on a comfortable pace. The AI was just too vulnerable against any sort of setup.

EDIT: Tasty grammar.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:14:35 am by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 10, 2012, 07:50:30 am »

Shoting people shoting people in dayz.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 709