Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292999 times)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #675 on: August 23, 2012, 08:17:34 pm »

Was playing with friends, 2 of them and an AI were germans, and me and 2 others played americans. I went tank doctrine, and used calliopes to barrage one enemy base to smithereens and then placed AT guns all across the shoreline and took down any enemy tank that tried to help the enemy base. by that time, we had completely destroyed one enemy base, the AI enemy was god knows where, and the other base was just wasting tanks trying to penetrate our bridges. It ended quite well when I moved my calliopes and repeated the process of *barrage* *barrage* and *barrage*.
365 kills.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 24, 2012, 11:28:02 am »

A long fight against the Core. While building up for a major attack, I noticed several key areas of my production and defenses going up in massive explosions, and it took far too long to realize they had nuclear weapons. Fortunately, enough survived to build back up. One crippled Guardian turret(decent-ranged artillery gun) managed to hold the forward line long enough to get some anti-nuke defenses built, then get reinforced by more turrets.

A major airstrike aimed at crippling the Core was a dysmal failure since I greatly underestimated the power of flak weapons(which are the only ground weapon that can hit strategic bombers). After getting another air force ready, I decided to launch a nuke of my own ahead to create an opening for the bombers.

And the nuke hit their command center. I win.

Different game, but managed to clear a place filled with orcs that look very suspiciously like Warcraft orcs, and women with katanas and very powerful bows, the latter enemy was serious threat close range. I brought in an NPC spellcaster for support, who turned out to be almost completely useless for anything but being a mule(and even then, she had a tendancy to disappear at times). The boss of the place managed to two- and three-shot me several times, until I figured out a tactic of telling my support mage to stop summond and start hitting things with a bound axe, and then kissed the boss, paralyzing her but tiring me, then using a power to steal most of that fatigue back. Then me and my partner just slashed the boss to death.

Loot was extensive, partly due to NPCs being completely unaffected by encumberence(meaning Burden spells are 100% worthless). So now there's a dungeon full of dead orcs and dead naked girls, many of whom are either decapitated, or had an arrow that caused such extensive blood loss they were still gouting it several hours(or days? I don't really know how much game time I spent down there) later, and I managed to make about 30k from the whole thing, plus new, awesome weapons.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 25, 2012, 02:04:02 am »

I baited a soldier back into my sewers with a flare where I waited until I heard the splashes of his footsteps. I jumped around the corner right into his face, jedi-reflecting his panic-rocket and finishing him off with my powerjack before either of us really knew what was going on. Got all my health back. :D

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 25, 2012, 11:47:03 am »

Spoiler: Except maybe this one. (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 25, 2012, 12:07:51 pm »

So we were surrounded by about 10 guards, i've already been shoot up to a point i literally cannot move. We're getting desperate.

I decide to pull out my secret weapon, mind control.

Pissed and high on adrenaline, my mind control is so accurate and deadly, i manage to Pick all 10 guard up telekinetically, and bash them into the ground until they are all dead.

I'm still not sure how mind control translated into Telekinesis.

Maybe the guards where telekenetic, somewhere deep down?

Actually, that makes a lot of sense.

MAJOR SPOILER:

Or it could have been one of your teammates.  Saving the day with strange mutant powers isn't something most brag about in-character.  Not if they want to live, that is.

Still, cool story.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 25, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »

Has anyone else ever controlled one hundred percent market share of a product? I have, am and may continue to do so for the foreseeable future in Economies of Scale.

...I will not tell you said product name because it's a company secret. The name of said company is also a company secret. If you persist on trying to get me to divulge company secrets you will become our next product.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 25, 2012, 08:57:43 pm »

Economies of Scale.
Oh, god that game. It was so fun to do a stock market run and make 3-4 billion.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 26, 2012, 12:47:28 pm »

Economies of Scale.
Oh, god that game. It was so fun to do a stock market run and make 3-4 billion.
I started up again on the 15th with my Facebook account and to be honest with you the stock market worries me. Hell most of what I have done was providing the robotizens with affordable [REDACTED] and [EXPUNGED] while researching into [REDACTED] and [EXPUNGED], among other things.

I provide the best or second best in quality and best on price for [REDACTED] and [EXPUNGED] on the buyer to buyer market on occasion too. I know for one of my main products that if I want to produce the best I'll have to raise the quality by another [REDACTED] points minimum, and by doing so I might be able to beat [EXPUNGED] in regards of overall quality for that product.

I kind of also want to beat [REDACTED] and their rank in the whole highest quality bit, but that is a long way off. Luckily I can and have into NEET for most of my life and as of right now there are less than five reasons that I would even go outside of my bedroom for the foreseeable future. Wish me luck, I guess?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2012, 12:26:43 pm »

Finally got my front flip kick to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvoRadx5L8g&feature=plcp

And this one goes under two names, flying knee to full mount... or... me randomly doing shit and ending up getting a lot more points than I did when I actually tried to do something cool :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utRSmFHjTi8&feature=plcp

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2012, 05:48:00 pm »

Finally got my front flip kick to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvoRadx5L8g&feature=plcp

And this one goes under two names, flying knee to full mount... or... me randomly doing shit and ending up getting a lot more points than I did when I actually tried to do something cool :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utRSmFHjTi8&feature=plcp

This is proof that trying something repeatedly and expecting different results is not insanity, but experimentation with entropy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:10:21 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 27, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »

Not a recent one but meh.

The enemy was sending an attack squad as I positioned a second coal mine to be protected, they destroyed my patrols, but they gave me enough time to build enough wolverobsters (wolverine/lobster mix) to destroy their squad AND their base.
Lobsters are overpowered

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 31, 2012, 05:05:10 pm »

I was playing pyro and just saw how eight kills flew into me.

TF2 obviously

in context I get two-three a life
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 01, 2012, 12:46:38 pm »

Axed and stabbed(and hammered, but that wasn't too effective) a red dragon to death, hauled it's corpse to the butchery, meat stocks up by about 1100, tens of thousands of ☼ worth of crafts from the bones. No casualties. Only fireblast was blocked by a wooden shield.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 03, 2012, 03:00:16 am »

I lowered the temperature of my gaming machine by seven degrees with nothing more than my lungs and a bent paperclip. There is a very noticeable difference so I would like to count that as ownage.

...For the record though I am very much allergic to dust.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30:17 am »

Blood Bowl.

Nurgle (me) vs Elves (computer)

3 - 0 to the Nurgle. 2 dead elves. 4 others badly injured. No casualties to us.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 709