Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292686 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #870 on: November 15, 2012, 03:34:44 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #871 on: November 15, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »

This

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have never seen that before in my entire life.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 15, 2012, 08:41:18 pm »

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
i had written that game off, but just today i saw someone say it was actully good, and not just same old. Is this true???
It kinda is and it kinda isn't. Some parts of the campaign, I've heard, will continue on if your character gets killed. Other times, it's like any other CoD campaign; you die, you respawn at a checkpoint.

The Strike Force missions are a new thing that are kinda cool. You can assume control of different units, like a CLAW (a type of walking tank) or a normal foot soldier armed with an M8A1.

The Create-a-Class in Multiplayer looks kinda restrictive at first, but you quickly learn what you don't need for a class and what else you can take in that item's place.

For example, let's say you have a mid-ranged class with an assault rifle, 1 attachment, two Wildcards, and two Tactical grenades. You want to take a second attachment, but you're at your budget limit. You can take off one Tactical grenade, and that frees up one point to put that second attachment on your assault rifle.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 16, 2012, 03:45:55 pm »

This

I'm calling that game "C4" for "Crude Complicated Cthulhu Combat" until I get a real name.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 16, 2012, 03:53:44 pm »

This

I'm calling that game "C4" for "Crude Complicated Cthulhu Combat" until I get a real name.

Dominions 3, by the look of it.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 16, 2012, 04:23:17 pm »

I was owning with the many different types of new weapons and my custom classes. I also threw some of that owning into the campaign as well.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (me and just about any non-Bay 12-er in the US)

You know, i had written that game off, but just today i saw someone say it was actully good, and not just same old. Is this true???

The multiplayer is excellent and an improvement on the previous games. The campaign is different. It's not EXCELLENT, but it is pretty GOOD. I have also been doing pretty well in it and either get a .50 K/D ratio or a 3:1 ratio. It really depends on your team and as always if the other team gets some momentum they can be hard to beat. This of course works both ways which is how I get a lot of kills.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 17, 2012, 12:14:20 am »

This

They're really charging $55? For a six-year-old game?

Either it's mind-blowingly awesome, or they're seriously overcharging. I could get a brand new AAA title for that much.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 17, 2012, 12:32:30 pm »

After taking quite awhile to find out where to build it, and a little more time figuring out how to use it, The Malevolence is now spearheading my fleet. It can stun-lock any capital ship from about half the map away, and has a huge number of guns to rip apart anything that gets close.

Also:

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 17, 2012, 06:38:02 pm »

After somehow killing a minotaur by disarming him, I managed to stumble into a polymorph trap, turning into a deinonychus. Not only is that automatically awesome because it's a dinosaur, it's also extremely fast and great at jumping.

Screw being an orc, I'd rather be a dinosaur (then again, who wouldn't?)

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 17, 2012, 08:00:35 pm »

After somehow killing a minotaur by disarming him, I managed to stumble into a polymorph trap, turning into a deinonychus. Not only is that automatically awesome because it's a dinosaur, it's also extremely fast and great at jumping.

Screw being an orc, I'd rather be a dinosaur (then again, who wouldn't?)

The Incursion Roguelike or something else ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 17, 2012, 08:12:12 pm »

This

They're really charging $55? For a six-year-old game?

Either it's mind-blowingly awesome, or they're seriously overcharging. I could get a brand new AAA title for that much.

Hate to disagree, but I'd say it's a fantastic game which is slightly overpriced, but still worth it if you like this sort of thing. :P

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #881 on: November 17, 2012, 08:19:49 pm »

I've always wanted to get into Roguelikes, but every time I download DOS and open it up, I see that bloody command line and just shut down mentally. Makes me feel like such a lazy bum but I always end up closing it after a minute or two of tinkering.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 17, 2012, 08:36:17 pm »

I've always wanted to get into Roguelikes, but every time I download DOS and open it up, I see that bloody command line and just shut down mentally. Makes me feel like such a lazy bum but I always end up closing it after a minute or two of tinkering.

Nethack doesn't require DOSBox, and IMO it's one of the best "traditional" roguelikes I've ever played. There's even an official graphical version that looks quite nice, too.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #883 on: November 17, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »

Nethack doesn't require DOSBox, and IMO it's one of the best "traditional" roguelikes I've ever played. There's even an official graphical version that looks quite nice, too.
IK. Played it before. Also, I'm horrible at remembering all the controls and symbols and whatnot.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 17, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »

IK. Played it before. Also, I'm horrible at remembering all the controls and symbols and whatnot.

Can't help you there, then. The very nature of a roguelike requires complex controls, and half the fun is using your imagination. There's also a "look" control (don't remember what it is for Nethack) that tells you what's on a specific tile.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 709